PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-07-2009, 07:24 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

m_reyna_16 is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
is this possible?

ive always wondered if such thing/program could exist...can there be a program that allows you to select any .nbh file and emulate it in your computer to see if there will be any errors when building a new rom? it can have such a purpose and it can even let you try out a new rom without having to upgrade it in your phone. for example, you are building a rom with a kitchen but want to see if a certain program will work, or if it will run fast. or lets say you want to try a rom by a certain chef, but dont want to flash your phone...this program will let you see what the rom has and how its customized.

what do you guys think?
Old 10-07-2009, 07:27 PM
Mobileunderground.info
Pocket PC: HD2
Carrier: T-Mobile

bikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the community
Send a message via AIM to bikeandestroyx Send a message via MSN to bikeandestroyx
Re: is this possible?

Quote:
Originally Posted by m_reyna_16 View Post
ive always wondered if such thing/program could exist...can there be a program that allows you to select any .nbh file and emulate it in your computer to see if there will be any errors when building a new rom? it can have such a purpose and it can even let you try out a new rom without having to upgrade it in your phone. for example, you are building a rom with a kitchen but want to see if a certain program will work, or if it will run fast. or lets say you want to try a rom by a certain chef, but dont want to flash your phone...this program will let you see what the rom has and how its customized.

what do you guys think?
Theres a wm6.5 emulator, not sure how well it works, but it would be a completly different experiance vs using it on your phone, cause computers are much more powerful.
Old 10-07-2009, 07:33 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Threadstarter

m_reyna_16 is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by bikeandestroyx View Post
Theres a wm6.5 emulator, not sure how well it works, but it would be a completly different experiance vs using it on your phone, cause computers are much more powerful.
wow, do you have a link? dont you think it would be a very helpfull app?
Old 03-04-2010, 08:09 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Epic 4G

chillywings is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by m_reyna_16 View Post

what do you guys think?
I would love such a thing. If someone finds one please let me know. I actually thought these were fairly common.. i mean i see videos of ppl running roms and clicking things with the mouse while theyre doing tutorials or w/e..
Old 03-04-2010, 08:36 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Sprint Touch Pro

Visor is becoming a great contributor

Not sure if this is what you want but look here:

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/d...displaylang=en
Old 03-19-2010, 10:43 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC TouchPro

Fred Doolie is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by chillywings View Post
i mean i see videos of ppl running roms and clicking things with the mouse while theyre doing tutorials or w/e..
I haven't seen these videos, but MyMobiler (an A+ utility!) pops up a remote-control window on your computer with your phone's screen, lets you do anything with the mouse/keyboard that you could do with the stylus and allows you to make screen captures and videos. Could that be what you are seeing in these tutorials?

This is a great utility. It helps old blind farts like me see the phone's screen about 50 times larger on my monitor. It's sloooow but it works! My phone sits in it's docking station when I'm at home and I do all the stuff through MyMobiler; especially texting and emails. With that running and the phone's "/" and "Storage Card" open in explorer windows through activesynch there's nothing you can't do!

Edit:
Well, you can't use your computer's headset to make calls. That'd be cool though. Can it be done some freeware way?

http://www.mymobiler.com/

Last edited by Fred Doolie; 03-21-2010 at 07:34 AM. Reason: I thought of something
Old 03-20-2010, 12:53 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro/Touch Diamond/BlackBerry Tour 9630

basilray knows their stuffbasilray knows their stuffbasilray knows their stuffbasilray knows their stuffbasilray knows their stuffbasilray knows their stuffbasilray knows their stuff
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

Not to be a negative Nancy, but I'm pretty sure the average Joe can't run a ROM in the 6.5 emulator.

Sounds like you are looking for MyMobiler as was suggested
Old 03-20-2010, 05:03 PM
WTF
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Verizon

WTF is a n00b

that dosent seem as if it would work whatsoever.
Old 03-21-2010, 01:02 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Sprint Touch Pro

Visor is becoming a great contributor

Um, MyMobiler only lets you see the rom installed on your phone. It doesn't do anything with .nhb files. It's not an emulator.
Old 03-21-2010, 01:21 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: At&t Fuze
Carrier: AT&T

Wil Badger is becoming a PPCGeeks regularWil Badger is becoming a PPCGeeks regularWil Badger is becoming a PPCGeeks regularWil Badger is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via ICQ to Wil Badger Send a message via AIM to Wil Badger Send a message via MSN to Wil Badger Send a message via Yahoo to Wil Badger

To answer the question no there is no emulator to just drop a ROM into to check it out for PC.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro