PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-12-2009, 03:23 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: TouchPro2
Carrier: Sprint

ehanhan is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Sprint replacing Touch Pro with Touch Pro 2!

Yeah when mine broke about a month ago one sprint rep at a store told me that they are replacing TP1's with TP2's and to mention it to Asurion when replacing my phone.

You guys are right, that isnt a good idea. They wouldn't budge. I just said the rep told me to ask, which he did.

So I got a new tp1 from asurion at least. Hopefully it breaks soon lololol
Old 12-12-2009, 02:23 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: tp2
Carrier: sprint

iceturkee is just getting started

any of you people with reception issues try to get a free airave? i got one and the fees waived for 2 years because of dropped calls and low signal bars. according to sprint's map, i'm in a best coverage area. but i have a tv antenna and microwave transmitters very close to where i live.

heck, i had the same problem with their mobile broadband. i finally cancelled the line, without having to pay a termination fee because there are quite a few known issues in my area.

ask for retention and good luck with the airave.
Old 12-12-2009, 06:23 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G

ILMVVM2 is a n00b

Does anyone know how to sync with windows 7? I installed the disc but haven't been successful syncing yet with WMDC.
Old 12-12-2009, 07:14 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC

onetwothree is just getting started

once you connect the phone, wn7 will download the drivers needed
Old 12-12-2009, 07:53 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Motorola A855 Droid
Carrier: Verizon

vesty16277 is keeping up the good workvesty16277 is keeping up the good work
Send a message via AIM to vesty16277

Quote:
Originally Posted by ILMVVM2 View Post
Does anyone know how to sync with windows 7? I installed the disc but haven't been successful syncing yet with WMDC.
I've had problems with this before sometimes a firewall can block it
1- Motorola A855 Droid
1 - Flesh Light
Old 12-12-2009, 09:14 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: TouchPro2

ehanhan is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by iceturkee View Post
any of you people with reception issues try to get a free airave? i got one and the fees waived for 2 years because of dropped calls and low signal bars. according to sprint's map, i'm in a best coverage area. but i have a tv antenna and microwave transmitters very close to where i live.

heck, i had the same problem with their mobile broadband. i finally cancelled the line, without having to pay a termination fee because there are quite a few known issues in my area.

ask for retention and good luck with the airave.
Yeah I got one for free as well. I had a genuine issue, my old house got zero reception.

I found the airave to be cool but worthless if im downloading anything. I think it takes too much upload bandwidth bc my connection is the faster cable like 1/mb a sec down
Old 12-12-2009, 09:58 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Vogue

aven_soulgazer is a n00b

I live in the country where Sprint's 3g is my only form of "broadband" which really sucks for me, so no airave.

Went 40 miles to the Sprint store. Tech has it for a whole 5 minutes and comes back and tells me the signal and battery tests are fine and have to call insurance.

I'd managed an hour conversation with it last night. 8 bars of power to start with, dead after an hour and very hot. My finger tips are sore like a burn from a hot plate or such. I think that was probably from pulling the battery out of the phone. Vibrate no longer works.

Phone was fully charged when I left for the store. 40 miles with only a couple of texts, no wifi, one website pulled up, and the phone is almost half dead by the time I get there. But the battery test says it's fine.

Called Sprint, very friendly lady gets on hold with another department, puts me on hold for a while, finally comes back and says they won't do anything for me and I have to go through Assurion. Call up Assurion, finally talk to someone, tell him my issues. He forwards me on to another guy. He tells me the department I need to talk to doesn't work on the weekends and they'll call me 24 to 48 hours. I assume he means starting monday. They tell me to pull the battery out and to never put it back in because it overheated. Asked for a phone number for the department to call me at, my cell phone is my only real form of communication. Plus I have out job applications and resumes and that is my only contact number listed. I shall see what happens but I have to keep using this phone anyway. Just no long phone convo's and charging.
Old 12-12-2009, 10:11 PM
N00b

aven_soulgazer is a n00b

I live in the country where Sprint's 3g is my only form of "broadband" which really sucks for me, so no airave.

Went 40 miles to the Sprint store. Tech has it for a whole 5 minutes and comes back and tells me the signal and battery tests are fine and have to call insurance.

I'd managed an hour conversation with it last night. 8 bars of power to start with, dead after an hour and very hot. My finger tips are sore like a burn from a hot plate or such. I think that was probably from pulling the battery out of the phone. Vibrate no longer works.

Phone was fully charged when I left for the store. 40 miles with only a couple of texts, no wifi, one website pulled up, and the phone is almost half dead by the time I get there. But the battery test says it's fine.

Called Sprint, very friendly lady gets on hold with another department, puts me on hold for a while, finally comes back and says they won't do anything for me and I have to go through Assurion. Call up Assurion, finally talk to someone, tell him my issues. He forwards me on to another guy. He tells me the department I need to talk to doesn't work on the weekends and they'll call me 24 to 48 hours. I assume he means starting monday. They tell me to pull the battery out and to never put it back in because it overheated. Asked for a phone number for the department to call me at, my cell phone is my only real form of communication. Plus I have out job applications and resumes and that is my only contact number listed. I shall see what happens but I have to keep using this phone anyway. Just no long phone convo's and charging.
Old 12-12-2009, 10:19 PM
N00b

aven_soulgazer is a n00b

Old 12-12-2009, 10:22 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: touch pro 2
Carrier: SPRINT

TITOMSD is just getting started

update : tp2 are now in stock...got mine ordered should have mine by tues. or weds. since they said will take 2-3 business days and i was told will be nib....i rally hope the tp2 isnt going to turn out like my tp has been...good luck to those still trying..

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro