PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Touch Pro (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=63)
-   -   Where to change data connection timeout and email check frequency? (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=87217)

jagojago 09-25-2009 04:56 PM

Where to change data connection timeout and email check frequency?

I set up my gmail account on my touch pro and initially set it to check every 2 hours. I have since changed my mind and I don't want it to check mail automatically at all, only when I press send/receive. I can't seem to find this setting though, where would it be located? Also a question on data connection, I had a data connection open for 3 hours today just because I had an email open and it drained my battery fast, where is the setting to have the data connection disconnect after a few minutes of inactivity? I have my wifi set up like this, but can't find the setting for the cellular data connection.

Unknown Zone 09-25-2009 08:37 PM

Re: Where to change data connection timeout and email check frequency?

1 Attachment(s)
for you data disconnect..here is a cab that will auto disconnect in 1min if the connection is idle.

Now for the email:
Should be the same i am runing 6.5 go to the email account list where you see all your accounts (Menu/Accounts/Menu/Tools/Options), then select the email account you want to edit....you then should see the "Send/Receive Schedule" go in there and select "Manually"

jagojago 09-25-2009 09:02 PM

Thanks for the cab. I installed it and it said it was successful, did a soft reset and it doesn't seem to be doing anything. Is there some setup or something I have to do to enable it? I couldn't find anything in the utils or settings menus.

Unknown Zone 09-25-2009 09:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jagojago (Post 1194206)
Thanks for the cab. I installed it and it said it was successful, did a soft reset and it doesn't seem to be doing anything. Is there some setup or something I have to do to enable it? I couldn't find anything in the utils or settings menus.

the cab does the changes auto in the reg, no user input....so if you are idle for a 1min time frame it will auto disconnect.

jagojago 09-25-2009 09:13 PM

As far as the mail setup goes, I only have the one account, so when I click menu->accounts the only options I have are New Account or Accounts, and if I click Accounts it just goes to my inbox.

Unknown Zone 09-25-2009 09:40 PM

maybe it is just a tad difference on 6.5

when you are on the inbox....click "menu/tools/options" and you should see your gmail account

that is fine if you can just get to the page that shows your gmail account on the accounts then click on your gmail account to edit and just keep clicking "next" till your reach the the page on setting up the send/receive...then select "Manual"

jagojago 09-25-2009 09:42 PM

The thing is there is no "next" button. When I get to my gmail account and click menu my options are New, Reply, Reply All, Forward, Send/Receive, Follow Up, Mark as Unread, and Move. That's it, nowhere to get to any account settings. edit: I'm retarded, I didn't know I could scroll down for more options!

Unknown Zone 09-25-2009 09:50 PM

that is ok....it is a learning thing....everyting should be fine now.

Rager02 09-27-2009 02:36 AM

Wirelessly posted (Opera/9.5 (Microsoft Windows; PPC; Opera Mobi/17289; U; en))

im on silence rom and trying to figuere out how to put my data to disc. as well i dled that cab but did not do anything for me.