PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-09-2009, 12:28 AM
ѕнρ ѕоfтшаяє
Pocket PC: EVO4G
Carrier: sprinт

Cicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Sprint is starting to really piss me off

Quote:
Originally Posted by uhohitzluke View Post
Damn, my phone's mic wasn't working too well if at all last week. I was waiting to find a day to replace it at a service center when I wasn't busy. Until today, my phone started to work fine lol. My TouchPro somehow is one of the better ones never really had a problem with it except chipping chrome. Must find a way to gain the microphone failure!!
Mine has had the keyboard issue once, but not much else, but my chipping chrome is BAD. I think the plastic molding is very poor or something because I have actual pieces of the plastic GONE by the bottom screw (right side of phone under "<-" back button), and when I look at the plastic, it's pitted. Seems to be a manufacturing error. I sent sprint an e-mail with pictures of the damage. We'll see what they say. :/

I actually will be fine with another TP1... I just don't like that my phone looks so ghetto and gets so hot all the time.

Here's a couple pics of what I'm talking about:

Unacceptable..
Old 10-09-2009, 12:57 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

Lord Delmar is keeping up the good workLord Delmar is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by lazydazed View Post
so what was wrong (if anything) with your phone?

My first Touch pro would not sync anymore. It always thought the TV cable was plugged into it. Got that exchanged with my current. My current one randomly changes between landscape and portrait or unside down versions of both, no matter its physical orientation. Its annoying to have to type an email or text message upside down...
Old 10-09-2009, 09:00 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: htc pro
Carrier: sprint

jdmcivicguy is a n00b

Has anyone returned their's without the insurance or warranty? If so, how difficult was it?
Old 10-09-2009, 09:04 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: htc touch pro
Carrier: sprint

ppclover2 is just getting started

crap i just swapped out my tp for another one cuz the keyboard stopped working!! i shoulda waited!! is there anything i can do to get a tp2 or do i have to wait until my POS tp breaks again???
Old 10-09-2009, 10:39 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Sprint TouchPro 2
Carrier: MetroPCS

S8perman is keeping up the good workS8perman is keeping up the good work
Send a message via AIM to S8perman

Just got off the phone with sprint..needless to say TP2 will be here on Tuesday.
Old 10-09-2009, 11:36 AM
ѕнρ ѕоfтшаяє

Cicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIP

Man you guys are lucky. I'm just trying to get a replacement Touch Pro and they're telling me I have to go to the repair center, where I'm sure they're just gonna tell me the phone is in proper working order, so it doesn't need replacement. (I know, I've done it before with a huge black blotch on my Vogue screen...they made me pay $50 through Asurion)

wtf...Sprint is so god damn unfair. I want to replace my TP with another TP (refurb is ok) but can't do it, and you guys are getting free TP2's...
Old 10-09-2009, 01:35 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

Lord Delmar is keeping up the good workLord Delmar is keeping up the good work

Cica,

Print out the pictures on the link I provided and take that printout with you to the sprint store. If you have a legitimate problem that cannot be solved by a tech, then they will replace it with a TP2. If you don't have a legit problem with your TP, or it can be fixed by a tech, then they won't do it because it is costing sprint money.

When I say legit problem, I mean something that is wrong with the phone but does NOT need an insurance claim. Software issues seem to be pretty typical of this phone, as well as the overheating and screen orientation issues (at least for me). My keyboard never went out on me and screen was always snappy. I just had bad luck with a port on my first TP and the accelerometer (sp?). Good luck to you getting your problems fixed.
Old 10-09-2009, 01:36 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: EVO/BOLD/Photon
Carrier: Sprint!

relisted is keeping up the good workrelisted is keeping up the good work
Send a message via AIM to relisted Send a message via Skype™ to relisted

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cicatrize View Post
Man you guys are lucky. I'm just trying to get a replacement Touch Pro and they're telling me I have to go to the repair center, where I'm sure they're just gonna tell me the phone is in proper working order, so it doesn't need replacement. (I know, I've done it before with a huge black blotch on my Vogue screen...they made me pay $50 through Asurion)

wtf...Sprint is so god damn unfair. I want to replace my TP with another TP (refurb is ok) but can't do it, and you guys are getting free TP2's...

call sprint. tel them some random problem is very spurratic. and your sick of this phone. you have no way to the sprint store till next week due to your car being fixed. ;D

If someone helps you,click the "THANKS" button!
Or consider donating to chef or your rom!
Old 10-09-2009, 01:37 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: EVO/BOLD/Photon
Carrier: Sprint!

relisted is keeping up the good workrelisted is keeping up the good work
Send a message via AIM to relisted Send a message via Skype™ to relisted

Quote:
Originally Posted by lazydazed View Post
so what was wrong (if anything) with your phone?
nothing. now im trying to make something happen then just having horrible sound quality from speaker phone
Old 10-09-2009, 01:43 PM
ѕнρ ѕоfтшаяє

Well, the keyboard has already been repaired on my device once, and so was the USB port. They can't duplicate the keyboard problem, because it doesn't happen often anymore, and they will not replace the phone because of the cracked plastic, even though it's an obvious manufacturer defect. I would think any manufacturer defect would be covered under warranty, regardless of whether or not it affects usage of the phone itself.

It's just stupid.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro