PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-22-2009, 06:24 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Storm -> HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Verizon

probuild521 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
is this a known issue?

so i got my vzw touch pro replaced and have had it for less than a week i look at it today and the whole screen when off is like techni-colored cant really describe it. and it is completely unresponsive. its really only possible to see when the screen is off. last time i called about an issue they had no idea what it was, is this one common?

thanks
Old 09-22-2009, 06:43 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Sprint HTC Touch Pro 2 Metro Pcs WAP MMS Youtube
Carrier: Metro PCS

pimpsuprazx is halfway to VIP status based on reppimpsuprazx is halfway to VIP status based on reppimpsuprazx is halfway to VIP status based on reppimpsuprazx is halfway to VIP status based on reppimpsuprazx is halfway to VIP status based on reppimpsuprazx is halfway to VIP status based on reppimpsuprazx is halfway to VIP status based on reppimpsuprazx is halfway to VIP status based on reppimpsuprazx is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Re: is this a known issue?

Quote:
Originally Posted by probuild521 View Post
so i got my vzw touch pro replaced and have had it for less than a week i look at it today and the whole screen when off is like techni-colored cant really describe it. and it is completely unresponsive. its really only possible to see when the screen is off. last time i called about an issue they had no idea what it was, is this one common?

thanks
It's not the bootloader screen right? I have it it on another touch pro, sprint, I think a flex cable could be going bad.
Old 09-22-2009, 09:09 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

probuild521 is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by pimpsuprazx View Post
It's not the bootloader screen right? I have it it on another touch pro, sprint, I think a flex cable could be going bad.
no i can see everything load properly, just in the background its multi-colored, easiest to see when phone is off.
Old 09-22-2009, 09:23 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: EVO
Carrier: Sprint

zone23 should be added to the payroll for their contributionszone23 should be added to the payroll for their contributionszone23 should be added to the payroll for their contributionszone23 should be added to the payroll for their contributionszone23 should be added to the payroll for their contributionszone23 should be added to the payroll for their contributionszone23 should be added to the payroll for their contributionszone23 should be added to the payroll for their contributionszone23 should be added to the payroll for their contributionszone23 should be added to the payroll for their contributionszone23 should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)

I have not heard of this but I don't know it all someone will be along shortly.. anyway sounds like hardware return it to the store for a replacement. Remember if you flashed it you will have to return it to stock.
Old 09-22-2009, 11:53 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

Cyorke is a n00b

do you mean like a rainbow effect in the middle of the screen? Does it sorta look like when oil has water spilled on it in a parking lot. I have the same thing on my SPrint TP. I can see itg mostly when it is powered off but if held at the correct angle can see it when powered on. It almost looks like the laminated pieces in the screen are seperating. I plan on taking mine to the local SPrint store as soon as I can.
Old 09-23-2009, 01:18 AM
ѕнρ ѕоfтшаяє
Pocket PC: EVO4G
Carrier: sprinт

Cicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIP

Take a picture?
Old 09-23-2009, 01:35 AM
Mobileunderground.info
Pocket PC: HD2
Carrier: T-Mobile

bikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the community
Send a message via AIM to bikeandestroyx Send a message via MSN to bikeandestroyx

ive had 4 touch pros with this problem, and my diamond has it currently. It is a know issue, but verizon denies the fact that it is so big..
They will still replace your phone though, if you have had 3 replacements in 90 days you can call them up and ask about getting a different comparable phone, most likely they will offer you the diamond. Tell them it is the same phone same hardware, which means it has the same problem and you need the keyboard, they will probably tell you your out of luck. Politely ask them to talk to a tier 2 tech support person. From there you should have better luck, if they still tell you only the diamond, tell them you will think about it.
Call back and repeat!
I had to call back a second time for them to finally transfer me to a tier 2 tech support. I had to pay $40 for taxes but they sent me the tp2 as a replacement. Its new in box and i will be receiving it tomorrow
Old 09-23-2009, 08:15 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: EVO

zone23 should be added to the payroll for their contributionszone23 should be added to the payroll for their contributionszone23 should be added to the payroll for their contributionszone23 should be added to the payroll for their contributionszone23 should be added to the payroll for their contributionszone23 should be added to the payroll for their contributionszone23 should be added to the payroll for their contributionszone23 should be added to the payroll for their contributionszone23 should be added to the payroll for their contributionszone23 should be added to the payroll for their contributionszone23 should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bikeandestroyx View Post
ive had 4 touch pros with this problem, and my diamond has it currently. It is a know issue, but verizon denies the fact that it is so big..
They will still replace your phone though, if you have had 3 replacements in 90 days you can call them up and ask about getting a different comparable phone, most likely they will offer you the diamond. Tell them it is the same phone same hardware, which means it has the same problem and you need the keyboard, they will probably tell you your out of luck. Politely ask them to talk to a tier 2 tech support person. From there you should have better luck, if they still tell you only the diamond, tell them you will think about it.
Call back and repeat!
I had to call back a second time for them to finally transfer me to a tier 2 tech support. I had to pay $40 for taxes but they sent me the tp2 as a replacement. Its new in box and i will be receiving it tomorrow
What makes you think he wants a TP2? Not everyone is out to get one.. Actually HTC has a couple of phones around the corner that are going to be even better, that's the problem with tech. By the time your get it its already obsolete. Thanks for the info though.

My TP form Sprint has no rainbow and this is my second one, first one the chrome started cracking.
Old 09-23-2009, 11:12 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

probuild521 is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyorke View Post
do you mean like a rainbow effect in the middle of the screen? Does it sorta look like when oil has water spilled on it in a parking lot. I have the same thing on my SPrint TP. I can see itg mostly when it is powered off but if held at the correct angle can see it when powered on. It almost looks like the laminated pieces in the screen are seperating. I plan on taking mine to the local SPrint store as soon as I can.
that is exactly it at first it was like the size of a thumb print in the middle not its pretty much the entire screen
Old 09-23-2009, 11:13 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

probuild521 is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by bikeandestroyx View Post
Call back and repeat!
this is what i have done to get away from my blackberry storm thinking the tp is better. def not both phones are equal crap that arnt reliable. what are the odds they'd do it again in like 60days?

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro