PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-23-2009, 10:05 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: htc pro
Carrier: sprint

1lowdingo is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
selling tp do i need to load stock rom? sprint

if i sell my touch pro, do i need to load the stock rom and relock it? or can i leave the energy rom on it. will the purchaser be able to activate it fine, or will the rom cause him issues?
Old 09-23-2009, 10:19 AM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: Evo Shift
Carrier: Sprint SEP 4G

elmerfudpucker knows their stuffelmerfudpucker knows their stuffelmerfudpucker knows their stuffelmerfudpucker knows their stuffelmerfudpucker knows their stuffelmerfudpucker knows their stuffelmerfudpucker knows their stuff
Send a message via MSN to elmerfudpucker
Re: selling tp do i need to load stock rom? sprint

I would leave that up to the buyer, let them know that the rom you have on it is better but you will reflash it if needed, it would sweeten the deal if they want it.
"He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion."
Old 09-23-2009, 10:36 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Droid X
Carrier: Verizon

razorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation level
Send a message via Yahoo to razorloves

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1lowdingo View Post
if i sell my touch pro, do i need to load the stock rom and relock it? or can i leave the energy rom on it. will the purchaser be able to activate it fine, or will the rom cause him issues?
chances are the person buying it doesn't know anything about flashing, so if he needed to turn it in for warranty or insurance claim....he would have problems. So, it's probably best to flash to shipped rom and relock.
Old 09-23-2009, 10:38 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: EVO
Carrier: Sprint

zone23 should be added to the payroll for their contributionszone23 should be added to the payroll for their contributionszone23 should be added to the payroll for their contributionszone23 should be added to the payroll for their contributionszone23 should be added to the payroll for their contributionszone23 should be added to the payroll for their contributionszone23 should be added to the payroll for their contributionszone23 should be added to the payroll for their contributionszone23 should be added to the payroll for their contributionszone23 should be added to the payroll for their contributionszone23 should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)

I would flash back and lock let them figure it out, takes the liability off your shoulders. Are you going to provide support for them? What if they have problem and take it to the sprint store. People are stupid I would not leave it flashed and unlocked.
Old 09-23-2009, 01:13 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: EVO/BOLD/Photon
Carrier: Sprint!

relisted is keeping up the good workrelisted is keeping up the good work
Send a message via AIM to relisted Send a message via Skype™ to relisted

deff flash back to stock rom and relock. i didnt do that to my old htc touch when i sold it on CL and they got pissed cuz they went straight in and tried to get it replaced with insurance

If someone helps you,click the "THANKS" button!
Or consider donating to chef or your rom!
Old 09-23-2009, 04:00 PM
Super Senior VIP Member
Pocket PC: Nexus 6p
Carrier: Att StraightTalk

psycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Send a message via MSN to psycho_maniac Send a message via Skype™ to psycho_maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by razorloves View Post
chances are the person buying it doesn't know anything about flashing, so if he needed to turn it in for warranty or insurance claim....he would have problems. So, it's probably best to flash to shipped rom and relock.
agreed. i was just about to say the same thing here.

for safety just flash it to stock and relock it. the guy will never know. unless he finds this site haha and learns to flash it himself.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro