PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-21-2009, 05:33 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC touch
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

techguru is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Hard reset and Sprite restore, now no GPS

I was having a problem with my screen, and to make sure it was hardware (it is) I did a hard reset. I restored with Sprite backup, and made sure to set Location ON in phone settings, but no GPS apps, including VZNavigator can see any satellites. (VZW stock MR1 ROM).

It could be a hardware issue, after all, my screen is hosed (keeps turning off backlight unless I touch or squeeze right over the Verizon logo) but I am concerned that my Sprite backup somehow over-wrote some critical registry setting or file that somehow is different in the backup. I am getting a replacement phone tomorrow, and wanted to use my backup to restore all my apps to it, but I am concerned I might screw up the GPS again.

Anyone had similar issues after a hard reset and can tell me what I might be missing, or do you agree that my hardware is probably blown and I shouldn't worry about it since I am getting a replacement tomorrow?

Alan
Old 09-21-2009, 11:10 PM
DaFlowMaster
Pocket PC: TP2 IPHONE 3GS 5.1.1
Carrier: GSM...

HBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Send a message via AIM to HBOOT
Re: Hard reset and Sprite restore, now no GPS

I wouldnt worry bout it much, Does VZ have Quick Gps, if so update that thing manually...
Old 09-22-2009, 12:51 AM
N00b
Threadstarter

Wirelessly posted (XV6850.1 Opera/9.50 (Windows NT 5.1; U; en))

Quote:
Originally Posted by HB
I wouldnt worry bout it much, Does VZ have Quick Gps, if so update that thing manually...
yes it does, and I tried that. I'll do another hard reset tomorrow and see if GPS works prior to my Sprite restor. That will tell me whether to restore when I get the new one or just reinstall everything

Hope it is the hardware.

Alan
Old 09-22-2009, 11:34 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: VZN TP
Carrier: VZN

Mylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

try the GPS fix again. if you did that and hard reset it removes the fix.
Old 09-22-2009, 05:24 PM
N00b
Threadstarter

Which GPS fix? This is stock MR1 which should support 3rd party GPS with no tweaks. I don't recall doing any tweaks when I got it, and that was just two months ago, so I would think I would remember (although it has been a really crazy busy two months....). I did somehow get VZNavigator working again, and while it is running, 3rd party apps work too.
Old 09-23-2009, 12:48 PM
N00b
Threadstarter

It was the hardware. I got the new phone, tested the GPS before the Sprite restore, worked fine, tested after the sprite restore, works fine.

Thanks for the suggestions though.

Alan
Old 09-24-2009, 01:59 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC TouchPro (VZW)
Carrier: Verizon

Asphyx is becoming a PPCGeeks regularAsphyx is becoming a PPCGeeks regularAsphyx is becoming a PPCGeeks regularAsphyx is becoming a PPCGeeks regularAsphyx is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Yep hard reset boots the fix...you have to re-install the cab and run /windows/ppst

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro