PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Touch Pro (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=63)
-   -   Sprint replacing Touch Pro with Touch Pro 2! (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=89583)

homamk 10-12-2009 09:46 PM

Re: Sprint replacing Touch Pro with Touch Pro 2!

Quote:

Originally Posted by letsgoflyers81 (Post 1232969)
My wife and I tried three stores in Philadelphia suburbs and I didn't have any luck. The best luck was one that my wife went to one and the TP2 was on the list of replacements but when the tech tried to select it, the system said it was back ordered. By the time I got to the store a few hours later the TP2 wasn't even showing as a valid replacement anymore. The tech guessed that maybe Sprint only authorized x number of each model (BB Tour, Curve, Treo Pro, etc) as a replacement for the TP and we've exhausted the TP2's. He said he'll keep trying for us, he understood what we were trying, but was cool about it. I'm worried we might have missed the window.

oh i reallllly hope thats not the case. if sprint found out that there is just too many people trying to get the touch pro 2 and pulled it out as a replacement, THAT WOULD SUCK! cause i tried again this MORNING and they were out of stock, and told me to try again, im afrid ima call tomrow and theyll say oh thats not an option anymore.
i really hope this works out, to me it seems like its too good to be true. never thought sprint would do soemthing like this. oh well ill keep trying until it works or it cant be done and i guess than ill stick to my touch pro replacement :(

gxip 10-12-2009 09:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WisdomWolfX (Post 1228126)
Success! I went into my repair center in Charlotte, NC. I told them I was having keyboard issues again (this is my third touch pro) and they recognized me as having had trouble before. I sat down and the first thing the guy said was that they could give me a treo pro or a snap. I said no, neither of those phones will work for me. I told him I was told that a Touch Pro2 would be a comparable replacement when I called and talked to someone. At first he told me that there was no way they could do that because they didn't have it yet. I asked him to order it.

I sat there for about five minutes and he asked someone else something and then asked what my address was. He printed out a receipt and said that he had ordered me a Touch Pro2 and it would be at my house next week. Now I just have to wait.

The best part? They never even looked at my phone.

Nice, wish I had the same luck. Went in with my refurbished phone (stock) keeps locking up and wasn't receiving any calls. The tech told me there was nothing he could do about the phone that it seemed to be working now. I explained about the issues I was having before and how I'm having them now with this refurbished that I got 3 days ago. Then told him about the memo and he told me the most he could do was exchange it for an htc snap.
I proceeded to tell him about the touch pro 2 and how I would prefer a phone of equal or greater quality. Then I was denied. I was given back my phone, I left the store, and then spent 2 1/2 hours talking to 4 CSRs to fix the incoming calls issue. Again I decided to ask about the touch pro 2 but I was told that it was impossible that that was just an offer in may (what!?).
I'm going to keep trying whenever issues appear on the phone even if it means getting more refurbs TPs. Anyone from PR with any luck?

ott 10-12-2009 09:50 PM

Sprint probably won't take this off as an option. I don't think they can to be honest. I can see why they are doing it and if they are wanting to proactively get people out of the TP due to repair costs then they aren't going to offer just BB's and the Treo Pro, I mean they are probably obligated to offer the TP2 and they can't take it back once they've put it out their. It just won't fly. I mean how many people on this site alone have been "promised" a TP2 and had notes on their account to get a TP2 when they become available!!? If they pull it then they will have a HUGE mess on their hands with these situations... So I wouldn't sweat it, just try and be patient, and I know it's hard, but it will come. It may take a few weeks to completely pan out but it will come.

TheLovatScout 10-12-2009 10:05 PM

I will try again on Wednesday (but its likely I will try tomorrow since I'm so damn eager...)

i360 10-12-2009 10:10 PM

Well I dropped off my TP tonight and had it replaced with a TP2. Its a shame that there are so many different stories taking place here. Mine was ordered early Saturday afternoon and was expecting it Tuesday, but my Sprint store sent me a text telling me its in the house. I did get to play with a Hero while I was waiting for them to set my phone up. The Hero is a very nice looking phone and has a nice setup going for it. Although I was more impressed with the Palm Pre video I was watching which showed some serious multitasking with a screen to switch processes.

Anyway, yeah go to the ASC (one with a repair center) to get the hookup. Don't bother with the phone cause they don't seem to care. Make sure the person helping you in store is not a d*ck. Be nice and let them know the other devices aren't an option, and neither is a replacement TP.

For the record my TP did have issues. It would lock up at times, overheated a lot and the chrome was cracked by the arrow key. They couldn't deny the overheating since my back cover turned color from all the heat. And the TP 2 is BNIB... Box included....

Sprint is back on my good side for addressing my concerns.

rushco 10-12-2009 10:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by p0fell0w (Post 1231985)
are the blackberry tours any good? b/c when the lady told me they were out of stock of TP2 i said just do the tour.. if they aint any good ill just tell her to send it back and order me a tp2

Have fun trying to do that. You don't get 30 days with the tour.

ott 10-12-2009 10:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rushco (Post 1233104)
Have fun trying to do that. You don't get 30 days with the tour.

word. the tour is a really good phone tho, its very stable and much faster than the curve. but either way, its a BB. the hero is sick tho! all i know is, yes some people have successfully been swapped into TP2's, but right now their OOS. not backordered, but OOS. so your luck of getting a TP2 is minimal if at all right now, just give it some time, give it a couple weeks. but i recommend going to the service centers tho, they can do more with you and are smarter than they tech support people, tech support = jerk, jerk, splurg!

CuzinBucksBx 10-12-2009 10:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by i360 (Post 1233087)
Well I dropped off my TP tonight and had it replaced with a TP2. Its a shame that there are so many different stories taking place here. Mine was ordered early Saturday afternoon and was expecting it Tuesday, but my Sprint store sent me a text telling me its in the house. I did get to play with a Hero while I was waiting for them to set my phone up. The Hero is a very nice looking phone and has a nice setup going for it. Although I was more impressed with the Palm Pre video I was watching which showed some serious multitasking with a screen to switch processes.

Anyway, yeah go to the ASC (one with a repair center) to get the hookup. Don't bother with the phone cause they don't seem to care. Make sure the person helping you in store is not a d*ck. Be nice and let them know the other devices aren't an option, and neither is a replacement TP.

For the record my TP did have issues. It would lock up at times, overheated a lot and the chrome was cracked by the arrow key. They couldn't deny the overheating since my back cover turned color from all the heat. And the TP 2 is BNIB... Box included....

Sprint is back on my good side for addressing my concerns.

You are so true! I have a great rep @ a ACS and on Oct 17th ( NYC ) I am going to get my TP2. Brand New Spanking one.

[sammich] 10-12-2009 11:04 PM

Everyone, please relax! Please refrain from swearing, name calling, hitting, knifing, sniping, food throwing, etc.

You know what I like to watch when things get a bit wild in threads like these? THIS video! *hint hint*

:) Consider this a friendly warning
-Saumaun

CuzinBucksBx 10-12-2009 11:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ⌥ saumaun ☢ (Post 1233232)
Everyone, please relax! Please refrain from swearing, name calling, hitting, knifing, sniping, food throwing, etc.

You know what I like to watch when things get a bit wild in threads like these? THIS video! *hint hint*

:) Consider this a friendly warning
-Saumaun

LOL @ RESPECT! Damn not even food throwing..Damn!!!

SporkLover 10-12-2009 11:15 PM

Well..... no luck still. I'll keep hawking over this thread.... I'll have to wait till more TP2's are in circulation.

Strange thing.... when the TP2 was an up and coming phone I had no interest in buying it. I even stated it a few times.

I started having issues with my Second TP, keyboard, charging, etc..... and then this memo is posted. It seems like the answer to my phones rapid descent into unreliability.

bjtech 10-12-2009 11:20 PM

I picked up my TP2 tonight after taking my 4th TP in for non-functioning hard buttons on Thursday. The TP2 is NEW and does not show a Refurb status. However, it was packaged like a refurb and did not come in the retail box with any accessories or manual. Is everyone who thinks they are getting a refurb actually checking the phone or just assuming it's a refurb because of packaging?

SporkLover 10-12-2009 11:25 PM

Some of the TP2 Subforum folks are saying you are actually getting New TP2s that were returned within the 30 day window, but could not be sold as new.

subzero101 10-12-2009 11:25 PM

Has anyone had any luck in Southern California? also is ACS consider a repair center ?

Scientific 10-12-2009 11:28 PM

It's ASC...Authorized Service Center

Cyorke 10-12-2009 11:28 PM

SO I had to go pick up my replacement TP from the corp store tonight. I get there and a young guy is helping me out. SInce the touch screen was not working it was a paint clear the memory on the phone and I wnated to make sure it ws clear before giving them the phone. so he is messig with it and the phone rings, noone else answers so he does. just listening to the kid the person on the ohter end of the call is trying to get info about replacing a phone. The kid says something about WEL's and it is up to the tech as to wether the phone is replaced or repaired and what it is replaced with. THen the guy says they are a corporate store. Then at the very end there is something said about the TP in the conversation.

I pull out my print out of the page that was posted and ask if that is what the person on the other line was talking about. He just said he can not comment on it. I tried to make small talk while he was getting everything switched over on my phone and all. During the course of the conversation something was mentioned about third party stores and things like that. He said it was up to the store manager at he third party store as to what can be done and blah blah blah.

So in the end it appears the Sprint stores are familiar with this but they dont seem to be involved in it.
By the way if you were calling the Cool Springs store tonight you should try another location that is not a corporate store. I know of the sprint store in Spring HIll is a third party retailer and repair facility. I think there is one in Maryland Farms also, Wireless direct or absolute wireless maybe. I used to take my Nextels there all the time.

takimaki 10-12-2009 11:59 PM

How about the Samsung Intrepid? Is this something we would be able to exchange broken TP1's for?

ott 10-13-2009 12:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by takimaki (Post 1233407)
How about the Samsung Intrepid? Is this something we would be able to exchange broken TP1's for?

nope, sorry bruh

subzero101 10-13-2009 12:05 AM

Im sorry how can you tell the difference between a corp. and a 3rd party store? Im just tired of my TP always messing up and getting the same BS (hard reset, part replacements) "here you go your phone is working now" I've had 4 replacements so far...

CuzinBucksBx 10-13-2009 12:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by subzero101 (Post 1233427)
Im sorry how can you tell the difference between a corp. and a 3rd party store? Im just tired of my TP always messing up and getting the same BS (hard reset, part replacements) "here you go your phone is working now" I've had 4 replacements so far...

When you search a location on Sprint.com there could be a store make "Sprint Bucks Wireless Inc." then a corp store it just "Sprint Store"

nate.spangler 10-13-2009 12:11 AM

Quote:

not sure if its this way with all of them, but when i was calling customer service she said "there is a 3rd party store, Wireless Toyz, right down the street" so with that I'd have to assume that they wouldn't have a sprint sign, it would be some other company

when i called my local repair center and had a guy order my tp2, he told me not to feel bad because I'm on my 4th and that the average user is on their 19th!

somehow... i don't believe that!

rootlinux 10-13-2009 12:19 AM

Still on my first tp but it does act flaky at times.

SporkLover 10-13-2009 12:30 AM

Quote:

http://webpages.charter.net/sporklover/Sprint.jpg

skeptikal 10-13-2009 12:30 AM

I realize we shouldn't have to, but has anyone tried asurion? I went part of the way thru the claim process online and they offered a ut starcom 6850 so I declined it. But I wonder if I call them they might consider a new tp2 for replacement since sprint is doing what they are. I think for my actual issues tho asurion will want sprint to replace it as it is not lost/stolen, water damage, or otherwise accidental damage. When I put my actual issue(keyboard/overheating) into the asurion claim site they redirected me to a sprint repair center that no longer exists here....at any rate I am supposed to recieve a call from my ts rep tomorrow when she gets in to see if any are in stock...i get the feeling for some reason I will probably hear they are OOS...if I hear anything at all....Not sure what keeps giving me that feeling... :)

haythammohamed1 10-13-2009 12:30 AM

anyone is Sacramento California have any luck????? ](*,)](*,)](*,)](*,)

bjtech 10-13-2009 12:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SporkLover (Post 1233302)
Some of the TP2 Subforum folks are saying you are actually getting New TP2s that were returned within the 30 day window, but could not be sold as new.

Mine showed all signs of being new including 1 call (test call I made) in the life of the phone. Are people saying that for Refurb Status, their phone says "yes" or just assuming they are refurbs?

Spiderman313 10-13-2009 12:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nate.spangler (Post 1233440)
not sure if its this way with all of them, but when i was calling customer service she said "there is a 3rd party store, Wireless Toyz, right down the street" so with that I'd have to assume that they wouldn't have a sprint sign, it would be some other company

when i called my local repair center and had a guy order my tp2, he told me not to feel bad because I'm on my 4th and that the average user is on their 19th!

somehow... i don't believe that!

Thats where I'm going in the morning. Which one did you call? Im going to the one on Van Dyke and 12 mile.

nate.spangler 10-13-2009 12:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Spiderman313 (Post 1233495)
Thats where I'm going in the morning. Which one did you call? Im going to the one on Van Dyke and 12 mile.

i didn't end up going to wireless toyz, since i knew some of the people who work there (and are not fond of them). my 2 closest real sprint stores were either Pontiac or White Lake.

id just start calling every one and say that you called a different store and they told you that they weren't replacing tp1s anymore and were moving people to different devices and that your store is much more convenient for me and would like to know my options. thats all i told him and he asked for my number and what phone i wanted and said it would be their in a few days for me to pick up

Cyorke 10-13-2009 12:52 AM

One thing about reman units to think about. I only say this because I work for an auto manufacturer and this is our process for remanufactured oudio units. When a new vehicle is released there are no "reman" audio units available. however if a customer needs their audio unit replaced for some reason they can contact our audio vendor and get a reman unit. What they are actually getting is a new unit marked as a reman. The vendor has to have "seed" units to start the reman process. so in effect we have brand new units in a box that says reman. THen the used unit is sent back and we now have a reman unit. I am not saying this is for sure how Sprint/HTC goes about it but it is always a possibility.

rushco 10-13-2009 01:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cyorke (Post 1233524)
One thing about reman units to think about. I only say this because I work for an auto manufacturer and this is our process for remanufactured oudio units. When a new vehicle is released there are no "reman" audio units available. however if a customer needs their audio unit replaced for some reason they can contact our audio vendor and get a reman unit. What they are actually getting is a new unit marked as a reman. The vendor has to have "seed" units to start the reman process. so in effect we have brand new units in a box that says reman. THen the used unit is sent back and we now have a reman unit. I am not saying this is for sure how Sprint/HTC goes about it but it is always a possibility.

You can always check on the phone if it is new or not.

skeptikal 10-13-2009 01:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cyorke (Post 1233524)

Sounds perfectly plausible to me....I kind of hope that is not the case tho because all of us who are on hold for a restock will have to wait for actual refurbs

djpaul 10-13-2009 01:21 AM

Update.
1-1/2hr ago called to Sprint store and got a news that my new TP2 is in.
Wow. On Saturday I requested for replacement and today I am proud owner of new TP2. Techs were very surprised because they have tried to place an order for some for their needs and also showroom and were told that there is a back order on TP2's.
Praise God I've got mine in time. (Besides good timing too - I got 15 complains that people tried to reach me today and it went straight into voice mail.)

shatner 10-13-2009 01:23 AM

went to Cool Springs store tonight, my screen stopped working today, they repaired it on site. Didnt even mention the TP2 or give and option to talk about the phone other than to take it and give it to the repair guy. Turns out he had a TP and knew what to do. even tighted up the slider. Oh well, it looked like the Hero was a much nicer phone then WM6 and I would rather wait, save for a miracle or another chrome crack, for the top of the line phone in 18 months then jump all over this TP2 with too much effort. I do kinda like the smallness of the TP.

uRwUrStNiTeMaR3 10-13-2009 01:41 AM

so i got to a corporate sprint store today and i could tell they hated me from the moment i walked in. i complained about my keyboard sometimes not working and my phone overheating like crazy when i charge it (both of which are true). i told them about sprint's new policy and they said theyve never heard about it. i showed them print outs and they said the "well" list had been photoshopped and the policy was just from some "forum" which was fake. they said they do not even have touch pro 2s for the customers who wana buy them. now i think this is a whole lot of bs. i have to try another store tomorrow.

any help? IDEAS?? THINGS TO SAYY??

and btw do u need insurance of warranty or both? and what should we say when they ask where we got these documents? thanks in advance.

erick10 10-13-2009 01:48 AM

So guys, do 3rd party Sprint Stores fix phones? Im asking because there is a store that says they repair phones but its not a corporate store. The dudes are cool since Ive been their before to get a Nextel Line. They speak spanish and you know, compas are always cool specially if the manager is mexican. I will try tomorrow but I hope they dont ship me off to a corporate store cuz where I live they r full of it.:violent2:

Skelator03 10-13-2009 01:52 AM

How many times does this need to be posted for everyone GO TO THE THIRD PARTY STORES!!!!!! people arent posting pictures of it just for fun read a little bit of whats going on in here first and then see whats working for everyone else

THINGS WE KNOW!
1. You dont need the memo in hand but for some it helped.
2. You can generally just call in to the store lots of reports on that (thats what i did)
3. Needs to be a third party ASC seems to be easier corporate stores arent helping many
4. It took me 5 stores and 3 days and about 5 CS calls and still had to keep trying so dont get discouraged you can make it happen
5. You dont have to have insurance but it seems to make life go a heck of a lot smoother for you
6. Cant get the Pre or the Hero but all other phones are pretty much game

rootlinux 10-13-2009 01:56 AM

Been looking at the Hero and I must say the videos walk all over the TP2 IMO but they are just videos and I have not seen one yet.

If mine breaks I may try for a TP2 but if not I may hold out and upgrade to a Hero. :)

ditbu13oi 10-13-2009 01:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by haythammohamed1 (Post 1233492)
anyone is Sacramento California have any luck????? ](*,)](*,)](*,)](*,)

Haven't tried yet. Have you? My TP is actually working fine as of now... but I feel something is up with it...

rootlinux 10-13-2009 01:59 AM

Quote:

I feel something is up with it...
LMAO
So, is it working fine or what?

ditbu13oi 10-13-2009 02:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aznmode (Post 1231831)
I just went to a Sprint Repair Store on Stevens Creek Rd. in San Jose, CA and they said they got the memo but the list of phones are, Palm Pro, HTC Snap, or the same Touch Pro. WTF? If I try to call Sprint they say I've had my phone replaced too many times and have to take it to a store for an exchange.

Yeah I got the same message. The chick said that I would get a HTC Snap also.