PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-03-2009, 11:51 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

vlore_77 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
problems after flashing the official sprint rom

After flashing the new sprint rom I have been experiencing problems with data connections and opera. opera always crashes when trying to go to ppcgeeks website for example and data refuses to connect when the phone is roaming. it says there is a problem connecting. I have simply everything plan on sprint by the way. is anybody else having any of these problems?
Old 10-04-2009, 11:48 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Evo Shift 4G

haus knows their stuffhaus knows their stuffhaus knows their stuffhaus knows their stuffhaus knows their stuffhaus knows their stuffhaus knows their stuff
Re: problems after flashing the official sprint rom

Opera crashing on ppcgeeks.com is a known issue. If you are having issues with data connection, I had this once, after I had flashed a bunch of ROMs...I had to call in to support and we eventually did a #RTN reset (complete hard reset in which the network re-provisions your data from their end) and it worked wonderfully. I have seen other solutions to the data issue posted here but for me the #786 (#RTN) reset was the only thing that worked.
Old 10-04-2009, 06:11 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

vlore_77 is a n00b

so can i just do a normal hard reset myself?
Old 10-05-2009, 10:37 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Evo Shift 4G

haus knows their stuffhaus knows their stuffhaus knows their stuffhaus knows their stuffhaus knows their stuffhaus knows their stuffhaus knows their stuff

I don't know if Sprint had to do anything on their end to tell the network to reprovision my phone after the #786 reset. But re-reading your message, I noticed you said data doesn't work while roaming. Does data work OK when you're in Sprint coverage? If so, it might not be anything wrong with your phone...maybe there's a problem with the new ROM or the PRL is preventing your phone from connecting. I've been in native Sprint coverage ever since flashing the new ROM so I haven't seen any issues connecting to data.

Might be best just to call Sprint and ask them about it.
Old 10-05-2009, 10:59 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: droid
Carrier: vzw

bigwally is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by vlore_77 View Post
After flashing the new sprint rom I have been experiencing problems with data connections and opera. opera always crashes when trying to go to ppcgeeks website for example and data refuses to connect when the phone is roaming. it says there is a problem connecting. I have simply everything plan on sprint by the way. is anybody else having any of these problems?
Have you checked your settings to make sure that data is enabled while roaming? Go to Settings>Phone>Services>Roaming, Get Settings... and check the Data roam guard section. Select Never ask and allow roaming and you should be able to connect to data while roaming.
Old 10-05-2009, 11:39 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

nomad_delta is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by vlore_77 View Post
I started having similar data connection trouble after flashing the new official sprint ROM as well. It says problem connecting or no data connection even when the data connection says it's connected. Sometimes soft-resetting will make it work again for a while, and then it starts failing again. I also have the sprint "everything" plan. The problem seems to have persisted even after I've flashed to a couple different ROMs after the Sprint official one... could have something to do with the radio (which gets flashed by the official sprint ROM but not by custom ROMs) I suppose but I haven't had time to mess with it much yet.

I'll let you know if I figure anything out after I've had a chance to do some more testing.

--nomad_delta
Old 10-05-2009, 01:21 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: TP
Carrier: Duh, think about it...

Talon Pro is becoming a PPCGeeks regularTalon Pro is becoming a PPCGeeks regularTalon Pro is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

My data problem is that it wont stay off. As soon as i turn it off, and click something that uses data, it turns it back on... even though im connected to wifi. It didnt do that before, I could leave the data connection off all weekend and just use the wifi at home, and it pretty much ignores that now...
Old 10-05-2009, 02:44 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

vlore_77 is a n00b

Now even when I am on Sprint only the e-mail doesn't update anymore. I hit sed/receive and right away it says finished but it never updates
Old 10-05-2009, 02:49 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

vlore_77 is a n00b

I also only get 2G (1x) service while roaming now.
Old 10-05-2009, 04:45 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC EVO/no root

jpwhre knows their stuffjpwhre knows their stuffjpwhre knows their stuffjpwhre knows their stuffjpwhre knows their stuffjpwhre knows their stuff
Send a message via AIM to jpwhre Send a message via MSN to jpwhre Send a message via Yahoo to jpwhre

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php I was getting opera crashes too on stock rom. But only when I urled ppcgeeks.com but let me in thru forum link.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro