PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-24-2009, 11:07 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G
Carrier: Sprint

letsgoflyers81 is keeping up the good workletsgoflyers81 is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to letsgoflyers81
Re: Sprint replacing Touch Pro with Touch Pro 2!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ParaSURFore View Post
I called up my boys at my local sprint store and they were happy to help me out b/c ive had 7 TPs already. When they looked up the TP2 they said it was OOS. Do you guys think itll be back in stock anytime soon? Ive seen this thread light up so Im just wondering if anyone knows
The TP2 seems to come back into stock and then disappears very quickly. Whether they're genuinely running out or just limiting the number they give away, one can only guess. I was able to get mine ordered because I saw a post in this thread yesterday morning that someone else was able to get one. I'd advise to check the thread often and call the Sprint store to have them check the status regularly. Good luck!
Old 10-24-2009, 12:12 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Sprint Touch Pro

Radiohawk is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by Radiohawk View Post
Mine was done all over the phone... the manager didn't give me the e-ticket #, just a warehouse order #... and she's having it shipped to her store for me to exchange there... is there a way thru Sprint's website to confirm that the # she gave me is actually an order with my name on it?
bump

Any ideas how I can use the warehouse # I was given?
Old 10-24-2009, 12:20 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch PRO

MrPants20 is a n00b
Send a message via ICQ to MrPants20

Quote:
Originally Posted by ParaSURFore View Post
I called up my boys at my local sprint store and they were happy to help me out b/c ive had 7 TPs already. When they looked up the TP2 they said it was OOS. Do you guys think itll be back in stock anytime soon? Ive seen this thread light up so Im just wondering if anyone knows
Yeah, I called yesterday and they had the TP2 available... I go in today and they are gone... TP1 #4.5 on the way....
Old 10-24-2009, 02:56 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: EVO
Carrier: Sprint - SERO

Alpine- is keeping up the good workAlpine- is keeping up the good work

I have some defects that make my TP1 exchangeable. However, I'm willing to wait it out in order to potentially get a TP2.

The question I have is what evidence is there that Sprint is officially replacing all TP with TP2 now? If their is an inventory lag in the refurb'd TP I can see it being temporary but not standard procedure. The TP2 is brand new and the TP is not that old. I doubt supplies have dried up this quickly.

I have tried to check on the status of a TEP replacement twice now in the last 7 days. Once online via corp.(online advanced exchange) and once at a brick and mortar service/repair store. In both cases, the replacement is still a TP1 and not a TP2 so I passed. I dont know if the window of opportunity has come and gone or if this is just a lot of fuss over one or two reports. As far as I can tell it is not Sprint Policy to replace TP with the TP2. In addition, it seems a stretch that even Asurion is doing it. I just dont see TP inventory being gone already.

I'll keep checking but so far no luck. Any suggestions?

Last edited by Alpine-; 10-24-2009 at 03:00 PM.
Old 10-24-2009, 03:10 PM
Lurker

MrPants20 is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alpine- View Post
As far as I can tell it is not Sprint Policy to replace TP with the TP2. In addition, it seems a stretch that even Asurion is doing it. I just dont see TP inventory being gone already.
That is not the case. They are giving the TP2 as one of a few options. This is because the TP1 is the most serviced device Sprint currently carries. It is serviced at least twice as much as their next most serviced device. This is why they are giving TP2 since it is a comparable device, not because the TP1 inventory is gone.
Old 10-24-2009, 03:34 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: EVO
Carrier: Sprint - SERO

Alpine- is keeping up the good workAlpine- is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrPants20 View Post
That is not the case. They are giving the TP2 as one of a few options. This is because the TP1 is the most serviced device Sprint currently carries. It is serviced at least twice as much as their next most serviced device. This is why they are giving TP2 since it is a comparable device, not because the TP1 inventory is gone.
I just tried again. I got all the way to the tech who started the advanced exchange process over the phone. He said they ONLY do a TEP exchange for the same model when it is available. In this case, the TP is available and he said its unlikely it would be out of stock. He said the only way I could get a TP2 is if the TP was out of stock (which is doesn't appear to be). You don't get "other options" beyond the WEL list and the TP2 is not universally included on this list (only models lick the Treo Pro, Snap, etc). Some people may have got a TP2 but it doesnt appear to be a standard option for available devices.

If you're lucky enough to get a tech who feels like you deserve a TP2 because it is less likely to be defective than a TP I guess this would work out fine. Otherwise, its luck of the draw. We have NO leverage to try and force a TP2 replacement. Citing the fact that the TP has a high incidence of repair might help but it still seems to be that it is at the discretion of the tech doing the advanced exchange. They would be going outside of standard procedure in getting you a TP2. The TP2 is NOT one of the "comparable" devices listed on the WEL list for TEP exchanges. I think this is a case of a regional memo and 1-2 people getting a TP2 snow balling here on PPCGeeks. It is not that easy but still possible. DO NOT expect every TP TEP exchange to get replaced with a TP2 - this is NOT the new policy as some in this thread may have you believe.

Last edited by Alpine-; 10-24-2009 at 03:56 PM.
Old 10-24-2009, 04:12 PM
Lurker

MrPants20 is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alpine- View Post
I just tried again. I got all the way to the tech who started the advanced exchange process over the phone. He said they ONLY do a TEP exchange for the same model when it is available. In this case, the TP is available and he said its unlikely it would be out of stock. He said the only way I could get a TP2 is if the TP was out of stock (which is doesn't appear to be). You don't get "other options" beyond the WEL list and the TP2 is not universally included on this list (only models lick the Treo Pro, Snap, etc). Some people may have got a TP2 but it doesnt appear to be a standard option for available devices.

If you're lucky enough to get a tech who feels like you deserve a TP2 because it is less likely to be defective than a TP I guess this would work out fine. Otherwise, its luck of the draw. We have NO leverage to try and force a TP2 replacement. Citing the fact that the TP has a high incidence of repair might help but it still seems to be that it is at the discretion of the tech doing the advanced exchange. They would be going outside of standard procedure in getting you a TP2. The TP2 is NOT one of the "comparable" devices listed on the WEL list for TEP exchanges. I think this is a case of a regional memo and 1-2 people getting a TP2 snow balling here on PPCGeeks. It is not that easy but still possible. DO NOT expect every TP TEP exchange to get replaced with a TP2 - this is NOT the new policy as some in this thread may have you believe.
I was personally told I the TP2 was one of the options when in stock
Old 10-24-2009, 04:28 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: htc evo
Carrier: sprint

havoc911 is a n00b

I took my TP in today 10/24/2009.

1 key board was working when it wanted to.
2 half of screen was black when on landscape mode.
3 iternet problem reports.
4 battry heats up.
5 3rd timed i had to replace this phone.

One hour later the final report is "CUSTOMER ELIGEABLE FOR AN UPGRADE TP2 DUE TO TO MANY REPLACEMETS" I WILL BE GETTING A TP2 NEXT WEEK!
I hope this helps someone else...out with the old in with the new...holler!
Old 10-24-2009, 04:40 PM
Lurker

MrPants20 is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by havoc911 View Post
I took my TP in today 10/24/2009.

1 key board was working when it wanted to.
2 half of screen was black when on landscape mode.
3 iternet problem reports.
4 battry heats up.
5 3rd timed i had to replace this phone.

One hour later the final report is "CUSTOMER ELIGEABLE FOR AN UPGRADE TP2 DUE TO TO MANY REPLACEMETS" I WILL BE GETTING A TP2 NEXT WEEK!
I hope this helps someone else...out with the old in with the new...holler!
Damn I literally went in this morning and they are sending me another TP1.... They said OOS on the TP2... Where in Ohio?
Old 10-24-2009, 04:45 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G and to the curb I kicked, WINMO

shatner is keeping up the good workshatner is keeping up the good work

yeah I dont get it, I think they are ordering out of new store stock, unless different regions use different warehouses, unknown to the reps. This is silliness.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro