PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-25-2009, 11:48 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Hero, Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

boredmug is becoming a PPCGeeks regularboredmug is becoming a PPCGeeks regularboredmug is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Have an upgrade coming in November.. Opinions?

Well i currently have the original Touch pro i bought last year in November. It has served me well. I'm due an upgrade and i'm weighing my options.. Touch pro 2 screen size is nice, but im having a hard time justifying paying all the money for basically the same phone with a bigger screen. I've also been considering the Hero, but a few things concern me. I feel like the screen resolution is a downgrade.. Also i'm not gunna like losing Excel as i use it to keep and send my timesheet for work. I do like my hardware keyboard also, but i think i could get used to an onscreen one with capacitive screen. I really like the look of the sense UI on the Hero and android in general. Once again though the specs as far as ram and processor speed on the hero are identical to the TP and TP2. WHAT I'm really curious about is the LEO! Anyone think this phone will be coming out anytime in 2010? I'm considering waiting for it. I've read around on the internet that it may be released as early as THIS December.

Last edited by boredmug; 09-25-2009 at 11:53 PM.
Old 09-26-2009, 09:19 AM
i like turtles
Pocket PC: Fascinate (Galaxy S)
Carrier: Verizon

chronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Have an upgrade coming in November.. Opinions?

Wow, me and you are in EXACTLY the same boat! LOL

I have been thinking it over, and over, and over again. The final decision I always land on is simple: Take the credit from Sprint and put it towards a touch pro 2, try it out for 20 days or so, and sell my touch pro for 200-250 on ebay if I like it, or feel it's worth the upgrade.

The hero looks really cool, but you have to remember, people are working every day to bring android to the touch pro, and more than likely, the touch pro 2 as well (because of such similar hardware.)

So my suggestion is this: Get the touch pro 2 in November, sell your touch pro, and when Leo comes out (which really might not be until next November) consider the price of a TP2 on ebay vs a TP as well. Next year you will not be getting as much for your touch pro as you would this year. It's sort of like those people who drive a new car for a year or so, sell it, and then get another new car. If done right, the cost is minimal and they always have the latest and greatest.

BTW, when November rolls around, we might be seeing some custom roms for the TP2 by then, so keep that in mind as well.

Last edited by chronster; 09-26-2009 at 09:21 AM.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro