PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Touch Pro (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=63)
-   -   Sprint replacing Touch Pro with Touch Pro 2! (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=89583)

RidleyJ329 10-09-2009 03:04 AM

Re: Sprint replacing Touch Pro with Touch Pro 2!

i just checked sprint advance exchange online tonight with no luck. maybe ill give this a shot. good luck to anyone else

ibleedbloo 10-09-2009 03:42 AM

What kind of problems are people having with these phones and what kind of things cause these problems to occur?

wampuscat 10-09-2009 06:16 AM

i can say u can get differing results from asurion site and sprint advanced exchange,6 mo ago i lost my apache and was using advanced exchange.it shoeed only a replacement apache.i then went to asurion site and they had apache or touch pro.so maybe someone try that

Sporkman 10-09-2009 06:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ibleedbloo (Post 1224620)
What kind of problems are people having with these phones and what kind of things cause these problems to occur?

search the board

bjtech 10-09-2009 07:12 AM

I also can confirm that they are replacing the TP with the TP2. I went to a repair center yesterday, not having read anything about this before hand. I was expecting my 6th TP replacement when the woman at the store offered me a Blackberry instead. Of course I said no. She said well here is the list of phones to pick from to replace your TP. The TP2 was on the list, so that is what I picked.

wooten409 10-09-2009 07:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hypeo (Post 1224553)
I can attest to this as well.. I just got my replacement TP2 because of 5 TP1 failures.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lord Delmar (Post 1224438)
I was the one that originally posted the picture and I can verify that I took a print of it into the store, the tech said she was aware of the issue and offered me one of several different replacements. I chose the touch pro 2. I will be happy to post pics of my touch pro and then touch pro 2 on monday when it arrives for proof.

Will also give my phone number to anyone who wants to talk to me about it. (over IM of course)

Quote:

Originally Posted by HTCotta (Post 1224567)
Just went to the store tonight with this memo printed out, got a tp2 no questions asked!

Quote:

Originally Posted by bjtech (Post 1224684)
I also can confirm that they are replacing the TP with the TP2. I went to a repair center yesterday, not having read anything about this before hand. I was expecting my 6th TP replacement when the woman at the store offered me a Blackberry instead. Of course I said no. She said well here is the list of phones to pick from to replace your TP. The TP2 was on the list, so that is what I picked.

Can You guys confirm if the phones are refurbed? I went in yesterday to get my replacement and just wanted a heads up.. Thanx in advance

bjtech 10-09-2009 08:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wooten409 (Post 1224701)
Can You guys confirm if the phones are refurbed? I went in yesterday to get my replacement and just wanted a heads up.. Thanx in advance

I should be getting mine today or Monday, so I cannot report back until then. However, I cannot imagine they would be refurbs already. Besides, refurbs usually are for the device only. Since it is a different phone, you would need all of the new accessories and manual to go with it. And since they would have let me get a Blackberry or other device, that tells me that any device I would have gotten would be NEW.

wooten409 10-09-2009 08:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bjtech (Post 1224743)
I should be getting mine today or Monday, so I cannot report back until then. However, I cannot imagine they would be refurbs already. Besides, refurbs usually are for the device only. Since it is a different phone, you would need all of the new accessories and manual to go with it. And since they would have let me get a Blackberry or other device, that tells me that any device I would have gotten would be NEW.

Yea, they gave me the option of getting the BBerry Tour also.
And I wouldnt have thought theyd have refurbs already either... UNTIL... I saw this thread.

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread...ghlight=refurb

But ur saying since its a whole new device altogether and not just a replacement, I should get everything. Box, Manuals, Styli,etc.. (Which would make sense)

ppclover2 10-09-2009 09:09 AM

crap i just swapped out my tp for another one cuz the keyboard stopped working!! i shoulda waited!! is there anything i can do to get a tp2 or do i have to wait until my POS tp breaks again???

vst_ace 10-09-2009 10:17 AM

Could anyone comment on the camera quality on these listed TP1 replacements? I have been quite unhappy with HTC's lack of effort in the graphics dept. I dislike the fact that there is way better hardware on way less expensive phones, and they wont even get decent software to go with the TP1 or TP2 cameras. I guess I'm mostly intrested in the Blackberry Tour's 3.2mp camera. Thanks

HTC Snap
HTC TP 2
BB Tour
BB 8330
TREO 850 Pro