PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-01-2009, 10:53 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: htc touch pro, and hero!
Carrier: sprint

marcehredt is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Unhappy sms/mms!!!!!!!?????????????????

hey guys and gals....i could really use your help on this one. i have installed the arcsoft picture mail service on my tp and dont get me wrong it works alot better sending and receiving picture mail but there is one problem that i hope someone can help me with, when i receive my pictures they always display so tiny.......any ideas as to why? is it just the arcsoft program? ive tried every setting for picture size in the sms/mms options and they are always so small regardless? im very gratefull it works but would love to take advantage of the screen on my touch pro? please help? anyone? thank you...
Old 10-02-2009, 12:03 AM
ShadowDrake

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)
Re: sms/mms!!!!!!!?????????????????

Quote:
Originally Posted by marcehredt View Post
hey guys and gals....i could really use your help on this one. i have installed the arcsoft picture mail service on my tp and dont get me wrong it works alot better sending and receiving picture mail but there is one problem that i hope someone can help me with, when i receive my pictures they always display so tiny.......any ideas as to why? is it just the arcsoft program? ive tried every setting for picture size in the sms/mms options and they are always so small regardless? im very gratefull it works but would love to take advantage of the screen on my touch pro? please help? anyone? thank you...
You mean when someone sends you a picture, the picture is small? Tell them to get a better phone.

No, really, that's all it is. The image they send is scaled down to small resolutions. Your TP has a 480x640 screen. If they send you a ~100x80 picture it's going to be tiny. That's all there is to it.
Old 10-02-2009, 12:56 AM
Lurker
Threadstarter

marcehredt is a n00b
Question Re: sms/mms!!!!!!!?????????????????

ok.....kinda thought so but i have forwarded a couple to a friend and they appear much larger on his phone?????? this made me think that maybe the issue was with my phone,program,and or settings ya know? just didnt make sense that my phone wouldnt scale a pic as my friends blackberry curve? the touch pro is a much more suffisticated phone than that?
Old 10-02-2009, 12:51 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: IPhone 4G to Iphone 5
Carrier: Sprint PCS

BBHOLIDAY knows their stuffBBHOLIDAY knows their stuffBBHOLIDAY knows their stuffBBHOLIDAY knows their stuffBBHOLIDAY knows their stuffBBHOLIDAY knows their stuff

You can try this registry hack and it may work for you.

HKLM/Software/HTC/Camera/P3
Adjust MainCamCaptSize to 512 (Default: 64) and MainCamSupportCaptSize to 872 (Default: 80).

Checkout the below link:

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread...=69185&page=11

Old 10-07-2009, 08:25 AM
Lurker
Threadstarter

marcehredt is a n00b

what program do i need to input this reg hack?
Old 10-07-2009, 08:53 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: EVO
Carrier: Sprint

zone23 should be added to the payroll for their contributionszone23 should be added to the payroll for their contributionszone23 should be added to the payroll for their contributionszone23 should be added to the payroll for their contributionszone23 should be added to the payroll for their contributionszone23 should be added to the payroll for their contributionszone23 should be added to the payroll for their contributionszone23 should be added to the payroll for their contributionszone23 should be added to the payroll for their contributionszone23 should be added to the payroll for their contributionszone23 should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)

You could use Total Commander
Old 10-07-2009, 09:49 AM
The Rootinator
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 3D, HTC EVO 4G LTE, HTC ONE
Carrier: Sprint

rootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)

The reason the pic looked fine when you forwarded it is because the person you forwarded to also has a smaller resolution than the TP.

IMO scaling the image up to size on the TP will probably distort the picture.
Save the attachments and use album to zoom them and see what happens.
Old 10-07-2009, 01:28 PM
Super Senior VIP Member
Pocket PC: Nexus 6p
Carrier: Att StraightTalk

psycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Send a message via MSN to psycho_maniac Send a message via Skype™ to psycho_maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBHOLIDAY View Post
You can try this registry hack and it may work for you.

HKLM/Software/HTC/Camera/P3
Adjust MainCamCaptSize to 512 (Default: 64) and MainCamSupportCaptSize to 872 (Default: 80).
that has nothing to do with what we are talking about.

and sometimes when you save the picture that is small and then go to view it. it the picture is bigger? why is that?

Last edited by psycho_maniac; 10-07-2009 at 01:31 PM.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro

Tags
picture mail, sms/mms, sprint picture mail