PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-31-2010, 03:11 PM
@Febby or @iFebby
Pocket PC: Nexus 6
Carrier: T-Mobile

CaliBoyPhillip is halfway to VIP status based on repCaliBoyPhillip is halfway to VIP status based on repCaliBoyPhillip is halfway to VIP status based on repCaliBoyPhillip is halfway to VIP status based on repCaliBoyPhillip is halfway to VIP status based on repCaliBoyPhillip is halfway to VIP status based on repCaliBoyPhillip is halfway to VIP status based on repCaliBoyPhillip is halfway to VIP status based on repCaliBoyPhillip is halfway to VIP status based on repCaliBoyPhillip is halfway to VIP status based on repCaliBoyPhillip is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via MSN to CaliBoyPhillip Send a message via Skype™ to CaliBoyPhillip
Re: Sprint replacing Touch Pro with Touch Pro 2!

Quote:
Originally Posted by hyun1120 View Post
I just got my refurb TP2 delievered as a replacement for my faulty TP.

my question is, what does refurb TP2 usually come with? I only got the phone and the battery, when I was told by the rep, that I will recieve charger and all other accessory due to the fact that it is a different model replacement. No sim card either.

someone please let me know if this is acually what I am supposed to get(just phone and battery).

thanks in advance.
I believe what you got is right... the reason being is most refurbs given out by Sprint just come with no SIM, as many have stated from personal experience. I don't think you get a charge as the TP charge should work for on the TP2. sooo just a battery and the device is good enough,you can always try calling sprint and tell them you never got a SIM. they might send you one for free or charge. Best of luck to you and enjoy the TP2
Old 03-31-2010, 04:23 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro - TP2 from Asurion in transit.
Carrier: Sprint - Sero

baham99 is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by hyun1120 View Post
I just got my refurb TP2 delievered as a replacement for my faulty TP.

my question is, what does refurb TP2 usually come with? I only got the phone and the battery, when I was told by the rep, that I will recieve charger and all other accessory due to the fact that it is a different model replacement. No sim card either.

someone please let me know if this is acually what I am supposed to get(just phone and battery).

thanks in advance.
Did you get it from Sprint or Asurion? Did you get a box? It sounds like it's probably a refurb, but use ##778## to confirm. (And if you have Sprint, why would you get a sim card?)
Old 03-31-2010, 04:36 PM
Account Disabled
Pocket PC: HTC Shooter/Schubert 32GB
Carrier: T-Mobile

Dr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 26 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by baham99 View Post
(And if you have Sprint, why would you get a sim card?)
because the tp2 is a world phone lol!
Old 03-31-2010, 04:47 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Rhodium
Carrier: Sprint

eyepoker is just getting started

the sprint repair center in the castleton area of Indianpolis just ordered me a TP2 for my TP1. i should get it by Friday.

after reading the above i guess i don't even get a screen protector? that blows!! well, I'll see if its a refurb or brand new in a day or two.
Old 03-31-2010, 09:41 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

bringit167 is just getting started

I received my Touch Pro 2 yesterday brand new in box with all accessories. I called asurion and paid the $100 deductible just to upgrade. See you all on the other side!
Old 03-31-2010, 11:40 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro - TP2 from Asurion in transit.
Carrier: Sprint - Sero

baham99 is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.8820 View Post
because the tp2 is a world phone lol!
ohhhh...so *thaaat's* what all the sticky threads about unlocking the radio was for!!! haha. Now I get it! (I was like...hmm, why would you want to unlock your phone just to go from one cdma carrier to another. lol)
Old 04-02-2010, 10:05 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

mikep7779 is just getting started
Send a message via AIM to mikep7779

They say they are sending me out a tp2 refurb after the hassle on the phone. Repair center messed up my phone.

I have an order number (nonstandard format from advanced tech support) and the e-ticket. Is there anyway to check the status online?
Old 04-02-2010, 03:08 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

crispykickz is a n00b

Well I got my TP2 yesterday. Whole process took about a week.
I went to the store regarding overheating and keyboard issues. They replace the keyboard and send me on my way.
I call Sprint on Wed. to complain that it didn't get fixed, so they authorize a TP2 after some discussions.
Go to the store, only to find out that the ticket is written such that the store still has to authorize a TP2...which after some discussion, they do.
I picked it up yesterday, unlocked it, and switched to Energy Rom. I am pretty sure I got a refurb, as the phone usage stats under the settings in Energy Rom are not 0 minutes (unless, that's NRG's usage cooked in...who knows).
I really don't care, the phone is in brand new condition, and the usage numbers are low anyways.
I am just waiting for my gadgetshield to take all the plastic off of this thing.
I got the phone and the charger, nothing else. I don't think I really need the SIM chip, since if I go overseas, I am not going to use sprint's sim, i'll use another carrier's sim.
Old 04-02-2010, 03:59 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

Kaikou is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikep7779 View Post
They say they are sending me out a tp2 refurb after the hassle on the phone. Repair center messed up my phone.

I have an order number (nonstandard format from advanced tech support) and the e-ticket. Is there anyway to check the status online?
http://phonereplacementtracking.spri...cementtracking
Old 04-05-2010, 01:19 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G

Chicago Mafia is just getting started

I have been out of contract since December and I have TEP. On my 3rd Touch Pro. Phone started going crazy and lagging VERY badly. Saturday, I dialed *2 and the lady on the phone told me I could either upgrade or go through insurance. I said I didn't want to do either. She suggested I go to a Sprint store so they can see it, and they might offer to replace it with a different phone since I've had my current one swapped out a few times. I asked her if she can note my account with this, and she said she can, as well as make an appointment for me at my local Sprint store.

Today, I go to my appointment and the tech there said it would be 30-45 minutes to look at it. I say ok and I waited in-store. After about 10 minutes, he comes to me and says that they have to replace it with either the same model or the Touch Pro 2. Of course, I go with the TP2! He told me to come back tomorrow afternoon/evening to pick it up after I get a call from them.

Finally, I am a happy man!

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro