PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-06-2009, 04:12 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

Consigliere is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Question Hardware or software problem? (outlook?)

Well my latest Touch Pro hasn't had a problem until a few days ago. Been using this one since June 4th, for awhile I thought I was lucky and this would be the last Touch Pro I'd own until upgrading to the Touch Pro 2 or whatever new crap they put out next.. That doesn't seem to be the case now, hopefully I am wrong, I took really good care of this phone, looks brand new still and hasn't had any issues until now..

Here is what's going wrong..

It all started a few days ago, when I would reply to certain texts I'd lose ALL previous texts within that thread. Which really sucks! Then certain texts would appear as unread no matter how many times I'd read them. Soon after the phone just decides it wants to turn on and off by itself..

So to the present now.. The phone seems to be lagged by texting and emails now. Which is also lagging the Opera brower. Sometimes the touchscreen wants to work for scrolling up and down etc, sometimes it does not, and you have to use the hard keys instead. The funny thing is, the touch screen is still responsive in all other modes of use for the phone, just giving the browser problems.

So this leads me to believe the problem could be a software issue and not hardware? I'd be happy if I can just fix this myself without having to go to the service center, or if I have to go there, not having to trade out the phone for a refurb, ugh. I'm thinking outlook may have something to do with the texting/email problems.

Anyone out there have any ideas or comments on this? Thanks..

(In the meanwhile I went ahead and backed up contacts/texts etc with PCimBackup, and now about to use Sprite to do a complete back up. Ugh, I wish HTC could release a winmo phone WITHOUT the headaches!)

Last edited by Consigliere; 10-06-2009 at 04:16 PM.
Old 10-08-2009, 03:10 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Alltel 6800 > Touch Pro > Imagio>Droid Razr
Carrier: Alltel>Verizon

mastergadgets is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmastergadgets is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmastergadgets is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmastergadgets is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Re: Hardware or software problem? (outlook?)

Sound like a hard reset is in order.
Old 10-08-2009, 03:13 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: Evo Shift
Carrier: Sprint SEP 4G

elmerfudpucker knows their stuffelmerfudpucker knows their stuffelmerfudpucker knows their stuffelmerfudpucker knows their stuffelmerfudpucker knows their stuffelmerfudpucker knows their stuffelmerfudpucker knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Send a message via MSN to elmerfudpucker
Re: Hardware or software problem? (outlook?)

Break out Pimbackup and back up all the contacts and do the hard reset.
"He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion."

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro