PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Touch Pro (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=63)
-   -   USB Connection - Only Charges. No Sync/No Disk Detection. (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=89411)

Zlatko 10-07-2009 09:56 PM

USB Connection - Only Charges. No Sync/No Disk Detection.

Help me, please.

I have been having this problem now, and it is only getting worse.

No matter WHAT the settings are in the USB to PC in settings/connections tab are, my computer cannot access my phone as either:

-Activesync Device
or
-USB Disk Drive

No matter what i do, it doesn't recognize it..but, the kicker? It still charges the phone..

Has anyone had this, or is anyone currently having this issue? It's really starting to anger me.

shaggylive 10-07-2009 10:01 PM

Re: USB Connection - Only Charges. No Sync/No Disk Detection.

I assume you've rebooted both, tried different usb ports (preferably one never used for the phone before), and different cords.

Zlatko 10-07-2009 10:02 PM

Yes I have.

shaggylive 10-07-2009 10:03 PM

is it recognized in bootloader?

Zlatko 10-07-2009 10:29 PM

It does not seem to see the device during boot.

shaggylive 10-07-2009 10:59 PM

bootloader is different from boot
from pwr off; vol▼ + power
also have you another computer to try?
here's a good post with a very hand tool
http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showpost.p...93&postcount=7

jpwhre 10-08-2009 03:12 AM

It is your cord. I have one that does that. If I set the phone down, then plug in cord, sometimes it will active sync. If I bump the phone or brush against cord by mistake it is all over. Still charges though. Sucks when I am in middle of a rom flash thru cord and it happens.

ThreeFaces 10-08-2009 09:43 AM

I'm dealing with a similar issue. Were you previously using Quick Charge? Regardless, I've tested multiple cords, different PCs, and ran ALL of the normal troubleshooting ofr fixing ActievSync issues. Basically, the device stopped charging in the car...then when I docked it, ActiveSync wouldn't recognize it. I put the phone into bootloader and it will not switch from "serial" to "usb", so the only way to flash is via storage card, which works fine.

The device will only charge if connected using the HTC charger or connected to the PC.

I've read warnings of Quick Charge potentially damaging the USB, so I assumed that was the cause of the issue.

I'm going to relock and take in for repair. I even flashed Stock thinking it could be a driver issue, but nothing seems to do it. I'm feeling your pain, dude.

I'd recommend relocking. You'll want to get a card reader for your PC if you go this route, otherwise it's a bit of a pain to download everything to the device. There's a thread here with everything you need.

Good luck!

shaggylive 10-08-2009 01:05 PM

well, I've been running quickcharge since it came out. no problems.
granted, there could be some internal components that burn out on some phones, but I belive they's have the problem with or without fast charge, as the stock charger puts out just as much juice.

yes, typically it's just a cord issue, or a pc usb conflict. but there are many reports of the port just dieing in the phone. that's what TEP is for.

JAVIERBOND007 10-08-2009 02:53 PM

Anybody tried backing up and hard resetting to see if this will solve the problem?

Zlatko 10-08-2009 02:58 PM

I dont know if it's the cord. My friend's phone worked with his device..and it's the same phone.

shaggylive 10-08-2009 03:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zlatko (Post 1223235)
I dont know if it's the cord. My friend's phone worked with his device..and it's the same phone.

yup, sounds like the board went bad. (it's times like this when it helps to have your carrier info) if you've got insurance they should replace/fix it.

ThreeFaces 10-08-2009 03:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by shaggylive (Post 1222903)
well, I've been running quickcharge since it came out. no problems.
granted, there could be some internal components that burn out on some phones, but I belive they's have the problem with or without fast charge, as the stock charger puts out just as much juice.

yes, typically it's just a cord issue, or a pc usb conflict. but there are many reports of the port just dieing in the phone. that's what TEP is for.

Yea, I've never had the problem on other devices. I was at the point of reaching for anything that might be causing it, so I toggled Quick Charge on and off. When it came back on it posted a warnnig that it "could" potentially damage the USB port. So, I settled myself by thinking that was the issue that may have helped the port eventually stop functioning properly.

I've had all sorts of Active Sync connectivity issues before, but this is very unique.

Quote:

Originally Posted by JAVIERBOND007 (Post 1223217)
Anybody tried backing up and hard resetting to see if this will solve the problem?

Yes. I have an emergency storage card that's ready to get me back to stock and relocked in the event of a major problem [like the usb failing]. :) I went back to stock and hoped maybe it'd help and nothing.

The device no longer prompts to select what kind of connection you want to initiate when conneced [ active sync or data]. The PC will not access the device files at all.

...and the kciker is that it won't recognize the USB is plugged when I put it in bootloader...even though it's able to pull a charge from the PC when docked.

I have ins. coverage on the phone, so I'll either relock and take it in for repair...or hold out until I'm ready to replace the device entirely. I don't really *need* the usb port for anything.

wreckdiver 10-08-2009 10:40 PM

I'm having the exact same issues. I just noticed it today. I have put the new Sprint HTC update rom on. I wonder if that is the issue? I never had that problem until today. It wont read the disk. it wont ask how active sync or data. Plus once windows thought it recognized a new device. Then it went to install drivers then said the device was unrecognizable.

shaggylive 10-08-2009 11:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wreckdiver (Post 1224206)
Then it went to install drivers then said the device was unrecognizable.

that's the problem. try different usb ports, reboot computer, or clear the hidden usb devices in device manager.

wreckdiver 10-09-2009 06:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by shaggylive (Post 1224261)
that's the problem. try different usb ports, reboot computer, or clear the hidden usb devices in device manager.

I will give it a try.

Just seems odd that two of us have the same issues all of a sudden...

shaggylive 10-09-2009 11:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wreckdiver (Post 1224675)
I will give it a try.

Just seems odd that two of us have the same issues all of a sudden...

actually it's more common than you might think. it was one of the reasons I stopped using m$ office and activesync.

tpeazy 10-09-2009 12:16 PM

It is a very common problem that has happened to me also. the USB port just goes out. Flash back to stock and then relock and take in to Sprint (or whoever). Here is a link that can help you. It's not an activesync issue and not using MS Office or Activesync will not solve the problem...

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=61333

shaggylive 10-09-2009 12:40 PM

tpeazy, that's correct for the Op, but wreckdriver's seams to be software/driver related.