PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-29-2009, 12:03 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Hero
Carrier: Sprint

gyantgunz is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Duplicate SMS

I receive probably 50 texts per day and of those about 5 of them are duplicated 3-5 times. i notice it happening more often when i don't reply to the text. i've asked people if they re-send them and they don't.

i have sprint and have been on tech support multiple times and have not got the issue resolved.

has anyone else had this issue? is this just something i have to deal with? its very annoying taking my phone out just to see that its the same text over and over.

i have a touch pro, i bought a pre and had the same issue so i returned it. im guessing its a network problem. any advice?
Old 09-29-2009, 01:04 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: VZN TP
Carrier: VZN

Mylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Re: Duplicate SMS

its just a glitch in the matrix. it happens to me on VZN every once and a while as well.
Old 09-29-2009, 02:16 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Hero
Carrier: Sprint
Threadstarter

gyantgunz is a n00b

i don't mind if it happens a little bit but is there a problem with having 15 duplicates/day?
Old 09-29-2009, 02:18 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: VZN TP
Carrier: VZN

Mylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

if they happen at a certain time only then it could be a tower issue. if it happens at different areas(different towers) then its a service issue.
Old 09-29-2009, 03:19 PM
Retired Moderator
Pocket PC: NULL
Carrier: NULL

[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level

I would call Sprint and have them at least document it and check if there's an issue in your area. The problem should resolve itself within a few days. If not, try reflashing your radio.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro

Tags
duplicate, sms