PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Touch Pro (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=63)
-   -   is this possible? (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=89378)

m_reyna_16 10-07-2009 07:24 PM

is this possible?

ive always wondered if such thing/program could exist...can there be a program that allows you to select any .nbh file and emulate it in your computer to see if there will be any errors when building a new rom? it can have such a purpose and it can even let you try out a new rom without having to upgrade it in your phone. for example, you are building a rom with a kitchen but want to see if a certain program will work, or if it will run fast. or lets say you want to try a rom by a certain chef, but dont want to flash your phone...this program will let you see what the rom has and how its customized.

what do you guys think?

bikeandestroyx 10-07-2009 07:27 PM

Re: is this possible?

Quote:

Originally Posted by m_reyna_16 (Post 1221068)
ive always wondered if such thing/program could exist...can there be a program that allows you to select any .nbh file and emulate it in your computer to see if there will be any errors when building a new rom? it can have such a purpose and it can even let you try out a new rom without having to upgrade it in your phone. for example, you are building a rom with a kitchen but want to see if a certain program will work, or if it will run fast. or lets say you want to try a rom by a certain chef, but dont want to flash your phone...this program will let you see what the rom has and how its customized.

what do you guys think?

Theres a wm6.5 emulator, not sure how well it works, but it would be a completly different experiance vs using it on your phone, cause computers are much more powerful.

m_reyna_16 10-07-2009 07:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bikeandestroyx (Post 1221075)
Theres a wm6.5 emulator, not sure how well it works, but it would be a completly different experiance vs using it on your phone, cause computers are much more powerful.

wow, do you have a link? dont you think it would be a very helpfull app?

chillywings 03-04-2010 08:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by m_reyna_16 (Post 1221068)

what do you guys think?

I would love such a thing. If someone finds one please let me know. I actually thought these were fairly common.. i mean i see videos of ppl running roms and clicking things with the mouse while theyre doing tutorials or w/e..

Visor 03-04-2010 08:36 PM

Not sure if this is what you want but look here:

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/d...displaylang=en

Fred Doolie 03-19-2010 10:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chillywings (Post 1607250)
i mean i see videos of ppl running roms and clicking things with the mouse while theyre doing tutorials or w/e..

I haven't seen these videos, but MyMobiler (an A+ utility!) pops up a remote-control window on your computer with your phone's screen, lets you do anything with the mouse/keyboard that you could do with the stylus and allows you to make screen captures and videos. Could that be what you are seeing in these tutorials?

This is a great utility. It helps old blind farts like me see the phone's screen about 50 times larger on my monitor. It's sloooow but it works! My phone sits in it's docking station when I'm at home and I do all the stuff through MyMobiler; especially texting and emails. With that running and the phone's "/" and "Storage Card" open in explorer windows through activesynch there's nothing you can't do!

Edit:
Well, you can't use your computer's headset to make calls. That'd be cool though. Can it be done some freeware way?

http://www.mymobiler.com/

basilray 03-20-2010 12:53 AM

Not to be a negative Nancy, but I'm pretty sure the average Joe can't run a ROM in the 6.5 emulator.

Sounds like you are looking for MyMobiler as was suggested

WTF 03-20-2010 05:03 PM

that dosent seem as if it would work whatsoever.

Visor 03-21-2010 01:02 PM

Um, MyMobiler only lets you see the rom installed on your phone. It doesn't do anything with .nhb files. It's not an emulator.

Wil Badger 03-21-2010 01:21 PM

To answer the question no there is no emulator to just drop a ROM into to check it out for PC.