PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-11-2010, 05:52 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Sprint Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

blix1337 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Sprint replacing Touch Pro with Touch Pro 2!

Quote:
Originally Posted by shad0w77 View Post
they told me the ONLY phone it can be replaced with is a Touch pro. Meanwhile, the smaller authorized repair center listed off like 5 phones....
Yeah our local corporate store said the same thing. Seems the smaller authorized repair centers are much more flexible...
Old 01-11-2010, 11:46 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: TP
Carrier: SP

exiton is a n00b

fyi, just wanted to report in that refurbished tp2's are available occasionally via multiple device. It just so happens that when I called last week, some were available. Instead of a 5th tp, I've got a tp2 now. Good luck for those with numerous faulty tp's.
Old 01-12-2010, 12:12 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Apple iPhone 5
Carrier: Sprint SERO-Premium

ETphoneHOME is becoming a great contributor

The phone Gods was looking out for me today. My TP2 came in as replacement for my TP. Woohoo! Good Luck and peace out!

On Mogul.^^^

On Touch Pro.^^^ = (
Old 01-12-2010, 12:32 AM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: Evo Shift
Carrier: Sprint SEP 4G

elmerfudpucker knows their stuffelmerfudpucker knows their stuffelmerfudpucker knows their stuffelmerfudpucker knows their stuffelmerfudpucker knows their stuffelmerfudpucker knows their stuffelmerfudpucker knows their stuff
Send a message via MSN to elmerfudpucker

Mine is on order, hopefully will get it in 2 days. took it to the sprint store next to the Lakewood Town Center Mall. The guy in there tried the $100 upgrade deal and I asked him if I lost it? Did I break it? Then why do I have to pay? I bought this TP for $585 back in April and it has been repaired or replaced 4 different times! On top of that I have to pay to have the full body Invisashield replaced all 4 times!

Trick is dont cuss, use a good attitude, and just point out, hey I have spent the money!!

He went to the manager and handed me a receipt for pickup in two days.
"He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion."
Old 01-12-2010, 12:55 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: touch pro
Carrier: sprint

tryphux is keeping up the good worktryphux is keeping up the good work

Yay... i got my today.. new out of the box... even has the new phone scent to it. I went to a corporate store only to be offer down grades and told that the touch pro 2 was not on the list of replacement by the assistant manager. He told me if wanted the touch pro 2 i could upgrade. Was left with a bad taste in the mouth. A week later i called customer service to let them know about my problem with the phone and the corporate store, how i had a bad experience with them. They transfer me to multi exchange where a rep told me that because i had replace it more than 3 times i needed to take to the corporate store. I told him about my bad experience with the store that is not even in my city, he told me he was going to talk to his super to see what he could do and he would called me in 2 days. 2 days later i get a called from and him informed that the super told him the same thing. Defeated i was beginning to accept my loss. 3 days later i get a called from a sprint rep asking me if my problem had been resolved i told her it had not. She then surprise to tell me she was going to look into it and see what she could do. She told me she was going to look at the notes and called me back in 30 mins. She called me back and told me i could upgrade and that sprint would credit my account, but that i needed to extend my contract... i like sprint service and i was getting a touch pro 2 so i said YES. thanks so much to that rep and sprint for following up. pops for Sprint.
Old 01-12-2010, 12:58 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: touch pro
Carrier: sprint

tryphux is keeping up the good worktryphux is keeping up the good work

My advised to people here.. is to be courteous to the reps.. they are just following rules from super and management.. and they are happy to help you if you act civilize. You will gain nothing by been rude to them, but only for them to think.. 'why should i help this person?'. So be polite.
Old 01-12-2010, 09:56 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

cloudrider is a n00b

Here is my story. Back in late october/early november my TP started acting up. Over heating, hinges were very lose. Took it in sprint store, they offered me the normal stuff, NO tp2. I took another tp1. Well last weel it started again, big suprise. Took to store and nice lady asked me if I liked the phone. I said yes and she said I was just wondering cause I can offer you other phones. I asked what can she offer, TP2 was top and the others that we all know are not comparable. So I said I guess the TP2. She never looked at my phone or anything. Got refurb TP2 yesterday. Did get power adapter. What come with a NIB phone?

Be patient and you will get upgraded.
Old 01-12-2010, 11:12 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: 6700, 6800, TP , TP2x2 and now EVO!!!

nutzy19 is keeping up the good worknutzy19 is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolguy949 View Post
I called Advanced Tech and they directed me to a repair store. There isn't anything they can do over the phone.
log back in and cancel your claim. Then start the claim again and have a bad screen or USB port. The rest is history.
Old 01-12-2010, 11:22 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 3D
Carrier: Sprint - bye bye VZW!

shad0w77 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularshad0w77 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularshad0w77 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularshad0w77 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularshad0w77 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

okay finally made some headway... I have a busted keyboard on my touch pro 1 (second one it happened to). Sprint repair center would have ordered me a TP2, but it was backorderd. They said to try the Sprint support number to see what they can do and ordered me a TP1 to hold me over. The TP1 is coming in today, and Sprint said that when I get it, call them back and they will send the TP2 along w/ a return envelope for the new TP1. But, I had to jump through hoops w/ Sprint support and once I got to Advanced Tech Support, they helped me out and made all the necessary notes on my account. So, w/ anyluck, I should be getting a TP2 by Thursday or Friday. Yes!!

Being curteous was a def help. Good tip for those of you getting angry at the reps on the phone.
Old 01-12-2010, 03:59 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC

onetwothree is just getting started

took my nieces tp1 since none of the front buttons were not working only the screen, and the rep just said come back on Wednesday we ordered an other tp1, they did not give me the option of choosing a different mode.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro