PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-27-2009, 12:14 AM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC EVO/no root
Carrier: Sprint

jpwhre knows their stuffjpwhre knows their stuffjpwhre knows their stuffjpwhre knows their stuffjpwhre knows their stuffjpwhre knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to jpwhre Send a message via MSN to jpwhre Send a message via Yahoo to jpwhre
virus help

so i had a pro unlocked, and flashed using on cricket for 6+ months. 1 day while using nrg rom, i started getting black screen, then started getting screen acting funny and image of home screen mixing up and acting funny and jumping. dismissed it as an old phone, burnt up and done. well i switched to sprint, bought fresh and new device, ran for 2 days stock and locked. Yesterday i unlocked and flashed it to nrg. tooday i tried to respond thru phone to a thread here and while "manage attachments" it blacked out. first thing i did was pull card, put in pc and scan with norten. came up with 1 infection and fixed it (as many times i tried, it wouldn't give details on what it was) i then flashed tech 1 rom just to get nrg off and stil get black screen. how do i rid the virus off both devices? it must have embeded it's self on devices an pluging into pc, thru my computer/mobile device, i cant run norten. i was running flexlis antivirus on first device and still got hit. please help, i want to stay with sprint, and don't want to replace phone after 3 days.
Old 09-27-2009, 12:18 AM
DaFlowMaster
Pocket PC: TP2 IPHONE 3GS 5.1.1
Carrier: GSM...

HBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Send a message via AIM to HBOOT
Re: virus help

Dude, this is Bizarre what u describing. Just friggin do a hard reset....
Old 09-27-2009, 01:04 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Sprint Touch Pro 2

frazell is becoming a PPCGeeks regularfrazell is becoming a PPCGeeks regularfrazell is becoming a PPCGeeks regularfrazell is becoming a PPCGeeks regularfrazell is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Agreed just do a hard reset and possibly swap ROMs...

A virus is highly unlikely as there aren't any major Windows Mobile viruses to my knowledge...

Also, a "PC" virus can't infect Windows Mobile because the CPU archetectures are not the same. Windows Mobile uses the ARM9 CPU Instruction Set and a "PC" uses Intel's x86 Instruction Set. They aren't interchangable.
Free Disposable Email: MyTrashMail
Old 09-27-2009, 01:17 AM
Almost a VIP
Threadstarter

jpwhre knows their stuffjpwhre knows their stuffjpwhre knows their stuffjpwhre knows their stuffjpwhre knows their stuffjpwhre knows their stuff
Send a message via AIM to jpwhre Send a message via MSN to jpwhre Send a message via Yahoo to jpwhre

it may seem wierd to you guys, but i have switched rom after rom. i had the issue show up out of nowhere, swapped rom for rom, still same effect. so i bought a new phone, switched to sprint, and couple days later this happened. found virous and hope noerten killed it, went to tech1 and stil get black screen. switched back to nrg, still have issues. noow i can't log on to gmail with ie or operaa on sprint device. i hope i didn't dicard first device cause virus. could still sell it if i could elem it. omg sprint blows away my broadband thru cricket on wifi net connection.
Old 09-27-2009, 01:19 AM
Almost a VIP
Threadstarter

mem card has been removed for while. doing hard reset now. will report. (thread started and replied on phone)
Old 09-27-2009, 09:07 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Sprint Touch Pro

Visor is becoming a great contributor

If you suspect your memory card is the source of the infection you should format it. This will remove any possible infection (as well as all files and data on the card). If there is an infection on the card I'm not sure Norton for the PC would be the right tool to find and fix it. Probably need an AV designed for WM.

Just my 2 cents.....
Old 09-27-2009, 09:19 AM
morsus mihi
Pocket PC: iPhone 4
Carrier: AT&T

schettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)

There are no winmo viruses in the wild. You're having hardware issues or, if you change roms but install the same apps, one of the apps you're installing is the issue.
Old 09-27-2009, 11:45 AM
VIP PATROL
Pocket PC: EVO 4G/3D
Carrier: SPRINT

JAVIERBOND007 is halfway to VIP status based on repJAVIERBOND007 is halfway to VIP status based on repJAVIERBOND007 is halfway to VIP status based on repJAVIERBOND007 is halfway to VIP status based on repJAVIERBOND007 is halfway to VIP status based on repJAVIERBOND007 is halfway to VIP status based on repJAVIERBOND007 is halfway to VIP status based on repJAVIERBOND007 is halfway to VIP status based on repJAVIERBOND007 is halfway to VIP status based on repJAVIERBOND007 is halfway to VIP status based on repJAVIERBOND007 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to JAVIERBOND007 Send a message via MSN to JAVIERBOND007 Send a message via Yahoo to JAVIERBOND007

Quote:
Originally Posted by schettj View Post
There are no winmo viruses in the wild. You're having hardware issues or, if you change roms but install the same apps, one of the apps you're installing is the issue.
I was thinking the samething about installing the same apps.

Old 09-27-2009, 12:47 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

yerp is becoming a PPCGeeks regularyerp is becoming a PPCGeeks regularyerp is becoming a PPCGeeks regularyerp is becoming a PPCGeeks regularyerp is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by schettj View Post
wow....that is just plain WRONG....do not listen to this guy.....format your sdcard and reflash a stock carrier rom.

there are actually MANY windows mobile "viruses"....keyloggers, data corrupters, call and sms recorders, there are ones that can hard reset your phone and there are even ones that can turn your phone into a "bug" and secretly listen to you in your pocket and track you through your gps. your statement is extremely naive.....newer builds of WM may or may not be immune to some of these, but i know for a fact that one of the worst(is capable of all of the above bad things) does work on a stock sprint rom.

it is true that the average Windows virus does not spread to WM, please don't think for a second that none exist that can jump from a pc to a phone or that WM itself is not a target for viruses....as more people use WM it is more and more of a target. one thing i haven't heard of is a "worm" for WM, but i would not be surprised if one is developed soon or already exists.....as we become more reliant on them and do more things with them, they become more and more attractive to the bad guys....

Last edited by yerp; 09-27-2009 at 02:11 PM. Reason: formatting and spelling
Old 09-28-2009, 10:46 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: EVO Swift

Bradleyj44 is just getting started
Send a message via AIM to Bradleyj44

I had the same problem exactly, i don't believe it was a virus. I had a hardware problem with my touch screen from the wires issue and the screen acted exactly as you are describing. It is completley covered under the insurance program and if you havent had the phone very long they should waive the deduct since it's an issue with the phone they gave you.
Rocking my replacement and so far so good .

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro