PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-28-2009, 02:59 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro (Sprint)
Carrier: Sprint

WhiteWidow is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
How to reply with a different email address? - Gmail Sync

Loving the new gmail sync but here is my issue. I have my gmail account I use for family and friends, then I have my work account forwarded to my gmail account. I have my work account set up in gmail to be able to sent through it. Works fine via gmail on my computer, but how do I choose how to send mail from a different account. When I reply to a work mail account email it sends as my gmail account and cc's my work account so then I get a copy of what I just sent. Any ideas how to send and reply from my work account? I think somehow gmail should see that I have sending from my work account enabled and route it accordingly.
Old 09-28-2009, 04:01 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

a_c_s is keeping up the good worka_c_s is keeping up the good worka_c_s is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: How to reply with a different email address? - Gmail Sync

Trying to figure that out myself today and not sure there's an easy answer... I've been using Flexmail personally which allows IMAP IDLE push with gmail and allows you to send from and reply to multiple accounts... The program is under $30 and well worth a look if you can't sort this out with the internal email system... the main issue I have is not only choosing which account to send from, but the name that actually appears in the sig line... when I send from the PC using internal email on the phone, it shows as sent from the sig line I set, but when sent from the phone, it lists as sent from my gmail account... I do not have this issue with flexmail, which is why I am using that option currently...

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro