PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-28-2009, 07:57 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC touch Pro (alltel)
Carrier: Alltel

kinger9 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Cant figure out registry tweak

HI guys,

Total newb with the phone but I installed total commander registry editor and was looking for the touch screen sensitivty HKEY_LOCAL files and I cant find any HKEY_LOCAL files, where do you access all them? It just brings up like another windows explorer menu. I appreciate the help on such a simple task. Thanks!
Old 09-28-2009, 08:10 PM
Give him the KICK!!!
Pocket PC: HTC EVO w/TP as a Back Up
Carrier: sprint

dschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Re: Cant figure out registry tweak

greetings. not sure if this what your looking for, but this is the tweak from the stickied essentials thread. Go to HKLM/Drivers/Touchpanel/pressurethreshold default i read is 27 but changing it to 240 is whats recommended. hope that helps
dschoenike

Old 09-28-2009, 08:12 PM
Suuuper Geeenius
Pocket PC: hTc RhodiumW (Touch Pro2)
Carrier: Sprint

horndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to horndoctor

I recommend you use phm regeditor instead of TC for reg edits. I believe you are looking for HKLM. That's your starting point.
Old 09-28-2009, 08:39 PM
Give him the KICK!!!

dschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributions

Quote:
Originally Posted by horndoctor View Post
I recommend you use phm regeditor instead of TC for reg edits. I believe you are looking for HKLM. That's your starting point.
Thanks for clarifing that. i wasnt sure if he needed the tweak, or to find HKLM first. thanks,
dschoenike
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 09-28-2009, 08:52 PM
Suuuper Geeenius
Pocket PC: hTc RhodiumW (Touch Pro2)
Carrier: Sprint

horndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to horndoctor

lolActually, I think we were both responding at the same time. That is the correct edit so I think you helped more than I did.
Old 09-28-2009, 10:00 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

kinger9 is a n00b

Thanks guys, but is my problem, i cant find hlkm, file it just shows programs, my documents, etc like im in exploer on widows desktop. i also tried phmregedit and it would not install, it was a .msi file though again im a newb and not sure how to get this stuff on my phone. i just want to play with the sensitivity and a few other tweaks on the essentials sticky. if i could just find the darn HKLM file folder LOL.

thanks
Old 09-28-2009, 10:22 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

kinger9 is a n00b

Well im getting closer, i got phmregedit for a 2000 smartphone installed and I can finally see the HKEY_LOCAL folder but when i click on it there is nothing in there, just goes blank. Did i get the qrong phm editor? thanks
Old 09-28-2009, 10:47 PM
Give him the KICK!!!

Im not super saavy when it comes to registry tweaks and alike, but i do know of a great app with a very solid registry editor, and more. Its called memmaid, and there is a free 7 day fully featured trial. Personally speaking, its a must have app. Wont hurt to try, and youll be able to do your registry tweaks.
dschoenike
Old 09-28-2009, 10:58 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

kinger9 is a n00b

Got it! used total commander and found the files under //plugins then registry and was abled to tweak the sensiti ty and touchlo perfomance cachfts from 1 to 32728 and she is smoking now! thanks a ton guys!
Old 09-28-2009, 11:12 PM
Super Senior VIP Member
Pocket PC: Nexus 6p
Carrier: Att StraightTalk

psycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Send a message via MSN to psycho_maniac Send a message via Skype™ to psycho_maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by horndoctor View Post
doc why do you recommend phm over total commander? just curious. you think its easier for newer people or do you like it more?

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro