PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-27-2009, 08:17 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Sprint HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

vindication84 is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to vindication84
fraud?

okay, so my tp got water damaged. i've tried every trick in the book to get it working again, and no dice. i would file an insurance claim through asurion for water damage, but i'm afraid that my phone will work when i send it in (my sisters old razr had water damage and then worked after a while of drying) and they'll see my custom rom. I was thinking about filing it as lost and just storing my old brick tp away. i'm not going to be using it and it'll be as good as lost, but is this considered insurance fraud? i dont know.. i have a conscience and i'd feel weird about doing it.
#1 Sprint HTC Touch Pro- Got it wet, did Asurion replacement
#2 Sprint HTC Touch Pro- Got it NIB, but keyboard died after 2.5 months
#3 Sprint HTC Touch Pro- Refurb, hardware problems. Yuck.
#4 Sprint HTC Touch Pro- Refurb, slow keyboard decay, hoping for a Touch Pro2!
Old 09-27-2009, 08:31 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: VZN TP
Carrier: VZN

Mylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Re: fraud?

jut file the insurance claim. they really dont care.
Old 09-27-2009, 08:40 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

i know.. i just feel weird.
Old 09-27-2009, 08:46 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: iPhone 6 Plus Space Gray 128GB Jailbroken

piscesjoey knows their stuffpiscesjoey knows their stuffpiscesjoey knows their stuffpiscesjoey knows their stuffpiscesjoey knows their stuffpiscesjoey knows their stuffpiscesjoey knows their stuff
Send a message via AIM to piscesjoey Send a message via Yahoo to piscesjoey Send a message via Skype™ to piscesjoey

Quote:
Originally Posted by vindication84 View Post
i know.. i just feel weird.
Just think about how long you been paying that extra 7 bucks a month and add it all up....
Old 09-27-2009, 08:57 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by piscesjoey View Post
Just think about how long you been paying that extra 7 bucks a month and add it all up....
4 months. so 28 bucks? lol
Old 09-27-2009, 09:09 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Fuze
Carrier: ATT

k_semler is becoming a PPCGeeks regulark_semler is becoming a PPCGeeks regulark_semler is becoming a PPCGeeks regulark_semler is becoming a PPCGeeks regulark_semler is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via AIM to k_semler Send a message via MSN to k_semler Send a message via Yahoo to k_semler Send a message via Skype™ to k_semler

Yes, it technically is fraud, (replacement for other then stated reason), but you're still left with a NF unit, so it's not like you're gaining something if you file it as lost instead of water damage. If you really want to test it out, don't file the claim yet, and disassemble the unit. (HTC TP service manual can be found in my 4shared in the Raphael section), and dry the parts over a slow heat, (buried in dry white rice), for a couple days. After the parts are 100% dry, reassemble the unit, and try powering it on. If that doesn't work, then do your claim for water damage.
Baseband: UCKJ3
Kernel: 2.6.35.7 - I997RUXG3-CL366622 user@netbook #Infusion-GB-CoreA
Old 09-27-2009, 09:10 PM
Give him the KICK!!!
Pocket PC: HTC EVO w/TP as a Back Up
Carrier: sprint

dschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributions

Well, you didnt do it on purpose, so that should ease your mind. And im just guessing here, but your TP will probably still be broke when they receive it (if you go that route). my vote is to send it in.. Im sure it'll work out fine. my 2 cents.
dschoenike

Old 09-27-2009, 09:12 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Samsung Epic Touch 4G

Imaginos knows their stuffImaginos knows their stuffImaginos knows their stuffImaginos knows their stuffImaginos knows their stuffImaginos knows their stuff
Send a message via ICQ to Imaginos

Your handset is inop, it has signs of water damage - no brainer. File a claim or have a local repair center do it for you. $100 later, you're back in business.
Old 09-27-2009, 09:16 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Fuze
Carrier: ATT

k_semler is becoming a PPCGeeks regulark_semler is becoming a PPCGeeks regulark_semler is becoming a PPCGeeks regulark_semler is becoming a PPCGeeks regulark_semler is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via AIM to k_semler Send a message via MSN to k_semler Send a message via Yahoo to k_semler Send a message via Skype™ to k_semler

Quote:
Originally Posted by dschoenike View Post
Well, you didnt do it on purpose, so that should ease your mind. And im just guessing here, but your TP will probably still be broke when they receive it (if you go that route). my vote is to send it in.. Im sure it'll work out fine. my 2 cents.
dschoenike
I agree w/ the above poster. Before my TP, I had the Kaiser w/ a custom ROM. It wouldn't power on, (water damage), so I called in an insurance claim, got my TP, and sent my Kaiser back to them. I got billed the standard $125 deductible, and I never got a call about having a custom ROM on it. That phone was FUBAR once my tobacco water hit it in the powered on state, and I'm just glad I had insurance.

Chances are, the damaged unit is FUBAR unless you disassemble it and dry it. If you don't do that, then just file the claim to get a replacement unit. (if you're time is worth more then the $125 deductible, just replace the damn thing). It's not like you dropped it in the toilet (or whatever), on purpose.
Old 09-27-2009, 09:18 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC TouchPro (VZW)
Carrier: Verizon

Asphyx is becoming a PPCGeeks regularAsphyx is becoming a PPCGeeks regularAsphyx is becoming a PPCGeeks regularAsphyx is becoming a PPCGeeks regularAsphyx is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Just file the claim...

In Future, anyone who accidentally gives their phone a bath I suggest trying this:

1 - Put the phone into a bag of Rice and leave it out in the sunlight.
2 - I always save those little packets of Silica gel (they say do not eat! LOL) that come with many electronic device packaging. Save them all and keep then in a plastic bag and use that instead of rice.

Both methods give you the best shot at saving a phone that went swimming!
But no guarantees...

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro