PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-07-2009, 03:59 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Samsung Moment
Carrier: Sprint

violent23 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Sprint replacing Touch Pro with Touch Pro 2!

Well I spent all day yesterday trying to get my pro replaced with a pro2, 2 different stores and hours on the phone all they will replace with is what in the warehouse. Getting an Intrepid.
Old 11-07-2009, 05:34 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

incende is a n00b

I've been reading this thread for a few days now, and I think it is time that I tell my tale of woe. I am now on my 3rd Touch Pro. My original I bought in November of 08 at Best Buy and it worked great until August of this year. It developed a lot of keyboard lag and the GPS started to act very funny(cutting itself off in the middle of giving directions, insisting on making U-turns for no reason, etc). So I brought the phone to a corporate store and the technician agreed the phone was bad. He told me that the Touch Pro was turning out to be a very bad model and I was lucky I had my original for so long. So they ordered me a refurb and it came a few days later. While I was waiting for it, I found this thread and became really concerned about the refurb and so I called Sprint and they stated they would not swap out the phone with another model.
So, I got the refurb and was pleasantly surprised. The battery lasted ~50% longer than my original and it was updated to the new rom from HTC. A few days ago however(so after about 3 weeks) the refurb starting locking up on me, and started to miss texts and phone calls. I have to be able to receive all my calls, and so I called Sprint Customer Service earlier this week to get another Touch Pro. The rep tried to get me to swap to a BB Tour, Curve or a Palm Treo, and I explained that I had a $300 investment in a phone, and all those phones cost at most $150. So they sent me another Touch Pro and for my trouble a travel charger.
I got the package on Thursday of this week and found out they had sent me the charger for a blackberry. Well, technically I could use it, but in case they new refurb broke I didn't want Sprint to be able to blame me for using the wrong equipment. Come to find out, I didn't need to worry about it because the new refurb reset itself in the middle of trying to activate it over echat. It just rebooted while I was trying to enter the information the tech instructed me to. It finally activated and I went to call Customer Service about the charger, so I pressed send to bring up the dialpad and it reset itself again.
So I call and tell them this and they send me to the Escalations department, which informed me they would usually replace it with a Touch Pro2 but didn't have any in stock. They advised me to go to the store and try to get them to replace it with a Touch Pro2 from thier stock. So I go and wait in line just to be told that they didn't have one either and that they would call me when they came back in stock.
Well, today the Fn button has decided to stay on all the time and I cannot send texts anymore and the Sprint reps on the phone say they can do nothing about it. So it appears I am at the mercy of the warehouse and their stock, if they ever replenish it. Just wanted to share this, Thanks.
Old 11-07-2009, 07:05 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

michaelj1981 is just getting started

i hate doing this going in for issues with my phone but i am on my 5th swap.
last year i had the mogul and they gave me the touch pro cuz the screen ****ed up on me right on xmas day. they didn't have any in stock so they gave me the touch pro. Round 1. round 2 in feb to hear out of of the phone was so low i couldn't hear people less i pushed the phone close up to my head or use headphones so they sent me a new one, Round 3 the phone they sent me was broken the batter connection had a short in it, so they gave me a brand new touch pro. round 4 they keyboard stop workng a few months later and they sent me another round 5 in sept my phone started crashing on me at random times then the update came out and that fixed it great. well my phone the other day started blinking on and off and fading in and out of sleep, wouldn't hold a charge, got a water mark on it which wasn't cuz of me, so they are giving me the touch pro 2 this week. I' did ask if i can just have the hero cuz i liked it after playing around with it and didn't seem to have issues but they said no i have to get the touch pro 2 and i said well i quess. I'll be getting the htc hereo regardless in a few months after its been out awhlie maybe that might be better. I do love the htc touch pro but wow so many issues with the damn phone its crazy. But i hope the tp2 dont give me any issues.
Old 11-07-2009, 07:45 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

signothefish is keeping up the good worksignothefish is keeping up the good work

Guess I should consider myself fortunate. Got my TP in Summer of '08 and had no issues until recently, when it stopped syncing/charging. My replacement is coming next week, and after reading this thread, I'm getting a little nervous about the potential for a trouble-prone device.

Do you guys think the cab that pulls 900mA from a USB connection would have caused this?
Old 11-07-2009, 08:24 PM
WHAT CAN YOU DO WITH 4G?!
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy SII Epic 4G Touch
Carrier: The non-4G 4G'ers (Sprint)

radar369 is a VIPradar369 is a VIPradar369 is a VIPradar369 is a VIPradar369 is a VIPradar369 is a VIPradar369 is a VIPradar369 is a VIPradar369 is a VIPradar369 is a VIPradar369 is a VIP
Send a message via AIM to radar369 Send a message via Yahoo to radar369 Send a message via Skype™ to radar369

Quote:
Originally Posted by hellraiser_osu
Wha? Which Mogul did you get? My mogul was a 2.8" screen just like the Touch Pro.. Did you mean something else?
My bad, thought the Mogul had like....a 3inch screen or something! The Mogul screen definitely does look bigger though.........and I was still mad!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beejis
Yeah the moguls screen appears bigger but it really is the same exact size.
Yeah, and I'm just now finding that out! Well, at least my TP2 blow both of those devices out.........and I was still mad!
Old 11-07-2009, 10:29 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

mrenz999 is keeping up the good workmrenz999 is keeping up the good work

My TP2 is having no issues at all. Way better quality than the TP. And I was not a TP hater. So those that have them coming you will be impressed I think. Again, I have 2 TP2's now and both have no issues.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 11-08-2009, 12:59 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro, Touch Pro 2 & Wanting Evo

Capsyze is keeping up the good workCapsyze is keeping up the good workCapsyze is keeping up the good work

Hey Man dont try to work around the pos make them work for you if it messes up call em and call em til they dont have anyother choice, sorry im so aggresive but in all actuality ive been with sprint for a while and paid alot of money for new phones/ asurion phones/ and TEP...these phone are prices way to high they (Carriers) make us crazy!!

Old 11-08-2009, 03:11 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC touch pro
Carrier: sprint

smurfer87 is a n00b
Send a message via Skype™ to smurfer87

well here is the real deal>

I saw a few people stating that sprint was replacing tp1 with tp2. I did my research and read all the policy's b4 calling sprint. here is was is going on,if you have insurance and its an issue other then hardware/software , your going to be getting a tp1 replaced by the insurance company "not sprint", if you "don't have" insurance and your HTC tp1 is still covered under the one year warranty and you call in or do the online replacement form, your going to still get a TP1. here is the loop hole, you have to walk into a sprint store and see a tech about the handset issue. if its an on going hardware issue they will replace the tp1 with the tp2.the catch! you have to have had your TP1 "REPLACED THREE TIMES" b4 getting a different of like model. and so I am getting a TP2 next week. hope to at lease !!!!!
Old 11-08-2009, 10:56 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: Samsung Moment

violent23 is a n00b

The three phones is not true, plenty of people on here have had a TP1 replaced with a TP2 without that many.
Old 11-08-2009, 01:54 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

bookerx3 is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by smurfer87 View Post
well here is the real deal>

I saw a few people stating that sprint was replacing tp1 with tp2. I did my research and read all the policy's b4 calling sprint. here is was is going on,if you have insurance and its an issue other then hardware/software , your going to be getting a tp1 replaced by the insurance company "not sprint", if you "don't have" insurance and your HTC tp1 is still covered under the one year warranty and you call in or do the online replacement form, your going to still get a TP1. here is the loop hole, you have to walk into a sprint store and see a tech about the handset issue. if its an on going hardware issue they will replace the tp1 with the tp2.the catch! you have to have had your TP1 "REPLACED THREE TIMES" b4 getting a different of like model. and so I am getting a TP2 next week. hope to at lease !!!!!
The three phones remark from above is not entirely true. I was one of the people who was on their first tp and received a TP2 NIB. It has been said before , but it really just depends on your particular situation and the store you visit. There seems to be no set in stone policy that Sprint is following just guidelines for them to use their best judgment.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro