PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-06-2009, 03:58 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: htc touch pro
Carrier: cricket

bam3221 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Exclamation here goes nothing :) H3LP

so i bought a htc touch pro and it def impresses me more then my girlfriend sometimes jk but heres the problems

first and most important: i have no data connection/ the username and password somehow got erased while changing roms on it. i have cricket as my carrier and i remember it being there when i could recieve/ send amazing pictures of everything. the user name was myphonenumber@mycricket.com but no clue what the password was. now i dont expect u guys to know this but im looking for help where to go to find this info. i stopped into the cricket store and the guy looked at me stupid when i explained it to him and asked him for the info. then tried to start pushing random buttons on my phone so i stopped him and walked out.

next i had pim contact backup on my phone but the rom im using now doesnt have it or i cant find it so i lost my contacts again. can i just put it on the phone?

lastly i wanna learn more about all the things possible with this gangsta phone but im having trouble looking threw this forum and actually learning something. any other good websites or informational sites????

thanks you all
Bam
Old 10-06-2009, 04:47 AM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC EVO/no root
Carrier: Sprint

jpwhre knows their stuffjpwhre knows their stuffjpwhre knows their stuffjpwhre knows their stuffjpwhre knows their stuffjpwhre knows their stuff
Send a message via AIM to jpwhre Send a message via MSN to jpwhre Send a message via Yahoo to jpwhre
Re: here goes nothing :) H3LP

Relax. Cricket is not trained for this.

Password
cricket

Just like that, no caps.

Domain, leave blank.

You need an sd card, I assume you have one with PIM backed up. rar.ppc_arm.cab will save you if you donwload a rom that doesn't have rar (unlikely, but good to have) Save to a file folder you created as cabs (save all cabs here). Then install to sd card, not device. Find rar in programs or start menu and open. it will ask to accociate with, make sure rar and zip are checked and press ok.

If in your sd card you have a folder called program files (create one if not) take the PIM backup rar and extract there. Then find it in file explorer. If you flashed a new rom, you will have no data,mms. Don't freak out. forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=87812 will give you full working on cricket, but not ez. forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=81027 is ez, but you get no speaker icon, and battery show 100% even when dead.

Last edited by jpwhre; 07-08-2010 at 09:06 PM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 10-06-2009, 05:20 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Evo 4G

TheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on rep

I've seen your girlfriend, and I understand why the TP2 impresses you more than she does
Old 10-06-2009, 04:16 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

bam3221 is a n00b

thank you i figured it out n now it seems to letting me go on the interest and what not but the pic messaging still isnt. the actual menu botton isnt even lite up now. help please!!! also is there a setting that turns off the slide out keyboard cause sometimes it works and sometimes it doesnt. also alot of lagggggggg
Old 10-06-2009, 04:17 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

bam3221 is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBundo View Post
I've seen your girlfriend, and I understand why the TP2 impresses you more than she does

ha ha funny guy well i let her know what u said so i would think twice before walking alone
Old 10-06-2009, 07:28 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

getinked5 is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by bam3221 View Post
thank you i figured it out n now it seems to letting me go on the interest and what not but the pic messaging still isnt. the actual menu botton isnt even lite up now. help please!!! also is there a setting that turns off the slide out keyboard cause sometimes it works and sometimes it doesnt. also alot of lagggggggg
what ROM are you using.

Previous ROMs; Juicy.6, Juicy.7, Mighty.4, Mighty.5, FADY, PsykiROM v1.0, v2.1, v3, v4
Old 10-07-2009, 01:29 AM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC EVO/no root

jpwhre knows their stuffjpwhre knows their stuffjpwhre knows their stuffjpwhre knows their stuffjpwhre knows their stuffjpwhre knows their stuff
Send a message via AIM to jpwhre Send a message via MSN to jpwhre Send a message via Yahoo to jpwhre

We can only do so much. I have found any rom you chose, there will be lag on something. If your keyboard isn't working some times, it could be a bad flash on the rom, or a bad phone. I posted links that get it fully working, but you could be missing something. Have you checked start, connections, connections, and make sure that it is set to cricket? Click advanced and see if both settings are for cricket. In text main, press menu, if there is no pic/mms options setting, you won't get it either. Do you have a reg editor? Do you know the msl to the phone when dialing ##778# if it is not 000000? I could ask more, but it would take a lot to get all the answers.

Do a search with cricket as the keyword.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 10-07-2009, 12:58 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

bam3221 is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by getinked5 View Post
what ROM are you using.

right now the new mighty rom 6 but i change it like everyday trying to find one that works better cause im a noob n i cant do anything besides just try them. ive also found that roms that use just the stock windows text messaging program instead of both that one n the cool fanisy one the keyboard works fine but laggs n wont type if the rom has both of them.
Old 10-07-2009, 01:07 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

bam3221 is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpwhre View Post
We can only do so much. I have found any rom you chose, there will be lag on something. If your keyboard isn't working some times, it could be a bad flash on the rom, or a bad phone. I posted links that get it fully working, but you could be missing something. Have you checked start, connections, connections, and make sure that it is set to cricket? Click advanced and see if both settings are for cricket. In text main, press menu, if there is no pic/mms options setting, you won't get it either. Do you have a reg editor? Do you know the msl to the phone when dialing ##778# if it is not 000000? I could ask more, but it would take a lot to get all the answers.

Do a search with cricket as the keyword.
thanks for the help. i havent looked at those links yet so i will try that next and then get back to you but thanks for the help so far ill keep working on it and trying to figure everything out.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro