PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-03-2009, 05:12 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Verizon

scribes is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Flashing Rom Question

So i have spent the last 2 days trying to figure this out, reading through soooo many different threads, each seems to have different information, or possibly conflicting information at times. Im not sure, some seem old, maybe thats why.

Anyway, Verizon HTC Touch Pro, i believe its unlocked correctly, boot loader shows the comnex deal, with the .35 version if thats what it is.

I was trying to flash the EnergyROM_Herman_20 last night, and wasnt successful.

I am using a full RTM of Windows7 on my desktop, dont know if there is any issue there, thought i read someone confirmed it to work.

Can sync my phone with the windows mobile center or whatever that activesync replacement is called.

Can someone that knows how this works, point me to an updated correct way to flash a rom from either sd or from my pc....

When i follow the instructions i found, it runs the ROMUpdateUtility.exe from the RUU folder i have on my pc, it finds the current verizon version on my phone, and finds the RAPHIMG.nbh for the EnergyROM i put in the RUU on my desktop, but when it pops my phone into the bootloader screen on the next step, it then stalls and gives an error code that it cannot connect to my phone.

When i try the instructions i found to flash from sd, it basically just goes to bootloader and does nothing, resetting with stylus reboots me back to the phone.

Sorry, i understand there is ALOT of information on this and other forums, these questions have been answered before, but im not finding a solution to my issue.

Thanks for your time.
Old 10-03-2009, 06:55 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Epic 4G/U301 USB Card
Carrier: Sprint

gprimr1 is becoming a great contributor
Re: Flashing Rom Question

Hi

I'm running Windows 7 RTM too.

Here's how you do it:

1.) Pull the battery out of the phone and put it back in.

2.) Hold down the volume down and power button

3.) The phone should boot into bootloader mode. (The three color screen).

4.) Connect to the computer, Windows will install a device called "microsoft usb sync"

5.) Run Rom Updater. It should run fine.

6.) Once it images and boots up, it will connect to Windows Mobile Device center. The icon (for some suspicious reason) shows Verizon even if you have a Sprint device, but it works fine.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 10-03-2009, 07:14 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC EVO/no root
Carrier: Sprint

jpwhre knows their stuffjpwhre knows their stuffjpwhre knows their stuffjpwhre knows their stuffjpwhre knows their stuffjpwhre knows their stuff
Send a message via AIM to jpwhre Send a message via MSN to jpwhre Send a message via Yahoo to jpwhre

if you have recent NRG rom, and your device is truly unlocked. use winrar (search for it if you don't have on pc) and extract Signed.nbh change name to RAPHIMG.nbh and put on sd card. put on root of card and not in any folder or file. put card in phone and put in bootloader. with an nbh file on card, it will bypass 3 color screen and give grey screen with instructions. press power button. when highlighted update sucsessful, pull battery for 3+ seconds, replace and hard reset ( round butten, valume down, and power butten at same time) and fallow instructions.
Old 10-03-2009, 09:03 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Verizon
Threadstarter

scribes is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by gprimr1 View Post
Hi

I'm running Windows 7 RTM too.

Here's how you do it:

1.) Pull the battery out of the phone and put it back in.

2.) Hold down the volume down and power button

3.) The phone should boot into bootloader mode. (The three color screen).

4.) Connect to the computer, Windows will install a device called "microsoft usb sync"

5.) Run Rom Updater. It should run fine.

6.) Once it images and boots up, it will connect to Windows Mobile Device center. The icon (for some suspicious reason) shows Verizon even if you have a Sprint device, but it works fine.
First of all, thanks to both of you. I started at the top though.

Gprimr - I tried what you said, it got to the "installing usb" portion, started to install, then failed. I went into devmgr found the device, and attempted to update the driver from there with the phone still in boot loader. It found the Media Sync deal from MS Update, then told me i had a newer version already installed. However, it then showed the device as installed correctly. I ran the update utility, it didnt find the current rom on the phone, but figured i would try anyway....and it worked!!! Thanks a ton.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro