PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-03-2009, 01:09 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Diamond
Carrier: Sprint

Fuzzy Wuzzy is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Sprint replacing Touch Pro with Touch Pro 2!

Quote:
Originally Posted by radar369 View Post
Hell yeah Fuzzy, that's what I'm talkin bout! Just got my TP2 today NIB baby.....all I can say is DAMN! Have to make a couple reg edits though because I'm waiting for the Silence rom to drop!

See you guys on the other side........................

Yeah the workers in the Northville store are EXTREMELY helpful and whatnot, really awesome employees.

And yes, guys, my phone did have legitimate problems.

and thanks Radar for suggesting I go there!
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 11-03-2009, 01:38 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: hTC touch-pro 2!
Carrier: sprint

dee91 is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardee91 is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardee91 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows CE; IEMobile 8.12; MSIEMobile6.0) Sprint T7380)

it worked like a charm by me but not at all the way you guys do it either way dont try this at the franchise in morristown they are real dushbags and dufaces who refuse to swap it for tp2 to spite!
Old 11-03-2009, 02:11 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

xxxjdoggxxx is a n00b
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)

For those of you that are using the online advanced exchange have you been getting a refurb tp1 or a nib tp1? The Replacement Phone Model shows up as "UTStarcom Touch Pro". Does that mean nib or is there a possibility of a refurb? I used the advanced exchange in January to get the tp i have now and it was nib. I believe it said "UTStarcom Touch Pro" back then but I am not sure. If there is a chance of a refurb I may have to just drive 30 miles to the closest Sprint store and try for a tp2.

As of right now I would be happy with getting a tp1 that works how it is supposed to as I have everything set how I like it (rom and other things). This will be my 3rd tp1 if I use advanced exchange. After that I will be trying for a tp2.

Some info that might be useful to someone, After trying for over 2 weeks to use the advanced exchange and getting errors every time I decided to try it with internet explorer today instead of firefox and it worked.
Old 11-03-2009, 03:53 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Motorola Q9c/Touch Pro

dibara2003 is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by xxxjdoggxxx View Post
For those of you that are using the online advanced exchange have you been getting a refurb tp1 or a nib tp1? The Replacement Phone Model shows up as "UTStarcom Touch Pro". Does that mean nib or is there a possibility of a refurb?
Unfortunately, you don't know if it'll be NIB until it ships and you get the confirmation email. I've had it say UTStarcom Touch Pro and I got a refurbed model. AE is really a crapshoot, but... the odds of getting it new are greater on there than through a retail store.
Old 11-03-2009, 10:10 AM
bdf
Lurker
Pocket PC: Epic

bdf is a n00b

Sprint Business Premier would not give me a TP2, but I did get NIB TP1, again, 4th phone, I have a stack of accessories and batteries now!

New phone is OK so far, but only time will tell.

I spoke with about 10 people at Sprint, Consumer business, retention, they all refused the TP2.
Old 11-03-2009, 10:12 AM
Account Disabled
Pocket PC: HTC Shooter/Schubert 32GB
Carrier: T-Mobile

Dr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 26 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bdf View Post
Sprint Business Premier would not give me a TP2, but I did get NIB TP1, again, 4th phone, I have a stack of accessories and batteries now!

New phone is OK so far, but only time will tell.

I spoke with about 10 people at Sprint, Consumer business, retention, they all refused the TP2.
a couple people did it all wrong and sprint's on to it now. asurion was even doing it and now they've stopped and only offer the tp now.
Old 11-03-2009, 12:18 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: htc pro
Carrier: sprint

jdmcivicguy is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdmcivicguy View Post
So i guess i made a smart decision. I took the refurb back today. The lady asked right of the bat, "Would you like a tp2 instead?" i was like hell yeah. She said they were on back order, but should be in stock in a few days. In the meantime she ordered me a replacement tp1.

From here on out, I will NEVER go back into a corporate sprint store. i will only deal with 3rd party stores. If you have a legitament complaint, i would suggest a 3rd party repair center. I give this one two thumbs up.
Got my call this morning. i already picked up a third refurb tp1, this one works great sofar. The lady at the 3rd party store still INSISTED that i get the tp2. She said it will be in tomorrow. i hope it is a NIB, but either way, it's a tp2!

Just to recap. Go to the 3rd party stores, if available. And the tp2's are still out there.
Old 11-03-2009, 12:22 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G

abrigham is becoming a PPCGeeks regularabrigham is becoming a PPCGeeks regularabrigham is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via AIM to abrigham Send a message via Yahoo to abrigham Send a message via Skype™ to abrigham

Quote:
Originally Posted by xxxjdoggxxx View Post
For those of you that are using the online advanced exchange have you been getting a refurb tp1 or a nib tp1? The Replacement Phone Model shows up as "UTStarcom Touch Pro". Does that mean nib or is there a possibility of a refurb? I used the advanced exchange in January to get the tp i have now and it was nib. I believe it said "UTStarcom Touch Pro" back then but I am not sure. If there is a chance of a refurb I may have to just drive 30 miles to the closest Sprint store and try for a tp2.
Usually, if its going to be NIB, it will say something like "customer kit" in with the description. At least, that's how I remember it when I got my TP back in Jan/Feb thru the AE form.
Old 11-03-2009, 12:49 PM
WHAT CAN YOU DO WITH 4G?!
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy SII Epic 4G Touch
Carrier: The non-4G 4G'ers (Sprint)

radar369 is a VIPradar369 is a VIPradar369 is a VIPradar369 is a VIPradar369 is a VIPradar369 is a VIPradar369 is a VIPradar369 is a VIPradar369 is a VIPradar369 is a VIPradar369 is a VIP
Send a message via AIM to radar369 Send a message via Yahoo to radar369 Send a message via Skype™ to radar369

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzzy Wuzzy
Yeah the workers in the Northville store are EXTREMELY helpful and whatnot, really awesome employees.

And yes, guys, my phone did have legitimate problems.

and thanks Radar for suggesting I go there!
No problem! Just trying to help! Truthfully once I notice that it is dependent on the store and not the list I got discouraged and stopped for a while! Then I went in just trying to get a TP that worked and was gonna be happy with that!

It all worked out for the better!
Old 11-03-2009, 12:54 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

djstone86 is becoming a great contributor

Any success in NYC area? My keyboard is now getting bad and my gps doesnt work. At all.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro