PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Touch Pro (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=63)
-   -   Sprint replacing Touch Pro with Touch Pro 2! (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=89583)

hypeo 10-09-2009 11:23 AM

Re: Sprint replacing Touch Pro with Touch Pro 2!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sporkman (Post 1224997)
my contract is not up till 2010 hmm

Mine is the same way, but I went to the store and they swapped me for a TP2

Sporkman 10-09-2009 11:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hypeo (Post 1225027)
Mine is the same way, but I went to the store and they swapped me for a TP2

retail store repair center ?

S8perman 10-09-2009 11:29 AM

I dialed *2 from my phone and went to tech support..if they try to refer you to a store tell them you don't have the time cause u get off too late or something.

sanjsrik 10-09-2009 11:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HTCotta (Post 1224567)
Just went to the store tonight with this memo printed out, got a tp2 no questions asked!

Can you say "which" memo when you say "this memo"? I'd like to use it as well.

S8perman 10-09-2009 11:31 AM

I'm thinking he had this 1..

http://www.howardforums.com/showthre...3&page=1&pp=15

wphend00 10-09-2009 11:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by S8perman (Post 1225021)
You won't get charged if you have the equipment protection.

If EPP = the $7.99 I pay a month, that is fine, but will I get a TP2, or a TP?, that is the million dollar question.

S8perman 10-09-2009 11:35 AM

Not sure. Try it...it will tell you what model you will get before you have to confirm the order.

Sporkman 10-09-2009 12:02 PM

just got off the phone with CS retentions they told me because i have had so many replacements i would have to take my phone in to the local store and they will look @ it .....

you can see my mobo under my keypad ( home button phone keys )

S8perman 10-09-2009 12:07 PM

Print the memo and take it to the store with you...I say its worth a try.

wphend00 10-09-2009 12:24 PM

Says UT Starcom TOUCHPRO.. that is right before I get to the final screen where it says my sprint account will be billed $119.00

gostars9 10-09-2009 12:32 PM

My TP has all kinds of issues. I've been meaning to head into a store anyway and have them replace it for another TP. I'll try today and see what happens.

yachtspecco 10-09-2009 12:41 PM

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows CE; IEMobile 8.12; MSIEMobile6.0) Sprint T7380)

Quote:

Originally Posted by gostars9
My TP has all kinds of issues. I've been meaning to head into a store anyway and have them replace it for another TP. I'll try today and see what happens.

3 weeks ago when i bought my tp-2 i pursued this avenue and was told only if i have had had 5+ replacements already on tp would they upgrade to the tp-2. Sort of like the "lemon law" i guess. Your results may vary

one80oneday 10-09-2009 12:53 PM

anybody havin luck without insurance? I dont have insurance but they fixed my chrome and kb about a month ago for free and Im still having issues. Do you think they will just fix it again, say im SOL, or get me a tp2?

nonstop 10-09-2009 12:53 PM

I just walked into my local Sprint repair center, explained I was on my second TP and both it and my original had issues missing calls in my house (where my Mogul never had that problem). Replacement TP2 is on it's way. I do have TEP and SERO.

wphend00 10-09-2009 01:03 PM

Its worth a try... I guess, next week, on Monday, I will try to do it here in Louisville.
I guess it is important to try the big sprint stores and not the little ones... first.

Sporkman 10-09-2009 01:07 PM

UPDATE !

just got back from the repair center :D

will pick up my new Touch pro 2 Monday or Tuesday !!!

so after so many replacements i finally get a new model !

Brutis 10-09-2009 01:21 PM

What types of repair centers are you going to? When I do a search on sprint.com I get repair centers "by A1 Wireless" and such instead of an actual sprint store repair center. Will those work? Closest sprint store repair center is like 25 miles away.

nuuuuts 10-09-2009 01:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ppclover2 (Post 1224787)
crap i just swapped out my tp for another one cuz the keyboard stopped working!! i shoulda waited!! is there anything i can do to get a tp2 or do i have to wait until my POS tp breaks again???

we got our TP replaced too just recently 10/7 to be exact, replaced for the KB problem. I'm hoping that since we just replaced it that maybe they might be able to swap it out to something else.

S8perman 10-09-2009 01:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sporkman (Post 1225324)
UPDATE !

Welcome to the club!

Sporkman 10-09-2009 01:25 PM

Oh and he said i would not have to renew my contract :D

relisted 10-09-2009 01:32 PM

go back to the tp forum. find the thread "sprint is really starting to piss me off"

i have a post in there explaining what i did

Spiderman313 10-09-2009 01:34 PM

Anybody have any luck with this with Sprint stores in Detroit? If so which one?

relisted 10-09-2009 01:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Spiderman313 (Post 1225401)
Anybody have any luck with this with Sprint stores in Detroit? If so which one?

just try calling..

bjtech 10-09-2009 02:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wphend00 (Post 1225301)
Its worth a try... I guess, next week, on Monday, I will try to do it here in Louisville.
I guess it is important to try the big sprint stores and not the little ones... first.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brutis (Post 1225359)
What types of repair centers are you going to? When I do a search on sprint.com I get repair centers "by A1 Wireless" and such instead of an actual sprint store repair center. Will those work? Closest sprint store repair center is like 25 miles away.

I went to a SMALL (still selling the Treo 650) "repair" store close to my house. They offered me the TP2 without me saying a word. It must be on their PC screen when the log the replacement. If a store doesn't offer it, it is probably because they are being stingy with their phones.

I had tried about 4 different times the day before to get a TP2 over the phone and got nowhere.

JoePuetoRico 10-09-2009 02:13 PM

mmmmmmmmmmm.... I was promised one from a rep and now they say its not in my notes I cant get that rep again I'll try going to the store !!! thanks

skeptikal 10-09-2009 02:28 PM

Ok so here is my story with all of this: I went to the advanced replacement tool and they were going to replace my TP with another refurb TP. So, I went to what I thought was my repair center. They said they were no longer a repair center and sent me across town to the new repair center. I am having keyboard and random restart issues btw. I show up at the new repair center and the girl there says they are not a repair center yet. I ask if they can just replace it. She said no. So, I call *2 and tell them my story. They send me to retention who then warm transfers me to tech support. Tech support says we can no longer send out replacements and directs me to the advanced replacement site. I tell her that I tried that and it refers me to the repair center that is not yet a repair center. She escalates the call to tier 2 tech support with a cold transfer. Not sure if it's called tier 2 or what but you know what I mean. After several minutes tier 2 tech support says they will send out a replacement TP. I said that the first rep in the store told me that I should not take a TP and that there may be a list of phones available for exchange other than the TP. TS says that that is correct and lists the phones that are available for exchange. I said I of course would like the tp2. They say they are out of stock. I then asked if i could purchase one as an upgrade. They said yes. I said well, I’ll take one of those in exchange and she said they can only replace with refurbished TP2s. So now I am on a call back status with tier 2. She will check tomorrow early if there are any in stock and call me if they are. If not she will check Wednesday which is the next time she works. At any rate, it must be getting out there that this is possible because they were pretty guarded with info and even tried to steer me into another TP which would have been # 4 for me. The whole time I felt like I was running a scam or something which is not the case. I really do have a malfunctioning TP and it really is their policy to try and replace them with something other than another TP. I guess I just have guilt issues. El oh el. I’m gonna post this on howard forums too so sorry to all those that may read it twice.

wphend00 10-09-2009 02:31 PM

Quick question to the forum folks... I have chrome chipping all over my phone... and the famous Rainbow smudge...is that a replaceable "offense"?

Scientific 10-09-2009 02:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sporkman (Post 1225324)
UPDATE !

I did the exact same thing. Walked in, told the rep my TP keyboard no longer works. Guy didn't even look at the phone, asked if there was a model I was interested in. I acted like I didn't already know there was a list and the TP2 was on it...just asked if here was a list if I could see what my choices were. Guy then came back said how about the new TP2, it's not even in the store yet and it has an improved design..etc etc. Sounds like a winner to me, pick it up Monday or Tuesday...free of charge, no extended contract or anything! =D>

juliend 10-09-2009 03:08 PM

dang sprint guys! I'd bet my left nut verizon NEVER does this.

chronster 10-09-2009 03:08 PM

OK I JUST TOOK MY PHONE AND SLAMMED IT ON TO CONCRETE AND SMASHED IT INTO PIECES, NOW I'M GONNA GO GET MY TOUCH PRO 2 FOR FREE!

I don't even care if I make them go out of stock for all those suckers willing to spend money on it! DERRR

fusQer 10-09-2009 03:09 PM

Sorry for this nub question but in order to get a TP2, do I need to have any type of phone warranty service for my TP1 (b/c I don't). I get random resets, keyboard stops working and then I have to force reset, sometimes the light to the keyboard doesn't come on until I reset (this could cause me to have an accident while I'm trying to text in the dark! (joke).

Da Uniq 1 10-09-2009 03:10 PM

I am going to try this this weekend. will report back. Honestly, if I was getting an upgrade, I wouldn't mind or complain about a refurb. they arte still under 1 yr warranty.

And notice the key words "FREE UPGRADE" ;-)

chronster 10-09-2009 03:19 PM

None of you see how faking a damage report to get a free TP2 could be harmful to everyone else?

bjtech 10-09-2009 03:21 PM

Out of curiosity, has anyone here actually held the TP2 in hand? It is much larger and heavier than the TP. Unless you have very large hands, you actually have to shift the phone in your hand in order press the top corner screen and then a bottom hard button. For me it is worth it because of the screen size. But for those who want to upgrade, you may want to keep that in mind.

Scientific 10-09-2009 03:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chronster (Post 1225675)
None of you see how faking a damage report to get a free TP2 could be harmful to everyone else?

For those committing fraud, I agree 100%...but there are those, like me, who have legit issues with their TP keyboard(s). There's an entire sticky thread on how to fix it yourself! I don't think there would be a need for that if there wasn't a common issue with that phone...

gostars9 10-09-2009 03:37 PM

Update:

So I went into my repair center and told them about the problem I have with overheating and the keyboard only working half of the time. The guy didn't care at all. The first thing he noticed was the chrome on the side of my phone has a crack in it. He said it was physical damage (I didn't drop it.. it has brittle chrome) and that I have to go through asurion to replace it (paying the $100 deductable). I'm pissed.. I didn't crack the chrome, it cracked on it's own.

chronster 10-09-2009 03:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Scientific (Post 1225699)
For those committing fraud, I agree 100%...but there are those, like me, who have legit issues with their TP keyboard(s). There's an entire sticky thread on how to fix it yourself! I don't think there would be a need for that if there wasn't a common issue with that phone...

yeah, THAT I have no problem with at all. It's the people faking stories or sharing "what works" that will ruin this for the rest of us.

Scientific 10-09-2009 03:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chronster (Post 1225745)
yeah, THAT I have no problem with at all. It's the people faking stories or sharing "what works" that will ruin this for the rest of us.

Yup, unfortunately there will probably be several people who damage their own phone just to get a new, "free" upgrade...guess we'll have to depend on bad karma haunting those people...

hypeo 10-09-2009 03:47 PM

I'll speak for myself, I do have keyboard issues. I had 5 replacements, the manager from my local sprint store took it upon himself to get me out of the phone because of an email he got from corporate saying that the TP1 was very buggy with the keyboards. He offered several other phones and including in the list was a TP2. So I took it!

Lord Delmar 10-09-2009 03:48 PM

Well, the 'what works' isn't necessarily fraud either. I already had an appointment with my repair store about my screen orientation problem. On a stock rom I would be typing a text message and it would swap orientation on its own. I even flashed a custom rom and then back to stock and it still happened. I was searching howard forums to see if anyone there had been experiencing the issue when I found the link that I posted here.

Had I known people would be mad about me posting something tha tI saw as helping the community, I wouldn't have. Though I suppose you cannot please everyone, all of the time.