PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-30-2009, 12:38 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: VZN TP
Carrier: VZN

Mylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Request for a Cricket Rom!

are you using a non carrier specific rom?
Old 09-30-2009, 01:47 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Sprint Touch Pro
Carrier: cricKet
Threadstarter

nFiniti is becoming a great contributor
Send a message via AIM to nFiniti Send a message via MSN to nFiniti Send a message via Yahoo to nFiniti

I've tried all the roms avail. The only ones that seem to work out good enough, are ones that are made by me with a cricket OEM from PPCKitchen, Which is made out of the rice kitchen and I don't know how to upgrade the rice kitchen with the new Manila 2.1 which is what I reallllllllllllly want, And the old WM6.1 Cricket Specific Rom. I've tried Energy and for some reason it doesn't have MMS..... And I cannot for the life of me get wap to work, even when I manually input the settings.

I don't know why its not such a nice thing to maybe have someone make a new rom for cricket users. I mean I am a computer guy. But The way they are making roms is way out of my league. Rice Kitchen is you download two files, extract them to one folder, open a program, select what features you want, done! PPCKitchen is easier but isn't going to update a thing until MS starts releasing new updates.

If I could figure it out, I'd make one. But all I have to offer is a very very light rom that I'm sure nobody will really want.

~Joshua A. Gray
Old 09-30-2009, 02:06 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Moto Droid 1
Carrier: Cricket

915_tuscani is becoming a great contributor

that would be nice to try another oem cricket rom on the TP, im using Isriam V4.50 and everything works good
Old 09-30-2009, 12:35 PM
VIP Member

Mylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

give me a few min and i will see what i can do.
Old 09-30-2009, 12:41 PM
VIP Member

well, that was short lived. they have taken down erices kitchen. until i can get a copy of that i cant work on it.
Old 09-30-2009, 01:40 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Moto Droid @ 1.1GHz
Carrier: VZW

raidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the community
Send a message via MSN to raidzero

OP, Please post the cricket carrier OEM you have as an attachment - I or anyone else can make it into a cab for you
Old 09-30-2009, 01:49 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC EVO/no root
Carrier: Sprint

jpwhre knows their stuffjpwhre knows their stuffjpwhre knows their stuffjpwhre knows their stuffjpwhre knows their stuffjpwhre knows their stuff
Send a message via AIM to jpwhre Send a message via MSN to jpwhre Send a message via Yahoo to jpwhre

Is this what you are looking for? It has 1013 and 1015 evdo prl in it. If you want an eazy pst setting without having to do it your self, put on old 1x prl on and dial *228 Providing a cricket prl list. I used 01041 to get ota programing to take. If the 1x prl you use fails to program. try an other.

Blade. In the thread you and I have been sharing, I got all roms to work on cricket. Even the stock sprint rom. You must be missing something cause I was able to get it on 2 phones. tp and diamond. The touch pro I did it on several roms from this group.

Until this is resolved in a new rom, or someone puts it in a cab.

Install 1st, 2nd, and 3rd cabs in order. (i know one is alltel) and make changes as fallows.

Go to text msg after all installed. Press menu. Pic/video/mms options will be in list towards bottom. In there go to servers. You can change Alltel MMSC to Cricket if you want it to say that. Delete the alltel gateway and leave blank. On server address http://wap.alltel.mms/servlet/mms change alltel to mycricket. It will show connect via cricket cause of dcd cab.

Send a pic msg to yourself. It may or may not send.

Use total commander or phm regedit and find hklm/software/arcsoft/arcsoft MMS UA/configure/mm1/wspheader you will find X-Alltel-MDN and the value of your 11 digit phone number (15551234567). If it is not there, Create string with X-Cricket-MDN with your 10 digit phone number. If alltel is there re-name to cricket and take the leading 1 off your phone number.

Reset device.

If pic did not send first time. Send it again and then go back and check to see if X-Alltel-MDN wrote it's self. If it did, delete it since you already made cricket one.

Reset device.

Wait, the msg you sent will come. After it does, check to see if alltel string wrote it's self again. Delete if there.

Reset phone. Your done. Works on every single rom ever posted on this forum. I know it is a PIA, but when you find a rom you like, it won't need to be done again.

Blade, check the thread we had, I'm going to have updates.

http://www.ppcgeeks.com/forums/showthread.php?t=62073

Last edited by jpwhre; 07-08-2010 at 09:06 PM.
Old 09-30-2009, 02:02 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC EVO/no root
Carrier: Sprint

jpwhre knows their stuffjpwhre knows their stuffjpwhre knows their stuffjpwhre knows their stuffjpwhre knows their stuffjpwhre knows their stuff
Send a message via AIM to jpwhre Send a message via MSN to jpwhre Send a message via Yahoo to jpwhre

I provided a doc that shows how to do all of it without the 3 cabs. But you have to have arcsoft on your device that will give you pic/video/mms options in text msg menu. It is in the thread I posted above.
Old 09-30-2009, 10:36 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Cricket

Xx_xBLADEx_xX is a n00b

Hey JP yeah I have been messing with the settings. I've actually got everything working with your settings along with some of my tweaks. I'll be writing a doc with your steps along with mine sometime soon. I did however skip DCD's Cab and changed the Arcsoft cab to another version. Works like a charm. Of course from there is when you have to start entering things manually in the Registry, but if I could figure out how to make a cab that would install Arcsoft followed by the specific edits, and then ask you for a phone number and then finish the install would be a great thing for cricket users.
Old 10-01-2009, 12:27 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: 6700 (cracked screen), TP(cracked screen)
Carrier: PPCGeeks ;D

Boritato is a n00b

Why don't you guys unpack Isriam's ROM and extract his Arcsoft from there?

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro