PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-29-2009, 02:42 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: touch pro 2
Carrier: SPRINT

TITOMSD is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Sprint replacing Touch Pro with Touch Pro 2!

well i just got my phone replaced and got another tp refurbished again..guess ill just wait til this one acts up and just go with another carrier since im not on contract..glad to hear you guys were able to get something out of sprint.
Old 11-29-2009, 02:46 AM
Account Disabled
Pocket PC: HTC Shooter/Schubert 32GB
Carrier: T-Mobile

Dr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 26 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TITOMSD View Post
well i just got my phone replaced and got another tp refurbished again..guess ill just wait til this one acts up and just go with another carrier since im not on contract..glad to hear you guys were able to get something out of sprint.
don't throw in the towel just yet soldier...like you said, just use it 'til it breaks and exchange it again. you will get one down the road.
Old 11-29-2009, 03:02 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: ppc6700,htc diamond
Carrier: sprint

mnuky is a n00b

JUST GOT THE WIFE'S TP REPLACED WITH TP2 FROM ASURION WITH NO HASSLES.ON TOP OF THAT MY REBATE HAS BEEN APPROVED TOO AFTR ONLY PURCHASING MY TP2 FOR $199.99.AND I SOLD MY TP FOR $180.sweeeeeet
Old 11-29-2009, 10:57 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G
Carrier: Sprint

ILMVVM2 is a n00b

My touch pro has pretty much the same issues as everyone else it looks like. I was told my warranty is no longer valid. Weird. Does my visit to the store get entered into my file and does the "invalid warranty" show up somewhere on my account that I can verify it for myself. I don't want to look stupid going to another store trying to get a replacement for my malfunctioning phone.
If my warranty is not good anymore then my next avenue would be to file a claim with Asurion for a replacement due to my phone being cracked as well as the other issues. Not sure what phone I'll get as a replacement if I do file a claim (it better be a TP or even better a TP2). Does anyone know if the replacement phones will have a warranty on them?

Last edited by ILMVVM2; 11-29-2009 at 11:47 AM.
Old 11-29-2009, 11:51 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G

ILMVVM2 is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by mnuky View Post
JUST GOT THE WIFE'S TP REPLACED WITH TP2 FROM ASURION WITH NO HASSLES.ON TOP OF THAT MY REBATE HAS BEEN APPROVED TOO AFTR ONLY PURCHASING MY TP2 FOR $199.99.AND I SOLD MY TP FOR $180.sweeeeeet

Where did you get a tp2 phone for $199.99? That's a great deal!
Old 11-29-2009, 11:55 AM
Laying low in smoke
Pocket PC: EVO
Carrier: sprint

hypeo is halfway to VIP status based on rephypeo is halfway to VIP status based on rephypeo is halfway to VIP status based on rephypeo is halfway to VIP status based on rephypeo is halfway to VIP status based on rephypeo is halfway to VIP status based on rephypeo is halfway to VIP status based on rephypeo is halfway to VIP status based on rephypeo is halfway to VIP status based on rephypeo is halfway to VIP status based on rephypeo is halfway to VIP status based on rep

I just got off the phone with Asurion, they were going to give me a Referb TP for $100.00 I said HELL NO!! I guess is back to waiting till they give me a NIB TP1 or a TP2

Old 11-29-2009, 01:54 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

faintecho is just getting started

When I first heard about this I couldn’t believe it. So I tried it myself.

I spoke to Tech Support the guy seemed to know what he was talking about, listed phones that I could select for my replacement including the TP2 but he had to transfer me to Advanced Exchange. When I spoke to AE they listed phones other than the TP2. Well I gave up for a few days, tried again, and repeated the process.

Eventually this one time I was on hold for I would say over an hour, I was actually in the drive thru of Checkers when I was able to talk to this nice lady. She was a supervisor and told me that the TP2 was unavailable at the moment but that it may become available later. She gave me her personal cell # and told me to call her back in 2 weeks to check to see if it could be replaced for a TP2. In the back of my mind I was thinking, A way for her to get rid of me? No way this number is hers!

About 2 1/2 weeks pass and I decide to give her a call. Got her personalized voicemail and was surprised to see it was legit. Around 24hrs later, about 6pm when I was at a friend’s house she gives me a call back from a Sprint #. "..Let me check if I could place the order for your TP2.. there were some avaible this morning.." put me on hold for a few, came back with an order # ( I think it was 6 or 7 digits ) Well basically she said I should receive the phone by Monday.

So now I am waiting to see if I actually receive a package on Monday/ Tuesday and if it’s actually a TP2. Wish me luck.

Last edited by faintecho; 11-29-2009 at 01:56 PM. Reason: Edit Detail
Old 11-29-2009, 02:10 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy Note 2
Carrier: The Now Network

mulhiny is halfway to VIP status based on repmulhiny is halfway to VIP status based on repmulhiny is halfway to VIP status based on repmulhiny is halfway to VIP status based on repmulhiny is halfway to VIP status based on repmulhiny is halfway to VIP status based on repmulhiny is halfway to VIP status based on repmulhiny is halfway to VIP status based on repmulhiny is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ILMVVM2 View Post
My touch pro has pretty much the same issues as everyone else it looks like. I was told my warranty is no longer valid. Weird. Does my visit to the store get entered into my file and does the "invalid warranty" show up somewhere on my account that I can verify it for myself. I don't want to look stupid going to another store trying to get a replacement for my malfunctioning phone.
If my warranty is not good anymore then my next avenue would be to file a claim with Asurion for a replacement due to my phone being cracked as well as the other issues. Not sure what phone I'll get as a replacement if I do file a claim (it better be a TP or even better a TP2). Does anyone know if the replacement phones will have a warranty on them?
I don't understand. If you have insurance you must have the $7 TEP, no? If that's the case, while the HTC Mfg warranty may be expired, Sprint is still supposed to fix anything wrong with the phone other than physical damage. That's what you pay for. The TEP is not a warranty, but insurance. Go to the corp store and ask for a TEP brochure, then hand it to the rep and say "fix my phone"...lol

"I am Mulhiny and I am a flasher"..wmdunn
"I am Mulhiny and I'm a phone junkie"..Riley
Old 11-29-2009, 03:45 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro Dos

vzihome is becoming a PPCGeeks regularvzihome is becoming a PPCGeeks regularvzihome is becoming a PPCGeeks regularvzihome is becoming a PPCGeeks regularvzihome is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Talking Re: Sprint replacing Touch Pro with Touch Pro 2!

what is her cell number...might give it a try...thanks
Old 11-29-2009, 03:54 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

austerville is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by faintecho View Post

Eventually this one time I was on hold for I would say over an hour, I was actually in the drive thru of Checkers when I was able to talk to this nice lady. She was a supervisor and told me that the TP2 was unavailable at the moment but that it may become available later. She gave me her personal cell # and told me to call her back in 2 weeks to check to see if it could be replaced for a TP2. In the back of my mind I was thinking, A way for her to get rid of me? No way this number is hers!

About 2 1/2 weeks pass and I decide to give her a call. Got her personalized voicemail and was surprised to see it was legit. Around 24hrs later, about 6pm when I was at a friend’s house she gives me a call back from a Sprint #. "..Let me check if I could place the order for your TP2.. there were some avaible this morning.." put me on hold for a few, came back with an order # ( I think it was 6 or 7 digits ) Well basically she said I should receive the phone by Monday.

So now I am waiting to see if I actually receive a package on Monday/ Tuesday and if it’s actually a TP2. Wish me luck.
Good for you, but whatever you do please don't give anyone else that number, including me The CSR was nice enough to help you out and shouldn't be rewarded by a ton of calls from others. I'm sure there'll be some that will disagree with me, but I don't think we want to discourage the CSRs who are actually happy to help.
This post has been thanked 2 times.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro