PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-14-2008, 11:01 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: TP2 back up !! EVO 4G !!
Carrier: SPRINT

cuban4lf is keeping up the good workcuban4lf is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to cuban4lf Send a message via Skype™ to cuban4lf
Scanlife !!

Does any1 knw what this program is used for. downloaded it and cant get it to work on freewarepocketpc.com barcodes... thats bwhat i thought it was for anyways ! lol ... help
Old 12-14-2008, 11:29 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: PRO2/EVO4G
Carrier: SprinT

lipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIP
Re: Scanlife !!

It's for scanning 2d barcodes to get information or downloads, yes. Kinda flaky though. And it might not be working because the TP has a 3.2 mp camera.
Note: You should try barcorama if you don't know about it already... you can scan retail items at stores and pull up info and pricing on it instantly: http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread...ight=barcorama

i know barcorama is for different scanning purposes, but still... I had to mention it because i saw the word scan

Last edited by lipidfats; 12-14-2008 at 11:31 PM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 12-15-2008, 12:00 PM
Lurker

Rikster is a n00b

ScanLife reads 2d barcodes which have more information than regular barcodes. They have some on their website - http://www.scanlife.com/examples.html.
Old 04-07-2009, 11:26 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC HD2
Carrier: T-Mobile USA

darnell knows their stuffdarnell knows their stuffdarnell knows their stuffdarnell knows their stuffdarnell knows their stuffdarnell knows their stuffdarnell knows their stuff
Is there an easy way to TOTALLY unistall ScanLife?!!!

For kicks, I installed ScanLife. Not that I needed it, but just wanted to play with it. I installed it a while back, so it's been on my device for a while and is in all my recent backups.

Anyway, I played with it some a while back and could not get it to scan any ScanLife codes. I played with it again last night and still could not get it to scan ScanLife codes. I tried the "update" option in the program and that didn't help it work any better.

Finding it useless, I've been trying to uninstall it. But it leaves a "Get ScanLife" icon in my Programs menu. Will removing that icon after uninstall totally do away with ScanLife? I want it totally off, but seeing the "Get ScanLife" icon after uninstalling makes me wonder if there's more to getting it totally off than removing the left behind "Get ScanLife" icon...

They should not dump icons on my device during UNINSTALL!!!
Old 09-23-2009, 05:29 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Evo 4G
Carrier: Sprint

TheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Just go to Windows>Start Menu>Programs and delete it, and delete the Scanlife directory under Program Files (under the root directory of eith the device or storage card, depending on where you installed it). It doesn't seem to work at all on the TP2, unless it reads it "live" without you having to press a button to take a photo

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro