PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-19-2009, 10:35 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: sprint

pnptech is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Sprint replacing Touch Pro with Touch Pro 2!

*2 regular customer service, they know of the problems with TP keyboard, locking up etc...,

Last edited by pnptech; 11-19-2009 at 10:39 AM.
Old 11-19-2009, 10:44 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

austerville is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by pnptech View Post
*2 regular customer service, they know of the problems with TP keyboard, locking up etc...,
Depends on who you speak to. Some CSR's have been helpful and others not. I got all the way to management (higher than the supervisor) and she wasn't able to order me a TP2 because it wasn't in stock. She asked me to check back with her every few days. Very strange how some people can order it and some can't.
Old 11-19-2009, 10:47 AM
N00b
Carrier: Sprint SERO

azurecrayon is just getting started

here is my tale of woe:

ive been trying to get switched to the tp2 since this first started in early oct. my phone has had real issues, severe dropped calls, lack of signal strength, overheating when in use, audio glitches, sometimes screen wakes up for 2 seconds out of every 30 seconds when not in use. it took 4 advanced tech support calls, a visit to a corp repair center, and another call to an asc before i finally called to cancel service and they at least set me up with a free airave (refunded the cost to my acct and i get 24 months free airave service). that solved the signal strength and dropped calls while at home at least. ive since been to the asc again for the overheating and other random issues where i was told they can ONLY replace it with a refurb, no nib tp and no other model.

my sister has a tp also and has had two replacements in the last 3 months and her most recent nib one has a broken kb already. we originally had moguls, but i got a tp through advanced exchange last april when they were out of mogul refurbs, and told her about it too so she could do the same.

so we both went to the corp repair store last night. i coached her on what her demands should be for a replacement phone (dont accept another tp1, must have qwerty slide out kb, touchscreen, expansion card slot, winmo, etc). she told them she wanted a tp2, the rep tried to talk her out of it offering her blackberries etc, but she said no and listed what she required in a phone as coached to do. i took my phone in for overheating and the camera was operating funky.

guess who had a new tp2 ordered for them?? well it wasnt me. i, the one who has spent hours on the phone with tech support on multiple days, read every word of every post faithfully for the 170 pages and 6 weeks of this thread, i was told, again, that they cant duplicate the issues with my phone and so there is nothing wrong with it. while my sister who doesnt even read forums about her phone, uses stock rom and doesnt care about modding her phone, got on the sero plan because i told her about it and helped her set it up, got her tp because i checked advance exchange for two weeks until it offered the tp instead of refurb mogul, she reaps the rewards of my efforts and will be going back in 2-3 days to pick up her brand new tp2. i am happy for her, really.

life is unfair. so is sprint.

i figure now i will take a different tactic. until now i havent taken them up on the refurb replacement offers. mine has a nice skin on it and i operate under the "better the devil you know than the devil you dont" theory, so i refused the risky refurbs. but now i think i will do advanced exchange for the overheating, get my refurb which will likely be broken in some way anyway. i hope that in two weeks i can rack up enough refurb exchanges that they will finally let me get a tp2.
Old 11-19-2009, 01:36 PM
N00b

biggienick is just getting started

azurecrayon,

When you go in to the repair center, see if they will offer you ANY exchange on the phone. They should offer you the BB Tour, Snap, Treo Pro, etc. When they offer this to you, just mull around and then tell them that you want to think about it BUT you want that info in your account notes. Make them read it back to you. Make sure that the notes indicate that you are eligible for a phone swap because of your problems and that you will do research and come back to let them know which fone you want.

Then a few days later, go back and find a different CSR, have them reference your notes that you are eligible for a phone swap and reference your sister's account and say that you were playing with HER TP2 that she got on a phone swap and that you want the same fone. It will need manager approval but say that you've swapped out for at least 4 different TP1s and now you want a TP2.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 11-19-2009, 01:47 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Samsung Epic

Scoob is becoming a PPCGeeks regularScoob is becoming a PPCGeeks regularScoob is becoming a PPCGeeks regularScoob is becoming a PPCGeeks regularScoob is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

Biggie- good tip.
I am get my 2nd TP b/c the battery/unit heated up so much the guy actaully said store it with the battery out for now...

I was never offered any exchange, they just came back saying they will order me another TP. If I have another problem, I will ask for my choices first.

The guy did say I should just upgrade, I am eligible now, since the TP is troublesome but I dont want to shell out $349 for an upgrade.

I am wondering if my upgrade status will make me less like to get a switch out...
Old 11-19-2009, 02:46 PM
N00b
Carrier: Sprint SERO

azurecrayon is just getting started

unfortunately they will not offer me an exchange. the asc told me they cannot exchange phones and can only order refurbs of the same model. ive had it in to the corp store twice, both times they have said that it passes all their diagnostics and they cant duplicate the issue. ive had a few different online techs offer refurb tps, but they always say they cant exchange.
Old 11-19-2009, 03:06 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Samsung Epic

Scoob is becoming a PPCGeeks regularScoob is becoming a PPCGeeks regularScoob is becoming a PPCGeeks regularScoob is becoming a PPCGeeks regularScoob is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by azurecrayon View Post
unfortunately they will not offer me an exchange. the asc told me they cannot exchange phones and can only order refurbs of the same model. ive had it in to the corp store twice, both times they have said that it passes all their diagnostics and they cant duplicate the issue. ive had a few different online techs offer refurb tps, but they always say they cant exchange.
Reading this thread shows just how inconsistent things are with CS, stores, etc.

Why don't you try a third party repair center? I read at first that was the only place to go for exchanges but now it seems Corp stores are game too.
Old 11-19-2009, 03:28 PM
N00b

biggienick is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by azurecrayon View Post
wow, that is nuts. do you remember which rep handled your sister?I would find that rep and get them to do the same for you that they did for her.

I had to go to 3 different stores about 4x each so that's about 12 hours down the drain but I got TP2s for all our accounts.
Old 11-19-2009, 03:37 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Evo 4g & TP 2
Carrier: Dan.

coolwhip1220 is halfway to VIP status based on repcoolwhip1220 is halfway to VIP status based on repcoolwhip1220 is halfway to VIP status based on repcoolwhip1220 is halfway to VIP status based on repcoolwhip1220 is halfway to VIP status based on repcoolwhip1220 is halfway to VIP status based on repcoolwhip1220 is halfway to VIP status based on repcoolwhip1220 is halfway to VIP status based on repcoolwhip1220 is halfway to VIP status based on repcoolwhip1220 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Ok, so I'm three days in to the social experiment of showing up everyday at both Sprint stores. No TP2 yet, but I've been told when they can order them again, they will order me one. And since I'm going in everyday, and check here everyday, I will know when that is. So now my goal it to get the store manager to write it on the back of his business card. No crying, no lying about how crappy my phone is, no multiple replacements. Just a simple "What would it take for you guys to get me a TP2 instead of this TP?" with a smile on my face. And hopefully when I call Sprint to tell them I'm thinking of switching to AT&t, they'll give my other line a free hero. I'm not gonna lie, I've pretty much made sprint my biotch. I've never had an issue, except for reception.

Old 11-19-2009, 04:33 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

kitts is keeping up the good workkitts is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolwhip1220 View Post
Ok, so I'm three days in to the social experiment of showing up everyday at both Sprint stores. No TP2 yet, but I've been told when they can order them again, they will order me one. And since I'm going in everyday, and check here everyday, I will know when that is. So now my goal it to get the store manager to write it on the back of his business card. No crying, no lying about how crappy my phone is, no multiple replacements. Just a simple "What would it take for you guys to get me a TP2 instead of this TP?" with a smile on my face. And hopefully when I call Sprint to tell them I'm thinking of switching to AT&t, they'll give my other line a free hero. I'm not gonna lie, I've pretty much made sprint my biotch. I've never had an issue, except for reception.
Nobody is returning TP2s? wow, c'mon TP2 guys, return some of them so that we will have a chance to take it..

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro