PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-30-2009, 09:43 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: htc touch pro
Carrier: sprint

sho0z is keeping up the good worksho0z is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Sprint replacing Touch Pro with Touch Pro 2!

its true! i have my receipt itll be here in 2 days! i had no trouble what so ever! i suggest you go into the store and do it!
Old 11-30-2009, 09:46 PM
Account Disabled
Pocket PC: HTC Shooter/Schubert 32GB
Carrier: T-Mobile

Dr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 26 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by WmDuchess View Post
this sucks.... my phone didnt come in today... it was supposed to... :0(
don't worry soldier, it'll come. i have faith lol!
Old 11-30-2009, 10:14 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

WmDuchess is becoming a great contributor

see a man's touch is way better then a woman when it comes to tech stuff... i been dealing with sprint for 2 months and didnt get any where.. my boyfriend calls today.. and in 30 he did not only call csr but the store and spoke to the actual tech that placed my order. dude says he remembers me.. and that my order way placed today and that i will probbably get my phone on wednesday.. and the tech said with witness in my house that its going to be a TOUCH PRO 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.8820 View Post
don't worry soldier, it'll come. i have faith lol!
Old 11-30-2009, 10:47 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Evo

mharvey is becoming a great contributor

I just exchanged my Touch Pro (#3 for me) for a Touch Pro 2 today. I received my last TP two weeks ago when I was shipped a Reburb Pro on an Advance Exchange. My previous phone was locking up overnight and overheating. The refurb Pro locked up on me a few times in the first week. In addition to that the G Sensor was defective. It would not calibrate at all and it made any App that used the G Sensor impossible to use.

I paid a visit to a local repair center on Friday and gave them my story... just received a refurb and that it was defective. Asked politely if they could help me or if I would have to do the Advance Exchange again. I made no mention of the TP2 or any other model phone.

The rep asked to look at the phone and pulled up my account. A few minutes later he came back and apologized for the problems that I was having and asked if it would be ok if they ordered a new Touch Pro 2 for me. "That would be great."

I was told that the TP2 would have to be ordered and should be in by Tuesday. I received a call today... it was in a day early.

The phone is a refurb as well but it looks perfect. I was just given the phone, battery and a charger/USB cable. No manuals, etc.

I guess that only thing that I am not 100% happy about is that I did not receive the extra stylus and screen protector that is supposed to be included with a new phone.

Did anyone else get these?

I asked at the repair center and the had no clue about what I was talking about. I do not really need the stylus but I would like to get the screen protector. I used it on the TP and I think it saved me from scratching the screen up. I guess I will stop by another Sprint store and see if they can get me a screen protector.

BTW: Anyone need a brand new screen protector or stylus for a Touch Pro? I still have one screen protector and two styli that I no longer need.

Last edited by mharvey; 11-30-2009 at 10:49 PM.
Old 11-30-2009, 10:57 PM
Account Disabled

Dr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation level

Quote:
Originally Posted by mharvey View Post

BTW: Anyone need a brand new screen protector or stylus for a Touch Pro? I still have one screen protector and two styli that I no longer need.
swing by the karma thread in the tp forum, i'm sure someone could use it! and call *2 and tell them about you needing the items that came with the tp2, they just might ship them out to you or exchange your refurb for a nib! did you get a sim card?
Old 11-30-2009, 11:05 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

faintecho is just getting started

Do you think they would actually do that? Its a replacement, would they give you a stylus and screen protector?? My refurb didnt come with a charger, can I at least ask for that?
Old 11-30-2009, 11:20 PM
Account Disabled

Quote:
Originally Posted by faintecho View Post
Do you think they would actually do that? Its a replacement, would they give you a stylus and screen protector?? My refurb didnt come with a charger, can I at least ask for that?
they should if you present your case and be really nice about it.
Old 11-30-2009, 11:28 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

faintecho is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.8820 View Post
they should if you present your case and be really nice about it.

CSR or Advanced Exchange??
Old 11-30-2009, 11:46 PM
Account Disabled

csr or *2. you might have some luck at the store if the rep is cool. as far as the charger, i'm using the one for the tp because they are the same.
Old 11-30-2009, 11:56 PM
Lurker
Carrier: sprint

iSloth is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by iSloth View Post
Sprint is trying to play the run around with me. I went to get my TP1 replaced for the first time about a month and a half ago, and the guy in the store was very prompt, sincere, nice and well informed. He said I had to have my TP1 replaces at east once before I could get a new replacement phone from a designated list. (The one from the beginning of the thread, TP2, BB Tour, HTC Snap, and so on).

However, when I went in today to get them to replace my 2nd malfunctioning TP1 (the keyboard has gone out on both) the guy told me the HTC TP2 was only on the list for "like a day" and they took it off. I didn't want to call him out on this cause I guess I'm technically not supposed to know about the list in the first place.

He offered me 4 choices; HTC Snap, BB Curve, another TP1, and the Palm Pre. He then mentioned HTC Snap would definitely not be a good replacement. I told him yeah I realized it would be a downgrade, and frankly, everything he mentioned except for the TP1 was also a downgrade for me. (Sorry but I'm just not a fan of the Palm Pre.) So I told him to just go ahead and get me another TP1, however I'm going to call sprint later tonight and discuss with someone about this issue.

I find something fishy about what went down because I was home from uni for thanksgiving break and went to the sprint store in my hometown and they said they could order me a TP2, except it wouldn't be in til Monday (Nov 30); and unfortunately I had to be back at uni on sunday, so there was no way I could really do that.

I'm thinking about calmly refusing the TP1 when I go back to the sprint store tomorrow. Not sure yet, I'll have to call CS later tonight.
Calling Sprint did me absolutely no good, they tried to switch me between two departments for at least an hour (customer service and advanced technical support? It made absolutely no sense whatsoever.)

And then the end guy was trying to tell me to basically suck it up and use my 1-year upgrade tomorrow and buy a Hero. And he tried to tell me I'd get 75$ off the new 2 year contract price, which in my experience is absolutely false! He went on to try to tell me he had come from phones with keyboards and it was just as good, I told him that's nice but I prefer a tactile keyboard. He mentions, "Oh but the hero vibrates and when you press it the keyboard raises up the screen."

I finally asked him to just transfer me to retentions, and he said he needed a reasons. Umm I guess b/c I want to cancel my account? And he transfered me right over. The first woman I got in retentions was incredibly helpful, but as soon as I thought I was going places she transfers me to her supervisor who claims he used to own all the sprint stores in my city, I told him that's nice but that doesn't pertain to my problem. He kinda seemed sad that I wasn't impressed with his resume. But regardless he went and turned all the help I was getting and said I'd have to go to a corporate store.

So I went to the corporate store near me and they took about an hour to tell me the keyboard was out and they probably wouldn't be able to fix it, they would need to order parts, however they couldn't do so b/c the previous store I went to already put in a ticket for me. So I tried to call that store and cancel it but he said oh there's no way we can we'll just send it back when we get it in tomorrow.

/Sigh. Sprint you never cease to inconvenience me sometimes. I'm just gonna politely refuse the TP again tomorrow and go home and get what I was promised the very first time. I have no more faith in the reliability of the TP, as much as I love it. }:

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro