PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-21-2009, 07:20 PM
Threadstarter
Pocket PC: HTC Rhodium 400
Carrier: Sprint

t0mmyr should be added to the payroll for their contributionst0mmyr should be added to the payroll for their contributionst0mmyr should be added to the payroll for their contributionst0mmyr should be added to the payroll for their contributionst0mmyr should be added to the payroll for their contributionst0mmyr should be added to the payroll for their contributionst0mmyr should be added to the payroll for their contributionst0mmyr should be added to the payroll for their contributionst0mmyr should be added to the payroll for their contributionst0mmyr should be added to the payroll for their contributionst0mmyr should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to t0mmyr
Unhappy Hard Home, back, send, & end keys failing?

So my phone send and end key primarily stopped working, i cannot answer phone calls with them no more and can't open the phone dialer, the home key works once and a while but most of the time it just acts like im pressed the dpad left....

...has this happened to anyone? i soft-reset and nothing, one time boot time was suppppper slow. im gonna have to hard reset tonight and see if it fixes or else maybe pizzahut grease when hitting send may have leaked down into the electronics and broke something i think this last phone i've had has been flawless until now i'm really bummed and i'd like to know if anyone else has had any similar experiences with the hard keys below the screen

Old 09-21-2009, 10:43 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: TP
Carrier: Duh, think about it...

Talon Pro is becoming a PPCGeeks regularTalon Pro is becoming a PPCGeeks regularTalon Pro is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Re: Hard Home, back, send, & end keys failing?

From what I understand you could do a hard reset and fix it.
Old 09-22-2009, 12:16 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: Moto Droid @ 1.1GHz
Carrier: VZW

raidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the community
Send a message via MSN to raidzero

I have done this by breaking things on the software side, recook and reflash and it is fixed, not much help I know, but a hard reset would be a good thing to try
Old 09-22-2009, 12:18 AM
Mobileunderground.info
Pocket PC: HD2
Carrier: T-Mobile

bikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the community
Send a message via AIM to bikeandestroyx Send a message via MSN to bikeandestroyx

This happened to one of my old touch pro's it was bad lol i hated not being able to answer calls, i never realised how much i used those buttons.
Old 09-22-2009, 01:29 AM
Threadstarter
Threadstarter

t0mmyr should be added to the payroll for their contributionst0mmyr should be added to the payroll for their contributionst0mmyr should be added to the payroll for their contributionst0mmyr should be added to the payroll for their contributionst0mmyr should be added to the payroll for their contributionst0mmyr should be added to the payroll for their contributionst0mmyr should be added to the payroll for their contributionst0mmyr should be added to the payroll for their contributionst0mmyr should be added to the payroll for their contributionst0mmyr should be added to the payroll for their contributionst0mmyr should be added to the payroll for their contributions

hard reset it is i guess
Old 09-22-2009, 04:33 AM
Threadstarter
Threadstarter

****, so i flashed another rom and same problem, i think i got a hardware problem for sure now

i got to mashing all the buttons together to see if anything would happen and a few times i got my phone dialer to open and worked for like 10seconds, but now its definately not working, all that works is the 4-way d-pad and enter key, but i cant even make the bottom buttons light up by lightly touching my enter key no more......the grease had to killed the sensitivity or something, what can i do
Old 09-22-2009, 09:49 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: TPro2

Briz600 is becoming a great contributor

This same thing started happening to my TP . Flashing to Stock Rom/Hard Reset did not fix ended up having to call in for a new one.

Last edited by Briz600; 09-22-2009 at 09:53 AM.
Old 09-22-2009, 10:17 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

THEGAMEPLAY94 is a n00b

this is a known issue with the tp...u can take it back in a get them to fix it. 2 of my tp had this problem

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro