PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-09-2009, 03:04 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: A Perma-Temp Rooted HTC EVO 3D
Carrier: Sprint

RidleyJ329 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularRidleyJ329 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularRidleyJ329 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularRidleyJ329 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularRidleyJ329 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Sprint replacing Touch Pro with Touch Pro 2!

i just checked sprint advance exchange online tonight with no luck. maybe ill give this a shot. good luck to anyone else
Old 10-09-2009, 03:42 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

ibleedbloo is becoming a great contributor

What kind of problems are people having with these phones and what kind of things cause these problems to occur?
Old 10-09-2009, 06:16 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: The only $50 Touch Pro2
Carrier: gottaluvSPRINT

wampuscat is keeping up the good workwampuscat is keeping up the good work

i can say u can get differing results from asurion site and sprint advanced exchange,6 mo ago i lost my apache and was using advanced exchange.it shoeed only a replacement apache.i then went to asurion site and they had apache or touch pro.so maybe someone try that
Old 10-09-2009, 06:20 AM
Just a NooB
Pocket PC: ZoOm ZoOm EVO Time

Sporkman is halfway to VIP status based on repSporkman is halfway to VIP status based on repSporkman is halfway to VIP status based on repSporkman is halfway to VIP status based on repSporkman is halfway to VIP status based on repSporkman is halfway to VIP status based on repSporkman is halfway to VIP status based on repSporkman is halfway to VIP status based on repSporkman is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ibleedbloo View Post
What kind of problems are people having with these phones and what kind of things cause these problems to occur?

search the board
Old 10-09-2009, 07:12 AM
Lurker

bjtech is just getting started

I also can confirm that they are replacing the TP with the TP2. I went to a repair center yesterday, not having read anything about this before hand. I was expecting my 6th TP replacement when the woman at the store offered me a Blackberry instead. Of course I said no. She said well here is the list of phones to pick from to replace your TP. The TP2 was on the list, so that is what I picked.
Old 10-09-2009, 07:55 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro II

wooten409 is a n00b
Send a message via Yahoo to wooten409

Quote:
Originally Posted by hypeo View Post
I can attest to this as well.. I just got my replacement TP2 because of 5 TP1 failures.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Delmar View Post
I was the one that originally posted the picture and I can verify that I took a print of it into the store, the tech said she was aware of the issue and offered me one of several different replacements. I chose the touch pro 2. I will be happy to post pics of my touch pro and then touch pro 2 on monday when it arrives for proof.

Will also give my phone number to anyone who wants to talk to me about it. (over IM of course)
Quote:
Originally Posted by HTCotta View Post
Just went to the store tonight with this memo printed out, got a tp2 no questions asked!
Quote:
Originally Posted by bjtech View Post
I also can confirm that they are replacing the TP with the TP2. I went to a repair center yesterday, not having read anything about this before hand. I was expecting my 6th TP replacement when the woman at the store offered me a Blackberry instead. Of course I said no. She said well here is the list of phones to pick from to replace your TP. The TP2 was on the list, so that is what I picked.
Can You guys confirm if the phones are refurbed? I went in yesterday to get my replacement and just wanted a heads up.. Thanx in advance
Old 10-09-2009, 08:28 AM
Lurker

bjtech is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by wooten409 View Post
Can You guys confirm if the phones are refurbed? I went in yesterday to get my replacement and just wanted a heads up.. Thanx in advance
I should be getting mine today or Monday, so I cannot report back until then. However, I cannot imagine they would be refurbs already. Besides, refurbs usually are for the device only. Since it is a different phone, you would need all of the new accessories and manual to go with it. And since they would have let me get a Blackberry or other device, that tells me that any device I would have gotten would be NEW.
Old 10-09-2009, 08:58 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro II

wooten409 is a n00b
Send a message via Yahoo to wooten409

Quote:
Originally Posted by bjtech View Post
I should be getting mine today or Monday, so I cannot report back until then. However, I cannot imagine they would be refurbs already. Besides, refurbs usually are for the device only. Since it is a different phone, you would need all of the new accessories and manual to go with it. And since they would have let me get a Blackberry or other device, that tells me that any device I would have gotten would be NEW.
Yea, they gave me the option of getting the BBerry Tour also.
And I wouldnt have thought theyd have refurbs already either... UNTIL... I saw this thread.

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread...ghlight=refurb

But ur saying since its a whole new device altogether and not just a replacement, I should get everything. Box, Manuals, Styli,etc.. (Which would make sense)

Last edited by wooten409; 10-09-2009 at 09:01 AM.
Old 10-09-2009, 09:09 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: htc touch pro
Carrier: sprint

ppclover2 is just getting started

crap i just swapped out my tp for another one cuz the keyboard stopped working!! i shoulda waited!! is there anything i can do to get a tp2 or do i have to wait until my POS tp breaks again???
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 10-09-2009, 10:17 AM
N00b

vst_ace is a n00b

Could anyone comment on the camera quality on these listed TP1 replacements? I have been quite unhappy with HTC's lack of effort in the graphics dept. I dislike the fact that there is way better hardware on way less expensive phones, and they wont even get decent software to go with the TP1 or TP2 cameras. I guess I'm mostly intrested in the Blackberry Tour's 3.2mp camera. Thanks

HTC Snap
HTC TP 2
BB Tour
BB 8330
TREO 850 Pro

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro