PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-01-2009, 11:37 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

fatalblitz is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Sprint replacing Touch Pro with Touch Pro 2!

Hey guys, quick question concerning whether or not i can swap my TP for a TP2. I'm currently on my 4th touch pro, and the most recent swap was through advanced exchange online. Before taking my defective phone and sending it back to sprint, i brought it to the store and had the tech look at it, and replace the keyboard. BUT the manager handed me her card and said if anything happens again give her a call and she'll try and get me a new phone. Now my screen is messed up (loose, and distorts color when touched). Think this is good enough to count towards a phone swap?
Old 12-01-2009, 11:56 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

Arterion is becoming a great contributor
Send a message via AIM to Arterion Send a message via MSN to Arterion Send a message via Yahoo to Arterion

I think if it's out-of-stock it can be absent from the list, but I'm not sure. The past week, there have been a lot of posts from people who've gotten the TP2, but no one has been able to confirm the status of the original memo. Our ability to get a TP2 hinges on a two angles:

1a) That the Oct 6 memo is still in effect: TP's should be exchanged from a phone on the WEL list on their FIRST replacement, instead of waiting until three replacements have been made.

1b) That the TP2 is still on the WEL list.

2) That a manger of either a store or at the call center takes pity and makes an exception to normal procedure, and issues a TP2 as a courtesy.

I confirmed 1a last week (11/23) when I did an Advanced Exchange via tech support for another TP. I was offered the standard options (Pre, Snap, etc.), but specifically NOT the TP2. The tech did mention something about how he thought the TP2 belonged on the list, and even put me on hold to double check that. I didn't even mention the TP2, he did. But he came back and said it wasn't on there. This may mean it was removed, or it could mean it's just out-of-stock?

However, yesterday (11/30), I ended up on the line with tech support again and was told that NO other phones were available... but again, I think it's because that's the NORMAL policy. The TP is, by the Oct 6 memo, an exception to normal policy, and not everyone who works for Sprint is aware of that at this point. The tech from last week initially told me that I could ONLY swap for another TP until he actually started the process on his computer, and the other options came up. He said he had never seen that before -- which totally confirm the "unaware" hypothesis of why some people may be getting told that they can only swap for another TP.

EVEN IF the TP2 is off the WEL, as long as they were trying to get you out of the TP, I'd go for the second angle, because we all know none of the other phones on the list are comparable to the TP. Tell them you gotta have a touch screen and full QWERTY keyboard on windows mobile, but you don't want another TP dud. The only realistic choice for replacement is the TP2.

Last edited by Arterion; 12-01-2009 at 11:59 AM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 12-01-2009, 12:26 PM
Account Disabled
Pocket PC: HTC Shooter/Schubert 32GB
Carrier: T-Mobile

Dr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 26 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by xxxjdoggxxx View Post

For the people who have the Touch Pro 2 are there any problems with it like the Touch Pro 1 or have all the bugs been worked out?
no more overheating!
Old 12-01-2009, 12:55 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC Touch PRO 2 (Sprint)

ModmyPPC is halfway to VIP status based on repModmyPPC is halfway to VIP status based on repModmyPPC is halfway to VIP status based on repModmyPPC is halfway to VIP status based on repModmyPPC is halfway to VIP status based on repModmyPPC is halfway to VIP status based on repModmyPPC is halfway to VIP status based on repModmyPPC is halfway to VIP status based on repModmyPPC is halfway to VIP status based on repModmyPPC is halfway to VIP status based on repModmyPPC is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arterion View Post
I think if it's out-of-stock it can be absent from the list, but I'm not sure. The past week, there have been a lot of posts from people who've gotten the TP2, but no one has been able to confirm the status of the original memo. Our ability to get a TP2 hinges on a two angles:

1a) That the Oct 6 memo is still in effect: TP's should be exchanged from a phone on the WEL list on their FIRST replacement, instead of waiting until three replacements have been made.

1b) That the TP2 is still on the WEL list.

2) That a manger of either a store or at the call center takes pity and makes an exception to normal procedure, and issues a TP2 as a courtesy.

I confirmed 1a last week (11/23) when I did an Advanced Exchange via tech support for another TP. I was offered the standard options (Pre, Snap, etc.), but specifically NOT the TP2. The tech did mention something about how he thought the TP2 belonged on the list, and even put me on hold to double check that. I didn't even mention the TP2, he did. But he came back and said it wasn't on there. This may mean it was removed, or it could mean it's just out-of-stock?

However, yesterday (11/30), I ended up on the line with tech support again and was told that NO other phones were available... but again, I think it's because that's the NORMAL policy. The TP is, by the Oct 6 memo, an exception to normal policy, and not everyone who works for Sprint is aware of that at this point. The tech from last week initially told me that I could ONLY swap for another TP until he actually started the process on his computer, and the other options came up. He said he had never seen that before -- which totally confirm the "unaware" hypothesis of why some people may be getting told that they can only swap for another TP.

EVEN IF the TP2 is off the WEL, as long as they were trying to get you out of the TP, I'd go for the second angle, because we all know none of the other phones on the list are comparable to the TP. Tell them you gotta have a touch screen and full QWERTY keyboard on windows mobile, but you don't want another TP dud. The only realistic choice for replacement is the TP2.
Thank you,

When you say "Advanced Exchange via tech support" are you talking about calling sprint or going to a sprint store?

Once again thank you for the clarifications
Old 12-01-2009, 01:38 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch + Touch Pro + Touch Diamond

rgildoss is halfway to VIP status based on reprgildoss is halfway to VIP status based on reprgildoss is halfway to VIP status based on reprgildoss is halfway to VIP status based on reprgildoss is halfway to VIP status based on reprgildoss is halfway to VIP status based on reprgildoss is halfway to VIP status based on reprgildoss is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to rgildoss Send a message via MSN to rgildoss

i was told that Advance exchange would offer me a TP2 only after the TP was changed 3 diffrent times within 6 months ...im on my third one now ..
Old 12-01-2009, 01:47 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

WmDuchess is becoming a great contributor

when your waiting for something time goes by so SLOWLY....

my g1 loving friend even admits that the TP2 is the ish nits...

this dude used to say his g1 one is better the the iphone, pre and even touch pro... (i know he is very looney)

TP LINE ROCKS.
Old 12-01-2009, 02:17 PM
DaFlowMaster
Pocket PC: TP2 IPHONE 3GS 5.1.1
Carrier: GSM...

HBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Send a message via AIM to HBOOT

Now you talkin Duchess, no dusisht, nomsayin
Old 12-01-2009, 02:19 PM
Account Disabled
Pocket PC: HTC Shooter/Schubert 32GB
Carrier: T-Mobile

Dr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 26 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by WmDuchess View Post
when your waiting for something time goes by so SLOWLY....

my g1 loving friend even admits that the TP2 is the ish nits...

this dude used to say his g1 one is better the the iphone, pre and even touch pro... (i know he is very looney)

TP LINE ROCKS.
see, i told you it would come! now go to a sprint store and praise the logo lol!
Old 12-01-2009, 02:24 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

WmDuchess is becoming a great contributor

( i havent gotten it yet.... im just very excited.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.8820 View Post
see, i told you it would come! now go to a sprint store and praise the logo lol!
Old 12-01-2009, 04:42 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G

ILMVVM2 is a n00b

My tp has now stopped working. I have had it charging for like 4 hours. The phone won't turn on or off now from the power button. If I do a soft reset it goes off ok and comes back on but I can hear the bleep that indicates the battery is very low. I have taken the battery out for more than 3 minutes and the same thing happens. No matter what u press the screen stays the same. I cant even get to the home screen now. Does anyone know a way to get past this so I can save all my contacts, calls, etc? I have a replacement coming hopefully tomorrow but I can't be without a phone that long. I may have to have them change my phone to an old palm centro till I get the refurb in the mail. This is total doodoo! PLEASE DOES ANYONE KNOW?

I just got an email on my order confirmation. It was just mailed out 2day. That phone should have been mailed ot yesterday. Urgh!

Last edited by ILMVVM2; 12-01-2009 at 04:45 PM.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro