PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-26-2009, 12:46 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Sprint Hero
Carrier: Sprint

ElAguila is keeping up the good workElAguila is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Display speed

I was working on my brother's Touch Vogue this morning and it struck me as to how snappy the graphics respond on a qvga device. Is there anyone to speed up the graphics on a Touch Pro other than using the ati d3d driver and changing the glyphcache settings?
Old 09-26-2009, 05:30 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G

RicoRich196 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularRicoRich196 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularRicoRich196 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularRicoRich196 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Re: Display speed

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElAguila View Post
I was working on my brother's Touch Vogue this morning and it struck me as to how snappy the graphics respond on a qvga device. Is there anyone to speed up the graphics on a Touch Pro other than using the ati d3d driver and changing the glyphcache settings?
What do you mean how fast the graphics respond?
You know me? I can spot a Swan from a Duck
My approach? Smoother than an Armani tux
Old 09-26-2009, 08:18 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC TouchPro2 CDMA
Carrier: Alltel (Verizon)

codybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIP

qvga = quarter vga, meaning it's resolution is only a quarter of the size of vga(what our tp's are.)

meaning that the vogue only has to work a quarter as hard as our TP to display each screen. Besides, the vogue is a beast of a beast and I was kinda sad the day I decided to upgrade to the TP, but I personally needed a keyboard.
Old 09-26-2009, 08:42 PM
iPhone Killer
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G

dwizzy130 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdwizzy130 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdwizzy130 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdwizzy130 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdwizzy130 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdwizzy130 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdwizzy130 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdwizzy130 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdwizzy130 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdwizzy130 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdwizzy130 should be added to the payroll for their contributions

Quote:
Originally Posted by codybear View Post
qvga = quarter vga, meaning it's resolution is only a quarter of the size of vga(what our tp's are.)

meaning that the vogue only has to work a quarter as hard as our TP to display each screen. Besides, the vogue is a beast of a beast and I was kinda sad the day I decided to upgrade to the TP, but I personally needed a keyboard.
QVGA= 240 X 320 px
VGA= 480 X 640 px
QVGA is half of the resolution of VGA.

QVGA has 76800 Pixels.
VGA has 307200 Pixels.
QVGA does have a quarter of the number of pixels but only half the resolution of VGA.

dwizzy130

Old 09-26-2009, 10:48 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Evo

subhumanderelict is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsubhumanderelict is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsubhumanderelict is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsubhumanderelict is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via AIM to subhumanderelict

Quote:
Originally Posted by dwizzy130 View Post
QVGA= 240 X 320 px
VGA= 480 X 640 px
QVGA is half of the resolution of VGA.

QVGA has 76800 Pixels.
VGA has 307200 Pixels.
QVGA does have a quarter of the number of pixels but only half the resolution of VGA.

dwizzy130
Hmm... after re-reading this carefully, I think you might be right. I may have been under the wrong impression this whole time in regards to how resolution is actually affected by the number of pixels. I know resolution to be defined as the ability to differentiate between two objects, but does resolution only double when the number of pixels is quadrupled? Is it like how brightness of an light drops as the square of the distance?

Last edited by subhumanderelict; 09-26-2009 at 11:34 PM. Reason: revisited logic
Old 09-26-2009, 11:02 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Sprint Hero
Threadstarter

ElAguila is keeping up the good workElAguila is keeping up the good work

I understand that the vogue is only qvga. I just wished if they were going to make a vga phone they would have given it a little more muscle when changing from screen to screen. Oh well. Like they always say, there is a price for progress.

Last edited by ElAguila; 09-26-2009 at 11:44 PM.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro