PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Touch Pro (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=63)
-   -   is this a known issue? (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=86632)

probuild521 09-22-2009 06:24 PM

is this a known issue?

so i got my vzw touch pro replaced and have had it for less than a week i look at it today and the whole screen when off is like techni-colored cant really describe it. and it is completely unresponsive. its really only possible to see when the screen is off. last time i called about an issue they had no idea what it was, is this one common?

thanks

pimpsuprazx 09-22-2009 06:43 PM

Re: is this a known issue?

Quote:

Originally Posted by probuild521 (Post 1186252)
so i got my vzw touch pro replaced and have had it for less than a week i look at it today and the whole screen when off is like techni-colored cant really describe it. and it is completely unresponsive. its really only possible to see when the screen is off. last time i called about an issue they had no idea what it was, is this one common?

thanks

It's not the bootloader screen right? I have it it on another touch pro, sprint, I think a flex cable could be going bad.

probuild521 09-22-2009 09:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pimpsuprazx (Post 1186293)
It's not the bootloader screen right? I have it it on another touch pro, sprint, I think a flex cable could be going bad.

no i can see everything load properly, just in the background its multi-colored, easiest to see when phone is off.

zone23 09-22-2009 09:23 PM

I have not heard of this but I don't know it all someone will be along shortly.. anyway sounds like hardware return it to the store for a replacement. Remember if you flashed it you will have to return it to stock.

Cyorke 09-22-2009 11:53 PM

do you mean like a rainbow effect in the middle of the screen? Does it sorta look like when oil has water spilled on it in a parking lot. I have the same thing on my SPrint TP. I can see itg mostly when it is powered off but if held at the correct angle can see it when powered on. It almost looks like the laminated pieces in the screen are seperating. I plan on taking mine to the local SPrint store as soon as I can.

Cicatrize 09-23-2009 01:18 AM

Take a picture?

bikeandestroyx 09-23-2009 01:35 AM

ive had 4 touch pros with this problem, and my diamond has it currently. It is a know issue, but verizon denies the fact that it is so big..
They will still replace your phone though, if you have had 3 replacements in 90 days you can call them up and ask about getting a different comparable phone, most likely they will offer you the diamond. Tell them it is the same phone same hardware, which means it has the same problem and you need the keyboard, they will probably tell you your out of luck. Politely ask them to talk to a tier 2 tech support person. From there you should have better luck, if they still tell you only the diamond, tell them you will think about it.
Call back and repeat!
I had to call back a second time for them to finally transfer me to a tier 2 tech support. I had to pay $40 for taxes but they sent me the tp2 as a replacement. Its new in box and i will be receiving it tomorrow :mrgreen:

zone23 09-23-2009 08:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bikeandestroyx (Post 1187068)
ive had 4 touch pros with this problem, and my diamond has it currently. It is a know issue, but verizon denies the fact that it is so big..
They will still replace your phone though, if you have had 3 replacements in 90 days you can call them up and ask about getting a different comparable phone, most likely they will offer you the diamond. Tell them it is the same phone same hardware, which means it has the same problem and you need the keyboard, they will probably tell you your out of luck. Politely ask them to talk to a tier 2 tech support person. From there you should have better luck, if they still tell you only the diamond, tell them you will think about it.
Call back and repeat!
I had to call back a second time for them to finally transfer me to a tier 2 tech support. I had to pay $40 for taxes but they sent me the tp2 as a replacement. Its new in box and i will be receiving it tomorrow :mrgreen:

What makes you think he wants a TP2? Not everyone is out to get one.. Actually HTC has a couple of phones around the corner that are going to be even better, that's the problem with tech. By the time your get it its already obsolete. Thanks for the info though.

My TP form Sprint has no rainbow and this is my second one, first one the chrome started cracking.

probuild521 09-23-2009 11:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cyorke (Post 1186878)
do you mean like a rainbow effect in the middle of the screen? Does it sorta look like when oil has water spilled on it in a parking lot. I have the same thing on my SPrint TP. I can see itg mostly when it is powered off but if held at the correct angle can see it when powered on. It almost looks like the laminated pieces in the screen are seperating. I plan on taking mine to the local SPrint store as soon as I can.

that is exactly it at first it was like the size of a thumb print in the middle not its pretty much the entire screen

probuild521 09-23-2009 11:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bikeandestroyx (Post 1187068)
Call back and repeat!

this is what i have done to get away from my blackberry storm thinking the tp is better. def not both phones are equal crap that arnt reliable. what are the odds they'd do it again in like 60days?