PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-05-2009, 11:30 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC EVO4g
Carrier: Sprint

srk468 is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to srk468
Draining the battery though the bootloader?

Hello everyone I hope I'm posting in the right spot but I have a Sprint TP and I read in the NRG Energy ROM thread that it would be a good idea to drain your battery though the bootloader until it dies and then let charge overnight. My problem is after I drained the battery I cant seem to get it to accept a charge now, like the phone needs to be on to charge the battery but there isn't enough power to turn on the phone? Anyone know of a way around this or do I just need to buy a charging dock for the battery it's self? Any advice would be appreciated!
Old 10-05-2009, 11:49 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Fuze
Carrier: ATT

k_semler is becoming a PPCGeeks regulark_semler is becoming a PPCGeeks regulark_semler is becoming a PPCGeeks regulark_semler is becoming a PPCGeeks regulark_semler is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via AIM to k_semler Send a message via MSN to k_semler Send a message via Yahoo to k_semler Send a message via Skype™ to k_semler
Re: Draining the battery though the bootloader?

Your phone should have enough power to cycle on by it's self, (not a full power on). It should get to just past the boot loader, (where it shows the radio/rom/biuld info), and then attach it to a USB or wall charger at that instant. Considering your battery is *dead*, I reccomend doing this with the wall charging unit. Your phone will run off of the AC adapter, and still charge the battery.
Baseband: UCKJ3
Kernel: 2.6.35.7 - I997RUXG3-CL366622 user@netbook #Infusion-GB-CoreA
Old 10-05-2009, 11:55 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Hmmm I couldn't get it to do anything except vibrate here and there but not power up, not enough power to even power up to bootloader. I guess draining it though the bootloader gets it too dead!!LOL Ohh well I got a spare and I want to buy a charging dock anyway but can anyone confirm the phone needs to be on to charge the battery? Thanks for all the help!
Old 10-06-2009, 01:19 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro--> Htc TP2--> Evo 4G

yashmathur08 is a n00b

I have a different problem.
Yesterday my battery was drained then I put it in charging for whole night but it did not charged at all. In morning it was saying your battery is empty recharge it soon.

I tried to figure it out through forums, what I found was heating might be problem. If the phone gets heated to a temp. it stops charging.

I kept on charging then for four hours without geting it heated by opening keypad or keeping it on chilled surface.

Finally it got charged 90% but after two hours the battery was nil again and saying me to charge it. I had not used much of data may be only for 10minutes, neither much of network calls or sms that also around 30 min.

I am using latest upgrade rom on htc's website (Sprint Touch Pro MR 2.01.651.6) PLz help me

Plz help
Old 10-06-2009, 01:44 AM
Suuuper Geeenius
Pocket PC: hTc RhodiumW (Touch Pro2)

horndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to horndoctor

Quote:
Originally Posted by srk468 View Post
Hmmm I couldn't get it to do anything except vibrate here and there but not power up, not enough power to even power up to bootloader. I guess draining it though the bootloader gets it too dead!!LOL Ohh well I got a spare and I want to buy a charging dock anyway but can anyone confirm the phone needs to be on to charge the battery? Thanks for all the help!
You should be able to charge the battery without turning the phone on. Just leave it off and plug in the ac adapter charger or a mobile outlet cigarette lighter power cord and let it charge for at least 4 to 8 hours.
Old 10-06-2009, 08:00 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Well I jumped the gun, it did finally start charging later and so far it really seems to help. Before I would drop down to 91% or so within 15 min of comin off the cord, I've been off the charger for over an hour now and lots of texting and some internet and still have 96% Thanks for the help guys!
Old 10-07-2009, 10:55 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: touch pro2/ blackberry bold
Carrier: sprint & at & t

idenkilla is just getting started
Send a message via AIM to idenkilla

Can you point me to the post in the thread where it says how to do it? I want to try it
Old 10-07-2009, 11:04 AM
WP Heavy Rot Sloth
Pocket PC: Mogul, Touch Pro 1&2, Evo, PhotonQ

shaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by srk468 View Post
Well I jumped the gun, it did finally start charging later and so far it really seems to help. Before I would drop down to 91% or so within 15 min of comin off the cord, I've been off the charger for over an hour now and lots of texting and some internet and still have 96% =D> Thanks for the help guys!
Yup, it's hard to explain, but thats what many of us have found over the year(s)
also no2chem has a driver to so you can use the phone til it's all the way dead, since there's no point in having 10% left if you can't make a call. ;b

when the battery gets really dead (vibrate is a good sign ie. boot attempt) usually after 5~30min the charge light will start going. I usually let it fully charge off (light stays solid), then boot the phone, and wait til the O/S thinks it's full.
although I have a mogul I frequently switch my service to so I can 'play' with the TP.

Last edited by shaggylive; 10-07-2009 at 11:07 AM.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro