PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-22-2009, 01:21 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

Cyorke is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Bootloader Question.

So as I have mentioned before on here I am really new to the whole PPC thing. I have a question though about the bootloader. I keep reading that you have to hold multiple buttons for it to load. There have been times when I am just turning the phone on adn it goes into the bootlaoder. I am thinnking that I may be pushing the volume button at the same time by accident. SO that is no big deal I know what I am doing to cause it. My question is this, how do I get out of it once it starts. I am not trying to flash my phone or anything like that I am just accidentally going into the bootloader. It has happened 3-4 times in the last 2 weeks and the only way I have been able to get it to go away is remove the battery.

Also I have never done any major hacks to it or anything like that but when it comes up it says "security unlocked" is this normal in that screen. I have read some articels here and on other forums about a SPL unlock but I have never done that.

By the way it is a stock TP from Sprint, only thing done to it is some .cab files for force roaming, internet sharing and a theme or two from Godzson.
Old 09-22-2009, 03:17 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Fuze
Carrier: ATT

k_semler is becoming a PPCGeeks regulark_semler is becoming a PPCGeeks regulark_semler is becoming a PPCGeeks regulark_semler is becoming a PPCGeeks regulark_semler is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via AIM to k_semler Send a message via MSN to k_semler Send a message via Yahoo to k_semler Send a message via Skype™ to k_semler
Re: Bootloader Question.

To get into boot loader mode: Soft reset + Pwr + Vol Dn. To get out: Normal soft reset. No button combo needed.

On CDMA devices, (sprint, Verizeon, Telus), It will say so. However, unless you have installed a custom SPL, chances are that your device is NOT unlocked. Can you flash whatever CDMA radio and rom you can possibly want to your device If yes, it's unlocked. If no, it's not. The "test" process is easier with GSM devices. If it is 1.90.Olinex, it's unocked, otherwise, it's not unlocked, and you need to pay the $15e to unlock it, (SPL, Security, and radio unlock).

Your device probably is not unlocked. Count on spending max $20e to get it done, (doing it youself). Or do you mean a simple SIM unlock as used in GSM devices?
Baseband: UCKJ3
Kernel: 2.6.35.7 - I997RUXG3-CL366622 user@netbook #Infusion-GB-CoreA
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 09-22-2009, 03:34 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Droid X
Carrier: Verizon

razorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation level
Send a message via Yahoo to razorloves

Quote:
Originally Posted by k_semler View Post
To get into boot loader mode: Soft reset + Pwr + Vol Dn. To get out: Normal soft reset. No button combo needed.

On CDMA devices, (sprint, Verizeon, Telus), It will say so. However, unless you have installed a custom SPL, chances are that your device is NOT unlocked. Can you flash whatever CDMA radio and rom you can possibly want to your device If yes, it's unlocked. If no, it's not. The "test" process is easier with GSM devices. If it is 1.90.Olinex, it's unocked, otherwise, it's not unlocked, and you need to pay the $15e to unlock it, (SPL, Security, and radio unlock).

Your device probably is not unlocked. Count on spending max $20e to get it done, (doing it youself). Or do you mean a simple SIM unlock as used in GSM devices?
to see if his sprint phone is unlocked or locked, he just has to look at the spl version on the bootloader screen.
0.37.0000 = locked
0.37.cmonex = unlocked

you don't have to pay anything to unlock the touch pro. there is a sticky that tells you how to do it very easily.

sim unlock is a different story and does not apply to his sprint cdma touch pro

Last edited by razorloves; 09-22-2009 at 03:40 AM.
Old 09-22-2009, 08:38 AM
Lurker
Threadstarter

Cyorke is a n00b

Thanks for the replies. I just started it up and it is spl 0.37.0000. So it is obviously still locked. I am not really interested in changing anything right now,maybe down the road, So I dont need it unlocked. I was just confused because when that screen does come up it says "security unlocked" at the top of the screen and I know I havent unlocked it and the person I got it from wasnt the type to unlock it either.

Any idea what that "security unlocked" does mean?
Old 09-22-2009, 08:45 AM
VIP Member

razorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation level

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyorke View Post
Thanks for the replies. I just started it up and it is spl 0.37.0000. So it is obviously still locked. I am not really interested in changing anything right now,maybe down the road, So I dont need it unlocked. I was just confused because when that screen does come up it says "security unlocked" at the top of the screen and I know I havent unlocked it and the person I got it from wasnt the type to unlock it either.

Any idea what that "security unlocked" does mean?
i think it just means that while you're in bootloader mode a certain degree of security is unlocked. Every cdma touch pro says that at the top. it never changes
Old 09-22-2009, 09:12 AM
VIP Member

also...i wanted to point out that i think you're doing something else wrong when you turn your phone on. You only have to tap the power button on the top. To put the phone into bootloader mode (while the phone is off) you have to hold the power and volume down button for 2 or 3 seconds. it seems like you are under the impression that you have to hold the power button in and accidentally holding the volume too, just to turn it on. hope that helps
Old 09-22-2009, 09:18 AM
Lurker
Threadstarter

Cyorke is a n00b

oh no I know I jsut have to hold the power button. The first time the bootloader screen came up I thought I had screwed something up. I finally figured out what I was doing after reading some of the posts here in ppcgeeks. I am turning the phone on with one hand, ie I dont hold it in one hand and use the other to turn thepower on. When I do this I just so happen to be pushing the volume button at the same time and therefore when it powers on it shows the bootloader screen. I know this thread is in the diamond sectoin but it seems to apply exactly to waht is happening to me. It is all very unintentional. http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=62417
Old 09-22-2009, 09:33 AM
VIP Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyorke View Post
oh no I know I jsut have to hold the power button. The first time the bootloader screen came up I thought I had screwed something up. I finally figured out what I was doing after reading some of the posts here in ppcgeeks. I am turning the phone on with one hand, ie I dont hold it in one hand and use the other to turn thepower on. When I do this I just so happen to be pushing the volume button at the same time and therefore when it powers on it shows the bootloader screen. I know this thread is in the diamond sectoin but it seems to apply exactly to waht is happening to me. It is all very unintentional. http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=62417
i think you are still confused. you don't hold the power button to turn it on. I explained this in my previous post.
Old 09-22-2009, 09:52 AM
Lurker
Threadstarter

Cyorke is a n00b

sorry I meant press the power button. I am not holding the power button but I am holding the volume button at the exact moment I do press the power button. Either way if I do it just right the bootloader screen comes up. Unless i am referring to that screen incorrectly. I was trying to figure out what it was and did some searches and it seems that is aht everyone referred to it as. It is the tri-colored screen that has the SPL info on it.

Or maybe becuase of the way it is positioned in my hand at that exact time I am "holding" the power button instead of just pressing it. either way that screen is coming up. As I said in a previous post I dont really need to be able to get to it, it just sorta happened and I couldnt figure out how to get out of it.
Old 09-23-2009, 10:39 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Fuze
Carrier: ATT

k_semler is becoming a PPCGeeks regulark_semler is becoming a PPCGeeks regulark_semler is becoming a PPCGeeks regulark_semler is becoming a PPCGeeks regulark_semler is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via AIM to k_semler Send a message via MSN to k_semler Send a message via Yahoo to k_semler Send a message via Skype™ to k_semler

Quote:
and I couldnt figure out how to get out of it
Soft reset your device by inserting your stylus into the push button at the bottom, (while touching no other buttons)

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro