PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-12-2009, 01:18 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Storm -> HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Verizon

probuild521 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
wont sync with computer

i plugged in my phone to the computer the phone says its charging but the mobility center(active sync) on windows 7 isnt connecting nor recognizing it. it worked yesterday...any ideas?
Old 08-12-2009, 01:25 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Moto Droid @ 1.1GHz
Carrier: VZW

raidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the community
Send a message via MSN to raidzero
Re: wont sync with computer

check start>settings>connections> usb to pc, make sure fast data synchronization is turned off and also check that you're using regular OEM battery drivers and not rapidcharge
Old 08-12-2009, 01:27 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

probuild521 is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by raidzero View Post
check that you're using regular OEM battery drivers and not rapidcharge
could you explain this further?
Old 08-12-2009, 01:39 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Moto Droid @ 1.1GHz
Carrier: VZW

raidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the community
Send a message via MSN to raidzero

Quote:
Originally Posted by probuild521 View Post
could you explain this further?
I would check the ROM thread and see what battery driver it uses. What ROM are you on? chances are it uses the regular OEM driver. Can you still not sync even with fast data synchronization disabled? do you have it set to prompt when you connect USB?
Old 08-12-2009, 02:03 PM
VIP PATROL
Pocket PC: EVO 4G/3D
Carrier: SPRINT

JAVIERBOND007 is halfway to VIP status based on repJAVIERBOND007 is halfway to VIP status based on repJAVIERBOND007 is halfway to VIP status based on repJAVIERBOND007 is halfway to VIP status based on repJAVIERBOND007 is halfway to VIP status based on repJAVIERBOND007 is halfway to VIP status based on repJAVIERBOND007 is halfway to VIP status based on repJAVIERBOND007 is halfway to VIP status based on repJAVIERBOND007 is halfway to VIP status based on repJAVIERBOND007 is halfway to VIP status based on repJAVIERBOND007 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to JAVIERBOND007 Send a message via MSN to JAVIERBOND007 Send a message via Yahoo to JAVIERBOND007

Like raidzero said above or you can go to settings--usb to pc---and check "ask about connection type when i connect" that way everytime you connect the usb cable it will ask you what kind of connection will you prefer in this case you will click on ActiveSync, hope that helps

Old 08-12-2009, 03:57 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: EVO 4G
Carrier: Sprint

robj19 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularrobj19 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularrobj19 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularrobj19 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

the same thing has happened to me a couple of times. Just restart both your PC and you phone and let both completly reboot before plugging back in and it should work just fine. In fact it just happened to me yesterday.

Don't just say THANKS click it!

Old 08-12-2009, 09:13 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

probuild521 is a n00b

restarted my phone several times and have tried several computers, any ideas? also i cant get that volume down/center button/power button reset to work the phone just boots up
Old 08-12-2009, 10:21 PM
domo arigato mr roboto
Pocket PC: Samsung Moment
Carrier: Sprint since Feb 11, 2002

elephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by probuild521 View Post
restarted my phone several times and have tried several computers, any ideas? also i cant get that volume down/center button/power button reset to work the phone just boots up
pull your microsd card out, leave out and try again. If this works, format the microsd card, this happened to me months back and this was my resolve
Old 08-13-2009, 03:29 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

probuild521 is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by elephant007 View Post
pull your microsd card out, leave out and try again. If this works, format the microsd card, this happened to me months back and this was my resolve
tried that, any other ideas?
Old 08-13-2009, 01:04 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

probuild521 is a n00b

bump, what can i do?!?!

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro