PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-05-2009, 08:14 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

ludacy1 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularludacy1 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularludacy1 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
wake up to a 6.5 update?

what do you guys think, is it going to happen for our old pros?
Old 10-05-2009, 08:23 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

kevm14 is keeping up the good workkevm14 is keeping up the good work
Re: wake up to a 6.5 update?

I dunno but I'd be just as happy with a custom rom built off a solid actual release build of 6.5. I kinda want the 6.5.1 version now, though.
Old 10-05-2009, 08:28 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: HTC Desire
Carrier: Telus

Mr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)

No, it will not.

If I have helped you, you like my work, want to get me a coffee or you feel like you wish to help me get my next device.

feel free to its appreciated, but not required!

Thanks To everyone who donated!
Old 10-05-2009, 08:32 PM
DaFlowMaster
Pocket PC: TP2 IPHONE 3GS 5.1.1
Carrier: GSM...

HBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Send a message via AIM to HBOOT

lets open this up for a guess vote chop chop OP
Old 10-05-2009, 08:42 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: EVO

zone23 should be added to the payroll for their contributionszone23 should be added to the payroll for their contributionszone23 should be added to the payroll for their contributionszone23 should be added to the payroll for their contributionszone23 should be added to the payroll for their contributionszone23 should be added to the payroll for their contributionszone23 should be added to the payroll for their contributionszone23 should be added to the payroll for their contributionszone23 should be added to the payroll for their contributionszone23 should be added to the payroll for their contributionszone23 should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)

No way phone companies are greedy all they think about is ways to take your money. The XBox 360 is the first piece of hardware I think I have ever seen were a company actually upgraded the software without forcing the consumer to by new hardware. The phone companies want you to buy a new phone so they can get you under contract and they know some people will pay any price. Fortunately for me I have Psyki who will upgrade my phone without me buying new hardware.
Old 10-05-2009, 09:00 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Threadstarter

ludacy1 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularludacy1 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularludacy1 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

i agree thank god for custom roms ill be the first to admit i cant afford a tp2, so upgrading what i have is a must
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 10-05-2009, 09:06 PM
Mobileunderground.info
Pocket PC: HD2
Carrier: T-Mobile

bikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the community
Send a message via AIM to bikeandestroyx Send a message via MSN to bikeandestroyx

We are not going to see 6.5 on our pros or diamond, if we do it wont be for a while.
If you really want 6.5, use a custom rom.
Old 10-06-2009, 12:21 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Evo 3D

mwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevm14 View Post
I dunno but I'd be just as happy with a custom rom built off a solid actual release build of 6.5. I kinda want the 6.5.1 version now, though.
There's a good chance that the versions phones are launching/being upgrade to will be the same releases that we've been able to run on our phones for awhile (or older than what's currently available). The HTC "Official" Topaz 6.5 ROM Update for Vodafone is using WM6.5 SYS 21854. There are already 2 newer 6.5 versions that have become widely available (21859 & 21864). They are all 'actual' releases .
Old 10-06-2009, 12:59 AM
Timeless
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

TurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to TurboFool Send a message via MSN to TurboFool Send a message via Yahoo to TurboFool

Highly doubtful. Had the sequels not been released and they had units left to sell, yes. But now that it's off the market there's no profit in it for them. The only updates we'll see are for security or major stability issues. For instance, if a bug caused them all to start freezing up after midnight on December 31st of this year, they'd update to fix that. But don't expect new functionality when they can sell you a new phone for that.
Old 10-06-2009, 03:38 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro Sprint
Carrier: Verizon

lunacie is halfway to VIP status based on replunacie is halfway to VIP status based on replunacie is halfway to VIP status based on replunacie is halfway to VIP status based on replunacie is halfway to VIP status based on replunacie is halfway to VIP status based on replunacie is halfway to VIP status based on replunacie is halfway to VIP status based on replunacie is halfway to VIP status based on replunacie is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ludacy1 View Post
what do you guys think, is it going to happen for our old pros?
Anybody that's ever flashed an NRG custom rom would consider that an unwelcome downgrade Carrier roms are consitently the bottom of the barrel in my experience.

I've been running 6.5 for months now...
Radio: 1.12.34F

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro