PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-22-2009, 01:02 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

cmgj is keeping up the good workcmgj is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Sprint replacing Touch Pro with Touch Pro 2!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kazanjig View Post
Touch Pro: touchscreen, VGA (640x480), WinMo Pro, slideout KB, faster processor, more memory

Snap: No touchscreen, QVGA screen (320x240), WinMo Standard, no slideout KB, processor/memory less

Treo Pro: QVGA (320x240), WinMo Standard, no slideout KB, processor/memory less

Princeton's WordNet defines comparable as "conforming in every respect." These phones certainly are not comparable to the Touch Pro.

Locked and loaded.
There ya go!

If I Helped you, Press Thanks!-------------|
Old 10-22-2009, 01:11 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch PRO

tonymontana2367 is keeping up the good worktonymontana2367 is keeping up the good worktonymontana2367 is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilflip21 View Post
Wow I can't believe this worked... spent about 2-3 hrs total for me to get this done at my sprint store.. Rochester,MN.. first i flashed back to stock then deleted some keyboard registry keys so my keyboard didnt not function then went in and said I had kybd issues and had been on phone for 2 hours with multiple sprint techs they told me to bring it in and swap it out (lie) they said "they would have to look at it comeback in 30-45 mins.. " came back knowing if they hard reset kybd would work but oh well i said it was intermittent anyways.. came back they never even hard reset and said they "had ordered me a replacement tp..." I said whoa slow down.. then this was first time I mentioned anything about other phones and said tech on phone told me I would be able to choose from list.. he said oh u know about that they shouldn't of told u that but ill pull up the list.. he then offered me every other phone bb tour, snap, anything else but not tp2... so i said i really want a touch screen, win mobile, and sliding kybd.. hmm he says.. "then u want another tp.." i said no too many issues.. I think tech on phone said I would be able to get a tp2 mailed out.. " oh, they really shouldn't of told u that let me call my head tech/sup" bout 10 mins later and more sales pitches about blackberry they said they had ordered me a tp2 it would be here on tuesday... came home reflashed nrgz rom and ill wait for my new tp2 on tuesday.. thanks again.. my advice play dumb and drop info as needed and be persitant
a true con-artist. funny read though!
Old 10-22-2009, 01:25 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

tonymontana2367 is keeping up the good worktonymontana2367 is keeping up the good worktonymontana2367 is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by TreyBeno View Post
i think Im just gonna buy one and not try any scams.
what a homo
Old 10-22-2009, 01:41 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G

letsgoflyers81 is keeping up the good workletsgoflyers81 is keeping up the good work
Send a message via AIM to letsgoflyers81

Well this is interesting... My wife and I brought our Touch Pros in last Monday and it was just when the TP2 was disappearing from the WEL for some people. It wasn't available for us but the tech kept our tickets open and has been checking to see if it becomes available so he can order them for us. It turns out yesterday our tickets disappeared from his system. He had no record of my wife or me, every trace was gone. He's been really cool about it from the beginning and has told us flat out that if the TP2 becomes available he'll order them for us, he has no issue with that, so I don't think he's lying about it. He has our info and we're calling every few days to see what's going on, but I wonder if Sprint is trying to cancel people's orders because they got a lot more tickets for TP2s than they counted on.
Old 10-22-2009, 02:17 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: TP2

tallblazer124 is becoming a great contributor

On Tuesday I went to the sprint store because my phone would not accept any charge from any car chargers and it would occasionally overheat. The technician then came out said he could order me a refurbish TP. I complained and I asked them about the wel list. They then informed me that is an option but the phones that are on the well list are the Palm Pro, blackberry, and the HTC snap. I told them I wouldn’t do that because that’s a downgrade from my touch pro. I went on to say what about the TP2 I herd that was on the Wel list. They referred me to the store manager who then came out and told me that TP2 is not on the well list. I pleaded with him and told him that this will be my 11th exchange of phone and I am getting frustrated. We then settle for him to order me a refurbish TP. He went to the back and got my phone and then he told me your phone should be here on Friday. He then blinked at me and said you might be surprised. I wonder when I go back to the store what will I have a TP or a TP2............... Well I just got back from the store and i was really suprised I was the first person from that store who recieved a TP2 as a replacement thanks to the wonderful infomation i recieved on here. Thanks a lot everyone. Looking forward to seeing everyone in the TP2 forums. So long TP1 and your glitchy keyboard.
Old 10-22-2009, 02:31 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

Yeah screw you TouchPro. You've wasted far too much of my life.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 10-22-2009, 02:34 PM
Regular 'Geeker

cmgj is keeping up the good workcmgj is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by tallblazer124 View Post
On Tuesday I went to the sprint store because my phone would not accept any charge from any car chargers and it would occasionally overheat. The technician then came out said he could order me a refurbish TP. I complained and I asked them about the wel list. They then informed me that is an option but the phones that are on the well list are the Palm Pro, blackberry, and the HTC snap. I told them I wouldn’t do that because that’s a downgrade from my touch pro. I went on to say what about the TP2 I herd that was on the Wel list. They referred me to the store manager who then came out and told me that TP2 is not on the well list. I pleaded with him and told him that this will be my 11th exchange of phone and I am getting frustrated. We then settle for him to order me a refurbish TP. He went to the back and got my phone and then he told me your phone should be here on Friday. He then blinked at me and said you might be surprised. I wonder when I go back to the store what will I have a TP or a TP2............... Well I just got back from the store and i was really suprised I was the first person from that store who recieved a TP2 as a replacement thanks to the wonderful infomation i recieved on here. Thanks a lot everyone. Looking forward to seeing everyone in the TP2 forums. So long TP1 and your glitchy keyboard.
Congrats!
Old 10-22-2009, 02:54 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2

bahayman is a n00b
Send a message via AIM to bahayman Send a message via Skype™ to bahayman

So on Monday I called Sprint and spoke to technical support about my keyboard on my Touch Pro not working. Being as I have already had 3 replacements I was not able to get another done on the phone so they advised me to go into a corporate store and get it replaced but they said it would be the store managers discretion whether or not to give me a Touch Pro2. So I told them I don't have the time to wait in the store for the technicians to look at the phone so are there any other options. So she said she would escalate the case and to expect a call back within 72 hours. Well 72 hours came and passed with no call back so I called them back and got a nice representative who apologized for what happened and said she would get me a Touch Pro2 sent out as a replacement. Well then she said she couldn't do it without her supervisors approval and that she would call me back when she gets it. So after I hung up I called right back and asked to speak to a supervisor who then read the previous representatives notes and said she would honor it and then proceeded to order me a Touch Pro2 with overnight shipping! But since its after the 2pm EST cutoff I probably wont get it until Monday..
Old 10-22-2009, 03:13 PM
N00b

ftc_osiris is becoming a great contributor

I am being told the TP2 is out of stock.

Anyone have better luck as of 3 PM EST
Old 10-22-2009, 03:27 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

solewoman is a n00b

i am taking ls everywhere i go. 3 stores...10 calls...still no luck. i have faith this time around because the sprint csr has been VERY helpful. and he was pissed after i received an e-ticket to grant me a tp2 and they denied it. (in store)...im praying things go better this afternoon...ive been phone less for days

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro