PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-20-2008, 02:39 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

cjmcneill is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
I have a Touch Pro with a Bad ESN

What can I do with a Touch Pro with a Bad ESN?
Old 11-20-2008, 02:50 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro/Touch Diamond/BlackBerry Tour 9630

basilray knows their stuffbasilray knows their stuffbasilray knows their stuffbasilray knows their stuffbasilray knows their stuffbasilray knows their stuffbasilray knows their stuff
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Re: I have a Touch Pro with a Bad ESN

Use it as a paperweight.

You may be able to sell it to someone overseas who can use it on a different carrier.
Old 11-20-2008, 02:50 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: ..
Carrier: ..

shadowmite is becoming a PPCGeeks regularshadowmite is becoming a PPCGeeks regularshadowmite is becoming a PPCGeeks regularshadowmite is becoming a PPCGeeks regularshadowmite is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Take it apart, use it as a hammer, use it for spare parts, activate on cricket, etc...
Old 11-20-2008, 02:51 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: EVO

rushco is halfway to VIP status based on reprushco is halfway to VIP status based on reprushco is halfway to VIP status based on reprushco is halfway to VIP status based on reprushco is halfway to VIP status based on reprushco is halfway to VIP status based on reprushco is halfway to VIP status based on reprushco is halfway to VIP status based on reprushco is halfway to VIP status based on reprushco is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Sell it on ebay.
Old 11-20-2008, 02:52 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

cjmcneill is a n00b

So you can activate it on a different CDMA network?
Old 11-20-2008, 02:53 PM
Big MVP Diesel
Pocket PC: TOUCH PRO 2

BigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation level
Send a message via AIM to BigDiesel07 Send a message via Skype™ to BigDiesel07

Why do you say you have a bad ESN? Did you get the phone from Sprint or did you buy it from a 3rd party?

I had an issue where the ESN on my Mogul came up on the Sprint computers as a Touch... I had to get the phone replaced with another Mogul... It ended up being Asurions fault... Is that your issue? Your ESN comes up as another phone?
Old 11-20-2008, 02:54 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: PPC6700, Treo 700wx, Touch Pro

CountryDevil is keeping up the good workCountryDevil is keeping up the good workCountryDevil is keeping up the good work

Um.. why would you not take it to Sprint to get it straightened out? How do you know it has a bad ESN?
Old 11-20-2008, 02:56 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

cjmcneill is a n00b

I bought it 3rd party and it says its linked to an account.. reported lost. I know it has a bad ESN because I called them.
Old 11-20-2008, 02:58 PM
Blabber mouth
Pocket PC: MoPho
Carrier: Sprint.... for now

cornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

probably because he bought it off e-bay from a person that stole it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cjmcneill View Post
I bought it 3rd party and it says its linked to an account.. reported lost. I know it has a bad ESN because I called them.
or that too but same difference. get your money back from the 3rd party not worth the hassle. If they give you stink tell them you will report them to the authorities for selling stolen merchandise.
Old 11-20-2008, 03:00 PM
Big MVP Diesel
Pocket PC: TOUCH PRO 2

BigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation level
Send a message via AIM to BigDiesel07 Send a message via Skype™ to BigDiesel07

Yeah... Go into a corporate Sprint store and explain your situation... Ask them if they could resolve the situation... Be polite and professional... It always helps... Ask them exactly why they say you have a bad ESN, and how the issue can be corrected... You never now, they might be able to help you out...
This post has been thanked 1 times.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro