PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-13-2010, 12:27 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

digiblur is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardigiblur is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardigiblur is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardigiblur is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Sprint replacing Touch Pro with Touch Pro 2!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBogard View Post
After reading the majority of the posts in this thread, I can only assume that a lot of people are making fraudulent claims. I can't imagine that Sprint or Asurion haven't noticed that as soon as they run out of TP stock, they start getting a huge influx of new claims and requests for TP2's. I would love a TP2 but my TP is fine and always has been. I can understand people who are frustrated with their handset, as I went through a simular ordeal with the Mogul, but you have to have really bad luck to be on your third or fourth TP handset. It seems like a much more solid device than the Mogul all around.

I really would love a TP2 though, if not just for the killer keyboard and the introduction of a real headphone jack! Oh well. Maybe when my TP breaks they'll really have something new to give me that's not going to inherit a lot of the same problems as I imagine the TP2 may.
C'mon... it's not because of us on the forums. We probably don't even make up 1% of all the TP/TP2 users that Sprint has. In all the Moguls, Touch Pro1/2's I've seen out in the wild... I've never seen one person have anything other the plain jane stock programs on them. Also the same on other carrier phones of similar type. So we are far and few between in the pool of TP's.
Old 01-13-2010, 01:08 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch My Pro 2

khalidabuu is keeping up the good workkhalidabuu is keeping up the good work
Send a message via AIM to khalidabuu Send a message via Skype™ to khalidabuu

TP2 on the way =) hard work pays off
Old 01-13-2010, 01:09 AM
Account Disabled
Pocket PC: HTC Shooter/Schubert 32GB
Carrier: T-Mobile

Dr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 26 Post(s)

just to clear up one point that i made earlier, the folks that's paying asurion are not the scammers, just those that make up stuff just to get a free upgrade. those are the scammers.
Old 01-13-2010, 02:32 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

MrBogard is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.8820 View Post
just to clear up one point that i made earlier, the folks that's paying asurion are not the scammers, just those that make up stuff just to get a free upgrade. those are the scammers.
If their phone still works, then they're committing a form of insurance fraud. It's still a scam, even if they pay a deductible. False claims are one of the reasons why Asurion's deductible went from $50 to $100. And just to be clear, I wasn't suggesting earlier that everyone in this thread was scamming Sprint or Asurion, just that a lot of people are. I'm not even passing judgment, but if you're going to call people out for it, be fair. I know I've been tempted to dunk my phone in a bath when I hear Asurion is out of Touch Pros, but I haven't yet :P
Old 01-13-2010, 03:04 AM
Account Disabled

Dr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation level

i'm not going to argue, just pointing out some things. you quoted what i said to the scammer that proudly posted that they pulled off a successful scam. it is those people that makes the insurance rates go up. i've read this thread since day one, everyone who has posted like this jr character has been flamed, and rightly so. did they actually think people were going to side with them over that nonsense? there are people with real problems that probably feel like pulling a scam because they can't get help. that dude didn't have a problem and said so, they just wanted something for nothing. it it will come at the honest peoples' expense.
Old 01-13-2010, 10:33 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

digiblur is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardigiblur is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardigiblur is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardigiblur is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Well to be honest I don't know anyone with a Touch Pro that doesn't have problems. I had 8 of them within like 8-9 months. Maybe more... I lost count. The people at the Sprint store knew me well. The only one that lasted a the longest was the original, but the "oil slick" on the screen got me. Then the keyboard and freezing/overheating issues just kept hitting me where I went through 7-8 phones within 6 months. And it wasn't from abuse either.
Old 01-13-2010, 01:28 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch pro babiii

jr5416 is keeping up the good workjr5416 is keeping up the good work

Quote:
i'm not going to argue, just pointing out some things. you quoted what i said to the scammer that proudly posted that they pulled off a successful scam. it is those people that makes the insurance rates go up. i've read this thread since day one, everyone who has posted like this jr character has been flamed, and rightly so. did they actually think people were going to side with them over that nonsense? there are people with real problems that probably feel like pulling a scam because they can't get help. that dude didn't have a problem and said so, they just wanted something for nothing. it it will come at the honest peoples' expense.
They actually did im getting pm's from alot of members here lol told ya members dont care about honest who does not a dayz, what do you really think members here think your a saint man plz
Old 01-13-2010, 01:53 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: EVO 4G-EVO 3D-Acer Iconia A500

gmfeny knows their stuffgmfeny knows their stuffgmfeny knows their stuffgmfeny knows their stuffgmfeny knows their stuffgmfeny knows their stuffgmfeny knows their stuff

Quote:
anyone stupid enough to post fraud should be flamed. don't worry though, karma will get you. i hope as soon as you pull it out the box, it hits the concrete and shatters.
lol wow thats the funniest thing i read in 2010
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 01-13-2010, 02:01 PM
Account Disabled

Quote:
Originally Posted by gmfeny View Post
that flake still thinks he did something great...i'm walking some members thru using their phone on gsm, that's what i do around here, i try to help. i don't defraud companies for my own selfish, petty needs.
Old 01-13-2010, 02:26 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch pro babiii

jr5416 is keeping up the good workjr5416 is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by gmfeny View Post
Man plz the funniest thing i read about in 2010 was the giants not making the playoffs lmao sucker

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro