PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Touch Pro (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=63)
-   -   It's been 11 months - Can I EXCHANGE the phone? NO INSURANCE!! (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=89218)

loren646 10-07-2009 12:59 AM

It's been 11 months - Can I EXCHANGE the phone? NO INSURANCE!!

I've had the phone for 11 months. Screen has oily residue. Has a lot of problems. I do not have insurance. I want to exchange it for another one. I bought it at best buy.

Do I go to the sprint store? Isn't there some type of warranty? Or exchange program?

Spiderman313 10-07-2009 01:11 AM

Re: It's been 11 months - Can I EXCHANGE the phone? NO INSURANCE!!

It might be a warranty. i know Sprint charges to fix if you don't have insurance. But just a suggestion you NEED insurance with these phones. You'll never know what will happen.

----------------
Now playing: Dinner Time
via FoxyTunes

coldheat06 10-07-2009 01:19 AM

It never hurts to try!!!!! The worst they could say is "NO"

jpwhre 10-07-2009 01:43 AM

Is it too late to add insurance, then wait a few weeks, and make a claim?

jmy72 10-07-2009 02:57 AM

You have a year from the purchase date, to purchase the extended warranty proctection. However, just so you know, you cannot call for an exchange until have 30 days of having the coverage.

jbearamus 10-07-2009 03:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by loren646 (Post 1219157)
I've had the phone for 11 months. Screen has oily residue. Has a lot of problems. I do not have insurance. I want to exchange it for another one. I bought it at best buy.

Do I go to the sprint store? Isn't there some type of warranty? Or exchange program?

one year manufacturer warranty honored by sprint, they should either trade it or fix it for you but you better hurry, after 12 months you're on your own

Quote:

Originally Posted by Spiderman313 (Post 1219171)
It might be a warranty. i know Sprint charges to fix if you don't have insurance. But just a suggestion you NEED insurance with these phones. You'll never know what will happen.

+1

Quote:

Originally Posted by jpwhre (Post 1219215)
Is it too late to add insurance, then wait a few weeks, and make a claim?

Quote:

Originally Posted by jmy72 (Post 1219270)
You have a year from the purchase date, to purchase the extended warranty proctection. However, just so you know, you cannot call for an exchange until have 30 days of having the coverage.

asurion's official position is that insurance coverage may be added within 30 days of purchase of a new phone or within 30 days of a paid/warranty repair in a sprint store (as stated by an Asurion Rep @ sprint vendor expo 8/19/09) so yes it should be far too late to add insurance. however i do know the sprint rep's have an "error correction system" in which they can tell asurion "its after 30 days but it should've had it" so if you can get a sprint employee to vouch for you it can be added, however as jmy mentioned, even if they do you'll have to wait a period of time before making a claim otherwise it'll hit asurion's fraud dept.
good luck

furrycnorm 10-08-2009 08:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by loren646 (Post 1219157)

ok, this is what to do.

1. Do an esn swap on sprints website for free. (switch to some random old phone if you have one, doesnt have to work.
2. Switch back to your tp right after.
3. Bingo. Now you are under the 30 since getting it and you can call sprint 5 minutes later and add TEP to your line.
4. Wait a month. File a claim. Hope this helps, worked for me more than once!

mikejones13 10-08-2009 12:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jbearamus (Post 1219278)
one year manufacturer warranty honored by sprint, they should either trade it or fix it for you but you better hurry, after 12 months you're on your own

Really, because that's a first that I seen sprint will honor a manufacturer warranty. 99.9% of the time you will be told to go to HTC and have them fix it. If sprint fixes it great, but don't count on it. Like other said, your shot maybe to just do an esn swap on your line wait a while I wouldn't say right away, but just switch back and see if you can add TEP, then wait 30 days and file a claim.

TurboFool 10-08-2009 01:38 PM

Sprint fixes all the keyboard problems in-store. They handle a lot of warranty repairs in-store. Don't see why you can't give this a shot.

halo9909 10-08-2009 01:38 PM

I took it to a repair center and they fixed it then it broke and then they ordered a new replacement and didnt ask for any of my info both visits