PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-07-2009, 01:37 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

ftgators is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Wanting to flash a ROM but not sure how to start

I have a Sprint Touch Pro that I am wanting to upgrade to 6.5 but I am not sure where to really start. Ive tried looking things up but all I see are different instructions and none that I really see that will work for me (probably wrong about this).

I am wanting to upgrade to |HERM|ROM|6.5|WWE| ** EnergyROM 'Genesis' (23016) ** but I dont know where I really need to start. Would anyone mind posting directions on how to put this on a completely fresh phone?
Old 10-07-2009, 01:39 AM
Zombway: Eat Flesh
Pocket PC: Droid
Carrier: VZW

z0mbiexx is a VIPz0mbiexx is a VIPz0mbiexx is a VIPz0mbiexx is a VIPz0mbiexx is a VIPz0mbiexx is a VIPz0mbiexx is a VIPz0mbiexx is a VIPz0mbiexx is a VIPz0mbiexx is a VIPz0mbiexx is a VIP
Re: Wanting to flash a ROM but not sure how to start

Beginning

once you've successfully got the HSPL into your phone the flashing will never end.
Old 10-07-2009, 01:42 AM
Lurker
Threadstarter

ftgators is a n00b

So I install the HSPL on my phone and then I put on the new ROM?
Old 10-07-2009, 01:43 AM
Zombway: Eat Flesh
Pocket PC: Droid
Carrier: VZW

z0mbiexx is a VIPz0mbiexx is a VIPz0mbiexx is a VIPz0mbiexx is a VIPz0mbiexx is a VIPz0mbiexx is a VIPz0mbiexx is a VIPz0mbiexx is a VIPz0mbiexx is a VIPz0mbiexx is a VIPz0mbiexx is a VIP

yes once you get the HSPL when you put your phone into bootloader should say .037 cmonex and once thats there you are all good for flashing any of the touch pro custom roms
Old 10-07-2009, 10:30 AM
i like turtles
Pocket PC: Fascinate (Galaxy S)
Carrier: Verizon

chronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIP

Connect your phone via active sync, then run that hspl program. It unlocks it so that you can flash other stuff to it.

Once you do that, do a hard reset on your phone by going to start > settings > system > clear storage. Let the phone restart, and run the customizations, then restart again. THEN go grab your rom and run the rom update utility exe while connected via active sync. It'll flash the rom.

After that, you can grab another radio. I'm using the telus radio right now.

Old 10-07-2009, 11:11 AM
the World Watcher
Pocket PC: LG Optimus

strra is still contributing even after becoming a VIPstrra is still contributing even after becoming a VIPstrra is still contributing even after becoming a VIPstrra is still contributing even after becoming a VIPstrra is still contributing even after becoming a VIPstrra is still contributing even after becoming a VIPstrra is still contributing even after becoming a VIPstrra is still contributing even after becoming a VIPstrra is still contributing even after becoming a VIPstrra is still contributing even after becoming a VIPstrra is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Send a message via AIM to strra

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=69854
that video walkthrough might be of some use to you
Old 10-07-2009, 12:20 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

ftgators is a n00b

Alright, I have it up and running and everything seems to be working correctly. Quick question though. The slider to unlock the device, is there anyway I can set it so that every time I wake up the device it's still lock and I have to use it to unlock it, similar to how it is on the iPhone?
Old 10-07-2009, 01:15 PM
i like turtles
Pocket PC: Fascinate (Galaxy S)
Carrier: Verizon

chronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by ftgators View Post
Alright, I have it up and running and everything seems to be working correctly. Quick question though. The slider to unlock the device, is there anyway I can set it so that every time I wake up the device it's still lock and I have to use it to unlock it, similar to how it is on the iPhone?
here you go http://www.ac-s2.com/ it's called s2u2 (slide to unlock 2(?)) and it will pop up when you turn the phone's screen off and back on.

Also there's PocketShield: http://pocketshield.netserver01.com/ this one is a paid app but also very nice. Doesn't function like the iphone does though.
Old 10-07-2009, 01:30 PM
the World Watcher
Pocket PC: LG Optimus

strra is still contributing even after becoming a VIPstrra is still contributing even after becoming a VIPstrra is still contributing even after becoming a VIPstrra is still contributing even after becoming a VIPstrra is still contributing even after becoming a VIPstrra is still contributing even after becoming a VIPstrra is still contributing even after becoming a VIPstrra is still contributing even after becoming a VIPstrra is still contributing even after becoming a VIPstrra is still contributing even after becoming a VIPstrra is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Send a message via AIM to strra

or set the timeout to 0 minutes
Old 10-07-2009, 01:37 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

ftgators is a n00b

where would i go to set the timeout to 0? i havent been able to find it anywhere.

also, when i start up my phone i always get an error message saying something about voicecmd.exe anyone know what this problem means?

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro