PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-26-2009, 01:50 AM
Account Disabled
Pocket PC: HTC Shooter/Schubert 32GB
Carrier: T-Mobile

Dr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 26 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
over-heating

i have spent the last couple of days on the phone with sprint techs...the chrome-flaking, voice command and other problems are noted by sprint as known issues...but no note on over-heating and the ability to not charge after over-heating. we here all know about this, but sprint doesn't. so, let's start telling sprint about this!
Old 09-26-2009, 02:04 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint/Nextel

ink718 is keeping up the good workink718 is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to ink718
Re: over-heating

Yea. Its a known and regular issue in the TP. What I do is, I take the back cover off when am using and charging it. It helps to keep it cooler and keeps charging. Or when I goto sleep and leave AIM on, I take the battery cover off and place the TP upside down so it won't over heat and stay on charge.

Don't forget to say thanx! ;]
Old 09-26-2009, 02:19 AM
Account Disabled
Pocket PC: HTC Shooter/Schubert 32GB
Carrier: T-Mobile
Threadstarter

Dr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 26 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ink718 View Post
Yea. Its a known and regular issue in the TP. What I do is, I take the back cover off when am using and charging it. It helps to keep it cooler and keeps charging. Or when I goto sleep and leave AIM on, I take the battery cover off and place the TP upside down so it won't over heat and stay on charge.
did you know that you can download movies or clips over the air? if you do know, try doing that while your tp is charging...it will over-heat. try using your gps for more than an hour...it will over-heat. sprint doesn't know these things, so let's tell them.
Old 09-26-2009, 03:08 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Carrier: Sprint/Nextel

ink718 is keeping up the good workink718 is keeping up the good work
Send a message via Yahoo to ink718

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr.8820 View Post
did you know that you can download movies or clips over the air? if you do know, try doing that while your tp is charging...it will over-heat. try using your gps for more than an hour...it will over-heat. sprint doesn't know these things, so let's tell them.
Thats what I meant when I mentioned about AIM. Try downloading a movie/clip with out back cover off and leave it on charge. Also place the TP on the screen. Meaning upside down. It won't heat up that way.
Old 09-26-2009, 03:21 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Diamond
Carrier: Sprint

Biker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Sprint may already know but are not admitting to it.
The over heating issue is occurring on ALL the devices.
The other issues such as screen separation are occurring on some of the devices.
If Sprint admitted to there being an Overheating Problem, they might be open to exchanging or replacing ALL of the devices.
Just my take on the situation.
And a few registry tweaks
HTC DIAMOND DISASSEMBLY/ASSEMBLY/PARTS/REPAIR HELP HERE >

"They who would give up an essential liberty for temporary security, deserve neither liberty or security"
-Ben Franklin
Old 09-26-2009, 10:04 AM
N00b

jayr0422 is just getting started

I agree with Biker1... they know the phones overheat. do you think if we all complain about it they will give us all new phones for free? LOL u wish
Old 09-26-2009, 11:26 AM
morsus mihi
Pocket PC: iPhone 4
Carrier: AT&T

schettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)

Are you guys running stock roms? Have you tried the latest one released a day or so ago?

I'm wondering because I run a 6.5 rom and updated radio, and that improves the heat issues a bit.

Also, I've had good luck leaving the device slid open to keep it cooler.
Old 09-26-2009, 12:17 PM
Banned User
Pocket PC: yo mama
Carrier: yo daddy

Exil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr.8820 View Post
i have spent the last couple of days on the phone with sprint techs...the chrome-flaking, voice command and other problems are noted by sprint as known issues...but no note on over-heating and the ability to not charge after over-heating. we here all know about this, but sprint doesn't. so, let's start telling sprint about this!
I tired to get Sprint to swap it out for the Pro2 bacuse of the issues you mentioned and they would not budge. When I brought up the overheating issue they said its because its a new processor and its draws more power. They even said it might be the car charger thats a quick charge that over heatinbg it. I told them its a regular charger and it charges normally. They said.."Then its because its a new powerful CPU.". lol. They pretend its not a issue. I mentioned even that I have had all their PPC even from the 6700 days and none had this overheating problem. They said.. "Its becaus eits a new CPU.". LOL. Mindless...
Old 09-26-2009, 12:19 PM
Banned User
Pocket PC: yo mama
Carrier: yo daddy

Exil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by Biker1 View Post
Sprint may already know but are not admitting to it.
The over heating issue is occurring on ALL the devices.
The other issues such as screen separation are occurring on some of the devices.
If Sprint admitted to there being an Overheating Problem, they might be open to exchanging or replacing ALL of the devices.
Just my take on the situation.
Yup, they know because my Sprint store acknowledged it. SO the Sprint CS agents are told to play dumb. Or maybe they are dumb.
Old 09-26-2009, 02:32 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Touch Pro, Touch Pro2, EVO 4G

toviaheli is becoming a PPCGeeks regulartoviaheli is becoming a PPCGeeks regulartoviaheli is becoming a PPCGeeks regulartoviaheli is becoming a PPCGeeks regulartoviaheli is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via AIM to toviaheli Send a message via MSN to toviaheli Send a message via Yahoo to toviaheli Send a message via Skype™ to toviaheli

they know about it. I've spoken with senior management about it. It is a known issue. One of the reasons for the TP2. They don't know if the problem is fixed, however, in the TP2. I can tell you that they LOVED the joke thread about the TP in the refrigerator.

I was told one of them emailed it to their HTC contact.

The Book of GOD: Helping Spiritual orphans know God their Father completely!
The New Book by TOV ROSE www.TovRose.com
Get it now on Amazon.com: http://www.createspace.com/3582133

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro