PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-10-2009, 02:29 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: VZW

superdupe is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
No EVDO

Hi Guys,
I have a verizonized Sprint Touch Pro and have flashed it several times with different roms... At one point everything was great and working fine... I recently flashed with scrosslers version 3 rom and thats where my problems started... The way his new rom works, it resets all the custom settings I had changed from Sprint to Verizon... I'm not complaining and I think his rom's are great including this one... What it did though was force me to re-enter the settings and call verizon to do a DMU reset... After all of that, now it seems like my phone only works in 1x mode instead of EVDO...

Data definatley says 1x and will not connect at EVDO but it even seems the phone is doing the same thing... I have my wifes phone next to me (same thing except with an older rom on it) and comparing the 2, she is evdo and I am 1x... I'm not sure if its a rom thing or a setting or a verizon thing but I dont want to re-flash and have to ask for another DMU reset because its a pain... Anyone have any ideas?

Also, can i copy the dmu keys to a file and just replace them on my own?

phill
Old 01-10-2009, 02:49 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Thunderbolt
Carrier: Verizon

kyle4269 is halfway to VIP status based on repkyle4269 is halfway to VIP status based on repkyle4269 is halfway to VIP status based on repkyle4269 is halfway to VIP status based on repkyle4269 is halfway to VIP status based on repkyle4269 is halfway to VIP status based on repkyle4269 is halfway to VIP status based on repkyle4269 is halfway to VIP status based on repkyle4269 is halfway to VIP status based on repkyle4269 is halfway to VIP status based on repkyle4269 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Re: No EVDO

His first post states "ONLY FOR VERIZON XV6850. All other carriers will ROAM due to GPS fix. Verizon-ized phone may not be the same after flashing. I only recommend this ROM for the XV6850"
Old 01-10-2009, 02:49 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC ARRIVE
Carrier: sprint

havox22 is halfway to VIP status based on rephavox22 is halfway to VIP status based on rephavox22 is halfway to VIP status based on rephavox22 is halfway to VIP status based on rephavox22 is halfway to VIP status based on rephavox22 is halfway to VIP status based on rephavox22 is halfway to VIP status based on rephavox22 is halfway to VIP status based on rephavox22 is halfway to VIP status based on rephavox22 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

try start>settings>phone>services>mode of operation>get settings and change it from 1x to hybrid, if u dont see mode of operation edit registry HKLM/software/OEM/phonesetting and change hidden mode operation page to 0
Old 01-10-2009, 07:03 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

superdupe is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by kyle4269 View Post
His first post states "ONLY FOR VERIZON XV6850. All other carriers will ROAM due to GPS fix. Verizon-ized phone may not be the same after flashing. I only recommend this ROM for the XV6850"
i understand this and i'm not saying it might have something to do with it but i think the major issue is the roaming triangle wich is an easy fix... (the modified prl) anyway, my issue is with the phone not working in evdo... now from time to time it will show evdo on the icon at the top... the problem is when when i use it, it goes into 1x...

also, i have used the mode change tweak and can switch between mixed, 1x and evdo... the problem is even if i set it to evdo ONLY, after trying to connect and failure in evdo, the phone goes back into 1x... (at least that is what the icon is saying)

i'm going to do some re-flashing with various roms and see what happens... the second part of my intial post is what i really want to know... can i and if so,, how do i save the dmu (secret keys) so when i do re-flash i dont have to keep calling verizon for a dmu reset...

anybody got any ideas there? i've read about people copying the keys from other devices, but how did they exactly do it?
Old 01-11-2009, 01:26 AM
Lurker
Threadstarter

superdupe is a n00b

ok,
i figured it out and fixed it....

the answer is in the security tab of epst... i needed to change a few things there that had reverted back to the orginal sprint entries....

now evdo is working great on the phone!

now the problem is i can't connect via tethering and i'm pretty sure it has to do with the security settings... can anyone tell me what is supposed to be there in the PPP areas? right now they are blank and i think that is the problem....
Old 10-05-2009, 04:23 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: none.. -_-

Growf911 is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by superdupe View Post
ok,

the answer is in the security tab of epst... i needed to change a few things there that had reverted back to the orginal sprint entries....

now the problem is i can't connect via tethering and i'm pretty sure it has to do with the security settings... can anyone tell me what is supposed to be there in the PPP areas? right now they are blank and i think that is the problem....

I'm having the same problem. What exactly did you change in the security tab?
Old 10-05-2009, 04:35 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: touch pro 2
Carrier: sprint

welrope is still contributing even after becoming a VIPwelrope is still contributing even after becoming a VIPwelrope is still contributing even after becoming a VIPwelrope is still contributing even after becoming a VIPwelrope is still contributing even after becoming a VIPwelrope is still contributing even after becoming a VIPwelrope is still contributing even after becoming a VIPwelrope is still contributing even after becoming a VIPwelrope is still contributing even after becoming a VIPwelrope is still contributing even after becoming a VIPwelrope is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by superdupe View Post
ok,

I think it should be your username and password to get on the data network.
Old 10-05-2009, 05:09 PM
SuperNoob
Pocket PC: iPhone 5s
Carrier: TMobile

rstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation level

Moved to the HTC Touch Pro forum.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro