PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Touch Pro (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=63)
-   -   Sprint replacing Touch Pro with Touch Pro 2! (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=89583)

dyra502 11-08-2009 10:25 PM

Re: Sprint replacing Touch Pro with Touch Pro 2!

Quote:

Originally Posted by dibara2003 (Post 1310506)
You think that's bad? There's only 4 corporate sprint stores in my state (3 ASCs and 1 replacements by mail) and no third party repair center. I haven't had any luck here since this came up.

yeah that bads any other ways of getting a tp2 by mail

dreadinny 11-08-2009 11:19 PM

Let me add my two cents on how it went for me. I had a Touch Pro that went bad in September. I got an exchange. That new one started acting up. I called the insurance, they said call Sprint. Sprint said take it to service. I dropped it off, they did a wipe, but the original problem of rebooting was still happening. On top of that, the pad under the screen was lifting up. The repair dude looked at me, lifted a Touch Pro 2 and said, "You know what, I am just going to send you one of these."

I get it Tuesday.

Scoob 11-09-2009 08:03 AM

Well, my stable TP stopped charging yest and then died. My KB was fine.

They Sprint store said they are replacing it but since there was no mention of a TP2- I figure I'll get a TP1 again. It's cool since right now I have to use an old Samsung flip phone!

jason25 11-09-2009 08:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dr.8820 (Post 1310385)
@ jason25, keep trying different reps. the right one will come along, trust me. i found it easier having tech support note my account, then going to the sprint store. a tp2 was ordered from the store, mainly because of the notes on my account. but as you can see, there are several ways of doing this lol!

Should I just keep calling until I get that right person or just wait until I get my replacement? The confirmation e-mail says they are sending a TP but the guy in retentions said I might be getting a TP2.

kidmet 11-09-2009 09:39 AM

Anyone in the Baltimore area having luck? I'm in Denver, but traveling to Baltimore. Would be a productive trip if I knew there was a store that could help me out. My keyboard is once again out.

Dr.8820 11-09-2009 10:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jason25 (Post 1311479)
Should I just keep calling until I get that right person or just wait until I get my replacement? The confirmation e-mail says they are sending a TP but the guy in retentions said I might be getting a TP2.

i would wait for the replacement, then act.

jason25 11-09-2009 10:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dr.8820 (Post 1311608)
i would wait for the replacement, then act.

Thanks, that's what I was thinking. I don't want too many notes on my account.

Dr.8820 11-09-2009 10:28 AM

i know what you mean. i wouldn't bug them everyday, some have had luck that way though. i only tried twice, maybe waited a couple weeks before the 2nd time and had success.

nobunschit 11-09-2009 10:48 AM

Here's my story:

I'm on my 2nd TP. Keyboard stopped working, went to the Sprint repair center (Cranston, RI) - she said "we can fix that", and when she took the TP, I said: "Well, what about the other problems?" ....rep said, "such as?". I said, "it constantly overheats"...and before I could list anything else she offered a list of replacements, including the TP2.

I get it today. Note - I had called this same store before going in and they said "no we can't replace it with a TP2" ...but as mentioned above they were pretty eager to replace it w/ TP2 when I showed up.

The rep did mention to me "this phone has been nothing but problems, and we'd rather just replace it w/ the TP2 to make it easier."

So if you're in the RI/MA area, you might have luck at this store.

coolwhip1220 11-09-2009 12:47 PM

I like how every new HTC Sprint comes out with is automatically the little problem child as soon as the new one's out, but when they replaced their previous Mogul/Touch/Vouge with the TP or Diamond, it was God's gift to mankind. Just cracks me up, and before I get 10,000 messages about what is truly wrong with your TP, we went though this with the Mogul just 18 months ago.